Should I buy the extended warranty for the 360 slim?

Blaster man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I got my 360s last year in December. On MS's warranty site, I can buy an extra year for $25 or two years for $50. The kinect sensor is 15 and 30.

For the Xbox itself, I've started to notice issues. It's frozen on the splash screen (logo at start up). I've had it freeze several times on the dashboard. I've been getting disk read errors (so far only on ME3). I've had games freeze though I think that is usually related to bugs but a couple of the times, I'm not so sure about.

For the kinect sensor, I have kids and they pull it off the tv all the time.

I went through 3 original xbox's and after that, I'd hate to have it happen again. I was always able to get my other one repaired for free. the last time out of warranty by yelling at the CSR for about 45 minutes. That's a lot of work and the warranty seems pretty reasonably priced.

Anyone know of 360s' failing? Advices/suggestions? Thanks!

[quote name='Blaster man'] I was always able to get my other one repaired for free. the last time out of warranty by yelling at the CSR for about 45 minutes.
Anyone know of 360s' failing? Advices/suggestions? Thanks![/QUOTE]

After reading that I hope every xbox you get continues to break and hopefully the next poor CSR who had nothing to do with it kicks it up to a supervisor who tells you to pound rocks. Jackass. /rant over.

I'll buy a warranty on any product after the 360 RROD debacle. The slim hasn't been out long enough to know if it is 100% fool proof.

When I get the 720 or whatever it will be called I'll make sure to put aside extra cash for the 3 year extended warranty.

the 360 has been rock solid since Jasper and that was released in September of 2008. RROD mostly occurs with people who had previous revisions. And people kept getting RROD because Microsoft wouldn't upgrade your bad console with a newer revision. So if you had a Falcon, you kept getting a Falcon back which had the same chances of RROD as any other Falcon. Some people stupidly thought they could get a Jasper by intentionally RROD their system (wrapping it in a towel).

bread's done
Back