Should I get a job at Gamestop or EB?

Why doesn't anyone mention that they want to get a job at a local video game store. Everyone always complaints that EB and GS suck but they still go there. At a local store you don't have to put up with all the corporate crap and you get more say into whats going on in the business instead of being a drone in a uniform. Its a much more laid back atmosphere. If the owner feels like having a tourament or sale it can be done just like that.

[quote name='mcsake']Why doesn't anyone mention that they want to get a job at a local video game store. Everyone always complaints that EB and GS suck but they still go there. At a local store you don't have to put up with all the corporate crap and you get more say into whats going on in the business instead of being a drone in a uniform. Its a much more laid back atmosphere. If the owner feels like having a tourament or sale it can be done just like that.[/QUOTE]
Why on earth did you bump this topic after it's been dead for a YEAR?

But then again, the only thing that tipped me off was the fact that I saw a post by Deadzone, and I know it's been ages since one of those happened...

[quote name='The Game']I have worked as a store manager at EB for about 1 year now and I LOVE it![/QUOTE]

Something tells me that being a "manager" has something to do with how much you like your job. Running the place, telling others what to do, getting paid more than everyone else, etc. will make your work experience a lot more fun than it is for the little guys making minimum wage at the bottom of the totem pole.

My Dad works for the USPS (Finance Manager) and he said that you can make $10.25 an hour working at a post office at 18. While it may not be the most fun thing and I don't have a damn clue what you would do it makes a few more dollars an hour.

bread's done
Back