Should I do this trade?

EagleNights

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Not sure if this is quite even, since I don't really know the exact values for these, so I need a little advice-

Brigandine and Blazing Heroes for Saturn (mine)

traded for his-

Tales of Destiny (really good cond.)
Marvel vs. capcom 2 (also pretty good condition, but it's a former rental)
He showed me pics, seemed decent, one sticker.

Yeah, sorry if you're viewing this TEND, but I needed a little outside info.

Personally, I wouldn't part with Blazing Heroes.

If you're looking at the deal from a collector's standpoint I don't really think it would be worth it either.

[quote name='EagleNights']Xbox. BTW, is there any solid value difference between the PS2/XBOX version?[/QUOTE]

No, the DC version is the best but the xbox and PS2 versions are very close in quality.

BTW it's a pretty even deal, the real question is do you ever plan on playing the saturn games again? In the future finding those titles in good condition may be difficult.

As far as value, they just reprinted the PS2 edition of MvC2, so it's not worth as much on paper as the Xbox version - but even that is still worth considerably less than Brigandine. But on the other hand, Blazing Heroes is nearly worthless, so I would call it a fair trade.

[quote name='sonarrat']As far as value, they just reprinted the PS2 edition of MvC2[/QUOTE]

Okay.... so exactly what rare haven't they reprinted yet for the PS2?

Actually it's all for selling, I don't really want any of them. I have other Saturn games I have and like to play.
Blazing Heroes was free, but I'm considering sale value, not out of pocket.

it was free because I went into this store Bookman's, and they had some excellent games, and I was going to get that, Astal, Shining Force, and a turbo grafx 16 system, but I decided to get Blazing heroes only. Anyway, I get to the cash register and I turn out to be some kind of "winner", and my ENTIRE purchase is free (which was only BH unfortunately).

[quote name='sonarrat']But on the other hand, Blazing Heroes is nearly worthless, so I would call it a fair trade.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it was worth about $35?
Well, if it's worth only a little, Tales of Destiny plus MvsC2 doesn't sound too bad.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Okay.... so exactly what rare haven't they reprinted yet for the PS2?[/QUOTE]

World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002. It's pathetic and funny that this is one of the most expensive PS2 games on Amazon...

...And for some reason, Flatout has gotten incredibly expensive. o_O

[quote name='EagleNights']Really? I thought it was worth about $35?
Well, if it's worth only a little, Tales of Destiny plus MvsC2 doesn't sound too bad.[/QUOTE]

I think guardian heroes is the one that's actually worth something.

[quote name='sonarrat']World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002. It's pathetic and funny that this is one of the most expensive PS2 games on Amazon...[/QUOTE]

That's really sad, oh well hopefully all these rereleasing will cut down on hoarders, especially the type that buy up 5 copies of the same game and constantly gloat about it.

[quote name='sonarrat']As far as value, they just reprinted the PS2 edition of MvC2, so it's not worth as much on paper as the Xbox version - but even that is still worth considerably less than Brigandine. But on the other hand, Blazing Heroes is nearly worthless, so I would call it a fair trade.[/QUOTE]

Huh? It got reprinted? Where did you get this bit of info? I was pretty sure this was impossible since Capcom does NOT have the Marvel license anymore.

I'd go ahead and trade with the guy. What would you rather have: A played Saturn game on your shelf? Or, two new games to play through the trade? It may be a little bit uneven but that's alright, what's $5 anyway? Send media mail to save some change.

[quote name='Zon27']Huh? It got reprinted? Where did you get this bit of info? I was pretty sure this was impossible since Capcom does NOT have the Marvel license anymore.[/QUOTE]

Didn't get info - I just saw two mint copies on the shelf at an EB, and two more at another one, and heard the same thing from another CAG.

[quote name='rywateska']I'd go ahead and trade with the guy. What would you rather have: A played Saturn game on your shelf? Or, two new games to play through the trade? It may be a little bit uneven but that's alright, what's $5 anyway? Send media mail to save some change.[/QUOTE]

So, in terms of value it's probably a loss?

[quote name='sonarrat']Didn't get info - I just saw two mint copies on the shelf at an EB, and two more at another one, and heard the same thing from another CAG.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how much they were?
Sorry for the double post

In terms of value it is definitely a gain. I was going by Amazon before - on Ebay, Brigandine is worth about $40, Blazing Heroes about $10. Tales of Destiny and MvC2 are each worth about $40.

The MvC2's were $49.99 on the shelf.

[quote name='EagleNights']So, in terms of value it's probably a loss?[/QUOTE]

Not at all. If you're looking to trade for value you're likely trading for the wrong reasons. Trade because you want to play and have the games he's offering, they're not bad at all. I think it's dumb to hold back on a deal just for pennies to the dollar. In the end, it's still your choice.

bread's done
Back