Should I get a 360 slim or regular one?

icp_00_111

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
My 360(20 gig pro) is dying again(3rd time) and I want to either get the new slim or the FF XIII bundle. My main problem with the slim is that it is new tech and there could be problems, the old 360's tech got better, but is still sketchy. Any opinions and/or facts are aprreciated, I keep going back and forth on what to get.

Well, you can get an Elite for 250 with Forza 3 and Halo:ODsT or a slim for 300 and no games. Unless you need wifi, I would go for the Elite.

[quote name='CactusZac098']Slim. It loads faster, is quieter, and cooler.[/QUOTE]

The cooler aspect is my main concern, I have read a few horror stories whre the slim they bought died in a few days, and that scares the crap out of me. I am hoping the microsoft fixed the overheating issues but am not sure they did. BTW thanks everybody that has and will give advice on this topic, also, the price is not a major concern.

I was mainly trying to get it at a b&m store also.

I heard that the new 360 slim has a thing that whenever it's overheating it tells you on-screen and warns you that its gonna shut itself down in order to cool itself down attempting to prevent the RRoD, although whenever this happens I think it was the Power Sign (thing in the middle) that glows red but that's suppossed to happen, I read this off some new article btw lol

I knew there were rumors of a redesign, but I picked up a Splinter Cell bundle about a month & a half before E3 & don't regret it (well...would have been nice to save a little more $$, but don't regret getting the old system ;) ). I install every game I get anyway, so the system is silent. Love it, zero complaints.

Would go with the new S* model, no reason not to, 250gig hard drive, built-in wireless, available for Kinect in the future. Microsoft only cut the price of all other hardware to try get rid of their supply, they are essentially phasing out the models and going with the new model so really I wouldn't spend money on something being phased out.

- Jason

I just traded in my four year old pro, kept the hard drive and bought a brand new arcade. It hardly cost me anything and now I have a new warranty and HDMI. If you really want to be a "cheap ass" that might be the way to go.

Ok, so as far as I can tell, the OP is wondering if this thing will fry itself or if its better designed than previous 360s. Im also curious about this because being new and knowing MSs track record with their 360's, theres a 50/50 chance that its designed well enough to last. Are the rumors of this thing running hot true?

I'd get an Elite unless you absolutely have to have wireless. It's much cheaper, hard drive capacity is not really an issue and you can probably get one with games and/or another controller as has been mentioned. I have a 2 year old 120 GB Elite and it does not run hot at all, I'm sure the newer ones are even cooler.

bread's done
Back