Should I ebay dispute this transaction?

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
So I bought something from a seller I was kinda iffy about (from China...), however, they did have about 28 or so positive ratings with no negative or neutrals. So I said why not, and bought and paid for item through paypal. I get a message thanking me for the purchase from the seller and telling me it should be on its way soon. A day later, the listing gets removed from ebay and ebay tells me the seller is under investigation and I should dispute if I don't see my product after a week. Since the seller is from China, seller tells me the item will take 12-20 days to arrive. I emailed him back regarding his listing removal and to cancel my order but apparently it already shipped.

What should I do in this situation? Should I sit back and just wait for the item? Or should I just dispute it as soon as I can? I feel this is kinda shady. Plus I already won an auction through another seller for the same item so I don't want to have that seller wait on me. Help me CAG!

Any and all things sold from China or Hong Kong are cheap knock-off's, bootlegs counterfeits, etc, etc.

It's best not to buy and support those crooks.

Btw, file a claim as soon as you can. Which would be 7 days after the end of the auction. If the seller didnt provide a tracking number than you can file under " Non Performing Seller". If 7 days haven't passed yet call up ebay and ask them if they can file an early claim since the seller is no longer a registered user.

I wouldnt dispute because they havent done anything yet for you to dispute. You won the auction and you paid for it and the seller says he shipped it. So if he really didnt ship it you have nothing to do dispute because he is doing what you paid him to do.

And you should pay the other seller also and be done with it. Its your fault you wont 2 auctions for the same thing. You won them both you should pay for them both. Because up till this point right now, no one has done you wrong at all.

You have nothing to dispute, sure you could but you would just be lying, but thats beside the point. Everything is going as it should right now, you got yourself stuck buying 2 of the same thing and the china guy as far as you know sent you the item just like you paid him to do. Now if its not there after awhile then you dispute it.

So suck it up. You bought two items, if you get both then you resell one on ebay and cut your losses. And if its so shady then you shouldnt have gotten it to begin with.

[quote name='twicwborn']Any and all things sold from China or Hong Kong are cheap knock-off's, bootlegs counterfeits, etc, etc.

It's best not to buy and support those crooks.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect, wrong and kneejerkingly racist to assume anything sold from there is automatically a knockoff and they are crooks.

Incase you havent looked at a "made in" tag on anything you buy within the last 12 years from anywhere in the country, it says china on it.

Ive bought electronics, figures, games and some dvds not released in my region coding and none have been bootlegs or knockoffs. Hell I bought a model from china once and guy for extra 10 bucks assembeled it and did a damn good job painting it for me. If you have half a fucking brain when you look at a auction you can tell if they are or not. And in a few cases I wasnt sure I asked the seller and they told me straight up if it was or not.

So, just because it comes from china doesnt make it bad or make them crooks. That statement just mean your a immature kid that has no idea what he is saying.

Yes many thing are made in china, but the products that are made for American and Japanese companies are manufacturing legitimate products that are built to a quality standard.

The Chinese and Hong Kong sellers on Ebay are notoroius for making shoddy, bootleged items.

I just had a problem like yours. The listing was to good to be true, so I brought 2 of them. Week later the listing was taken down, as soon as that happen I filed a dispute with paypal. 2 weeks later I got money back, but never got the product.

We had a similar problem here a few months back when my wife purchased Cinderella on DVD. She bought it from a US seller and figured it'd be fine, but turned out it was a bootleg. I hopped on ebay to dispute and the guy is no longer a registered seller. I shot him an email and explained I don't want to pay for a bootleg and he gave me the refund without fuss - shipping and all.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Dispute it.

If you receive the item and there is nothing wrong with it, you can always pay him later.[/QUOTE]

agreed if it shows up pay him for it but if you wait too long you may never see your money or the item.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Dispute it.

If you receive the item and there is nothing wrong with it, you can always pay him later.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the best advice so far. I guess I can wait on the item, but his listing WAS taken off and ebay is in the process of investigating. The seller sent me an email but I still find it fishy how he was removed from ebay completely.

Most of the time those venders do get shut down for bootleg complaints but they do ship those items out. I wouldn't necessarily call every product cheap knock-offs as some of those are made better than the crap they ship for the US to sell.

bread's done
Back