should i do that limited gamestop $250 trade up xbox one promo?

angrynoisefly

CAGiversary!
i have a white 500 gb xbox one should i take advantage of the limited gamestop $250 trade in promo with the free game + controller? if so which bundle should i get the 1 tb holiday bundle or the elite console is the elite console really worth it or just a gimmick? also should i trade in my 360 for $100 while i am at it? thanks.

The elite controller is really nice. And I wouldn't knock it until you use one. If you need another controller and you want a game that is currently out. Then it is a good deal. Since you get a new console with a new 1 year warranty. Plus a game ($60) and a controller ($60). So $120 worth of stuff

The elite controller is really nice. And I wouldn't knock it until you use one. If you need another controller and you want a game that is currently out. Then it is a good deal. Since you get a new console with a new 1 year warranty. Plus a game ($60) and a controller ($60). So $120 worth of stuff
yeah i get that but w the 1 tb bundle i trade in the nice controller for 3 games that are free. i wonder if the elite controller will be sold separately eventually?

stil haven't decided on what to do, suppose i will sleep on it. tomorrow is the last day to take advantage.... the way i see it

i trade in my 500 gb white console + controller for $250

trade in my 320 gb xbox 360 + controller for $100

trade in all my 360 games and 2 additional controllers ( haven't totaled up exactly how much i will get for this but i imagine it being around or close to $50.... i am a pro member too so i am getting the pro member bonus on all the games. most of the games i've already played/completed and don't see myself going back to any time soon and if i ever really wanted to i could just buy cheap for the ps3 or on steam cheap later down the road, there aren't many exclusives for the 360 worth playing and most of the exclusives will be backwards compatible or remade for the xbox one already)

so that is $400 right there covering the cost of the new bundle which is basically an upgrade.... i trade in the 500 gb for 1 tb, get 4 new games plus an additional controller...... seems worth it i suppose.... i guess i will miss having the collection of games but i get new games to play...... addition by subtraction i suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems too minor of an upgrade. You know in 1-2 years there will be a slim and thats the upgrade you want

You can get elite controller separately

http://smile.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Elite-Wireless-Controller/dp/B00ZDNNRB8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1446967057&sr=1-1&keywords=elite+controller
yeah that's why i think trading in now makes sense because if a slim ever does come out, the 1 tb will probably trade in for a better value than the 500 gb will.

and that's a lot of money to dish out for a controller, i'm not a hardcore enough gamer for something like that really

so i ended up doing what i said was going to and traded in my 500 gb white console & xbox 360 + games and old controllers.

in the end i walked out with

1 TB Holiday Bundle, additional controller (went for one of the Halo 5 versions), Halo 5 Guardians & $50 store credit. seems like a good deal for me. at the moment. 

i probably got a bunch of points too since i am a pro member which i guess will unlock, idk, something.

in the long run i may be losing out maybe but i feel it was a worthy upgrade, i didn't see a purpose for keeping the 360 lying around right now. 

i'm really starting to hate the console video games now tbh

hopefully i dont regret doing this i probably will im kind of having mixed feelings about and am tempted to just sell all this new stuff before i ever open it and just get the money back for it all but idk i guess i should just try to forget about it now and enjoy the things while they are new i havent done that in a while but in the end it is all meaningless kind of

i wonder if i will regret not having all those games. i had some good times on that xbox but most of the friends i played on live w dont go on anymore which would have been the only reason to keep it really. most of the games i can just get again on ps3 or pc later down the right. most of the 360 exclusives are remade/backwards compatible on xbox one now or just not worth playing really imo.

i wonder what i should do with the $50 gift card? might be useful to have come black friday yeah?

:/ i kinda feel like i regret doing this now, not sure why i was so anxious to do it in the first place.

oh well, nothing to do about it now.... gotta try to enjoy what i have.... or figure out a way to flip it i guess :/

i'm honestly kinda tempted to give up on video games all together now.... why perpetuate the cycle.

man i really want my stuff back kinda for some reason

i should prob just flip this xbox one crap cos i am sick of it

i hate trading in

i feel sick kinda

fuck

fuck fuck fuck

I usually only trade in stuff I have either beaten or know I will never play again. Better to get some value for something I won't touch again.

i just need to figure out what to do with all that i have now i don't really want it and i want to flip it soon before it loses value i wish i had just stayed home that day i am such an idiot i hate myself

since i have yet to open this i wonder if it is worth going back to gamestop and swapping the the holiday bundle for either the halo 5 edition or the elite bundle and just buying rare replay & gow ue when they are cheap on black friday.... all together i'd be paying out an extra $150 though which i am not sure is worth it.... the halo 5 console looks really nice but i don't like that it doesn't come w a physical copy of the game (i would also have to swap the halo 5 game i chose as the free game for something else, not sure what to choose) and the elite console seems sort of gimmicky to me and not worth the extra $100 just for some fancy controller.

bread's done
Back