Should I get a psn game?

LiteOnMe

CAGiversary!
I have $18 left and are there any psn games that are worth it? I dont own any psn titles. I was thinking of just getting suikoden 1 and a track pack but i dont really think thats a good value.

i like the remix they did of bionic commando but if youre not up for a challenge dont bother. that gti rall racing game is cool too. if youre not sure though theres a number of psn games you can download for free and then buy later if you want it ( mega man 9 and bionic commando have that option in them. just check through what they have and if you can demo it do it they have some cheap stuff on there.

there are plenty of games you should get they are fun too just get 3 5$ games

i cant wait til the next sale

go puzzle , eden, age of booty , street fighter , bowling, pain stardust are all worth it

Burnout Paradise just dropped to $20. If you haven't already bought that add two bucks and buy it now. There's a lot of good games on PSN, my top four are (in no particular order) Calling all cars!, High Velocity Bowling, Super Stardust HD, and WipEout HD.

I would recommend Calling All Cars!, Crash Commando (fantastic game), and like lokizz said Megaman 9 and Bionic Commando are good but only if you want a challenge

They have sales usually 2 or 3 times a year, and drop five games or so to the $5.00 mark for a couple of weeks.

Some of the PS1 classics are well worth it. I bought Spyro(the original) from PSN and I haven't regretted it yet.

Sure, it looks rough around the edges since it's an OLD game, but it's one of the better PS1 classics on PSN.

I also picked up Mortal Kombat II, which is the original arcade version and NOT the updated one with Babalities and Friendships, which I used to get a real laugh out of.

I remember the one time when the one guy at the arcade did a Babality, then did a fatality. The baby stayed there, but a second version of the character appeared and he did the fatality on that.

what kind of game do you like:
suikoden

driving - i second that burnout recommendation. for $20 you get a lot of shit. the game + all the dlc (free and paid included) will provide you hours of stuff to do.

tower defense - savage moon is awesome

fighting - street fighter hd turbor remix

or gameshare. there are arguments for and against it.

oh yeah they have casltevannia symphony of the night for 10 which ive been hearing good things about for years. it could be worth buying. overall i wish they would add more ps1 games to psn and rare ps2 games.

I'm trying to figure out what to get as well. I keep going back and forth on Lumines Supernova and Magic Ball. If Lumines wasn't $15, I would have bought it by now.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']If all you have left is $18, I would save it for food or some other necessity.[/QUOTE]Video Games > Food. ;)

Bejeweled 2 (Fun and addictive if you are into it)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (Very tough, but lots of fun to play)
Blast Factor (the game is pretty fun once you purchase all the add-on content, but may not appeal to everyone)
Calling All Cars (Fun to play with others if you have local friends and many controllers)
Crash Commando (fun multi-player game)
Cuboid (Might not be worth the price, but many say it's fun)
Echochrome (very interesting puzzle type game)
Everyday Shooter (fun game and very interesting)
Fatal Inertia EX (the game is a bit expensive and not as good as Wipeout HD, but still good)
Geon (cool concept, but not for everyone)
Go! Sudoku (If you are into it, good purchase)
GTI Club + (Sucks that it has just one track, but a great Arcade port)
High Velocity Bowling (fun bowling game with online play)
Lumines Supernova (great puzzle to play)
Magic Ball (Pretty good game like Breakout)
Mega Man 9 (If you can’t get into NES games, avoid, but if you can appreciate 8 Bit graphics and tough difficulty, definitely buy)
Mortal Kombat II (while it may not be the best classic port, still fun to play)
PixelJunk Eden (might not be for everyone, but cool style)
PixelJunk Monsters (very fun RTS type game, similar to Tower Defense or whatever it's called)
Prince of Persia Classic
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of Warlords
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty (If you beat ToD, this game is great to play, although short)
Siren: Blood Curse (awesome survival horror that's fun and scary)
Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer (Good shooter, but hard)
Super Puzzle Fighter II HD (Very awesome puzzle game that’s fun)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD (Very awesome 2D fighter)
Super Stardust HD (Very downloadable game that's addicting)
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online (Best version of Tekken 5)
The Last Guy (Pretty cool and interesting downloadable game)
Wipeout HD (Very awesome racer)

Bold means definite

PS1 Games
Suikoden
Wild Arms

I tried the Elefunk demo and it was a lot of fun. You need to pick and place pieces to construct bridges so an elephant can cross them. It's very strategic yet relaxing. And its only $4.99!

[quote name='J7.']I tried the Elefunk demo and it was a lot of fun. You need to pick and place pieces to construct bridges so an elephant can cross them. It's very strategic yet relaxing. And its only $4.99![/quote]

I have about 12-14 full PSN games. Elefunk is not a bad game, it just isn't anywhere near the top of the list of what I would recommend buying. That honor would go to Burnout if you could get the extra dollar or two to meet the $20 price (or better yet, gameshare it).

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Wait is Parappa the PS1 version?[/quote]

yep it runs for 22 and some change i believe.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I have about 12-14 full PSN games. Elefunk is not a bad game, it just isn't anywhere near the top of the list of what I would recommend buying. That honor would go to Burnout if you could get the extra dollar or two to meet the $20 price (or better yet, gameshare it).[/quote]
For me personally it is one of the best games I have played, enjoyed the demo more than the demos for PJMonsters, PJEden, GTI Club, Mega Man 9, PJRacers, and others. I can't think of any other game thats so much fun for $5. I think people should at least give it a try.

Crash Commando is definitely one of the best games you can get. So much fun for so little price.

[quote name='J7.']For me personally it is one of the best games I have played, enjoyed the demo more than the demos for PJMonsters, PJEden, GTI Club, Mega Man 9, PJRacers, and others. I can't think of any other game thats so much fun for $5. I think people should at least give it a try.[/quote]

Kool. I'll give it another shot once I get through some of my backlog.

Suikoden is hailed as one of the top RPGs for the psx era, so picking it up wont be money going to waste.

As for a PSN game... really depends on what you're into to. If you're a big action/twitch fan like me, then I whole-heartedly suggest Super Stardust HD. I picked up the bundle pack, and it's the best $15 that I ever spent on the PSN so far. If you're a racing fan, Burnout Paradise is a no-brainer (and it's my next PSN purchase).

I have to agree with the suggestion of Burnout Paradise, Symphony of the Night, or Bionic Commando; all of these games are well worth the price of admission and will keep you busy for hours (especially Burnout).

bread's done
Back