Should I get all 3 next gen consoles now?

Linkgx1

CAGiversary!
So, as some of you may know, I just put a 360 S Elite Edition on Lay a way (yes, they do exist:D) and I'm wondering if it's worth it to have all 3 next gen consoles. I had a Wii, but got rid of it. Think about getting it back. My problem is that I would be getting the same experience on both the 360 and PS3. That's why I have been going back and forth on what console I want. I think both consoles are awesome (PS3's exclusives are starting to look better). I am just afraid of repeating my experience with the PS2/GCN combo. They were waayyy to similar. I didn't have money to spread around both consoles and ended up playing GCN mostly, though that was the first one I got in the first place.:cool: That Bluray/no yearly online fee is looking good on PS3, but the overall user experience (PS3 controller is terrible.....it's been over 10 years!) on the 360 seems better.

Also, the 3DS is coming out and I don't want to spend another $200+ on a gaming item. Plus, this generation is due for it's expiration date of 2 years at the latest and don't want two consoles I really couldn't enjoy because I only had two years with them.

Any tips? Please no flaming.:hot:

nah in the end it all depends on what you want and what yore willing to pay for it. i only have one console ( ps3) and 2 handhelds one of which was given to me. with the other consoles adating their own motion tech i dont see any point in owning a wii unless you really want to play the few flagship titles they have.

as far as chosing between a ps3/360 you coud easily do both since i think the core 360 system sells for cheap and the price of 360 games drops quicker than it does on ps3 most times.

its all really about your budget/time you can spend gaming/ what kind of games you like.

For most people I wouldn't think it'd be worth owning all 3. You either get a 360 or PS3 based on the exclusives each has, and get a Wii once it has enough to draw you in.

I do have all consoles at my home when I'm not at school, and speaking from personal opinion -- I don't see how you could choose a 360 over a PS3 if you already own a gaming PC. All notable WRPGs and FPS are on PC and are more natural to the PC platform, but that's primarily what people get 360s for. I always found that odd. Not to mention Steam is the shit.

Other than that you basically have Fable III and Alan Wake -- certainly fine titles, but hardly system sellers IMO.

I regret buying my PS3. I've been using it as an expensive Blu Ray player and that's it... I might just sell it and buy a blu ray player on BF when they hit sub-$100.

I'd definitely skip the Wii. As for PS3 or 360, you could buy both, but I would wait until the holidays and see if there are any good deals.

do you want me to tell you what to do or do you want to decide yourself? I wonder what you're going to do when you have to make a real life decision.

Why do people still refer to the current gen as "next gen"? Next gen is PS4, Xbox 361, and whatever the hell Nintendo wants to call their Wii successor.

And seriously OP... you need to make up your mind. We can give you opinions but that's all they are: opinion. What we like may not suit you.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You again!? I thought the last thread would have answered your questions. We don't need a new one of these every week![/QUOTE]
You're the reason I left in the first place, you....naughty bear.

[quote name='lokizz']nah in the end it all depends on what you want and what yore willing to pay for it. i only have one console ( ps3) and 2 handhelds one of which was given to me. with the other consoles adating their own motion tech i dont see any point in owning a wii unless you really want to play the few flagship titles they have.

as far as chosing between a ps3/360 you coud easily do both since i think the core 360 system sells for cheap and the price of 360 games drops quicker than it does on ps3 most times.

its all really about your budget/time you can spend gaming/ what kind of games you like.[/QUOTE]
I wasn gonna get the core 360, but.....it doesn't play Reach!:bomb:

[quote name='Linkgx1']I wasn gonna get the core 360, but.....it doesn't play Reach!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

If you want Reach and if you already have a system on layaway, then just buy the Xbox 360 and be done with it. The PS3/360 have pretty much the same games and if you sold the Wii once, then you'll probably do it again.

nike-just-do-it.jpg

No. Get a PS3 or 360 and a Wii, then you're set. Pretty much all games are multiplatform now except for first party stuff, so it doesn't make sense getting all 3.

1) Are there enough games exclusive to other consoles to warrant the purchase of a new console?

2) Do you have the time to play these other games on top of the games you'd be buying for your current system?

3) Do you have the cash to buy these other consoles?

These are the questions I ask myself when I think about buying other consoles and it mainly comes down to the Time question. One system is more than enough for me.

Man your jumping aboard so very late. That's like upgrading to cable internet 4 years after dialup has been the latter. Regardless I most definitely wouldn't get all three. Pick a system see how you like it. Generally without kids to get all the exclusives that are great games you'll need both a 360 and Ps3 although I don't typically ever play my wii. With the addition of the PS3's and 360's motion additions they are extending the life cycles of the consoles. I say at least another 3-4 years until another console is even announced to come out.

[quote name='BigSexy7947']Man your jumping aboard so very late. That's like upgrading to cable internet 4 years after dialup has been the latter. Regardless I most definitely wouldn't get all three. Pick a system see how you like it. Generally without kids to get all the exclusives that are great games you'll need both a 360 and Ps3 although I don't typically ever play my wii. With the addition of the PS3's and 360's motion additions they are extending the life cycles of the consoles. I say at least another 3-4 years until another console is even announced to come out.[/QUOTE]
Well excuse me for not having money. :)

This generation was weird for me as I moved just a little before the 360 was released. Parents divorced so I really have been lagging in gaming for a WHILE-the longest I ever had. I never thought I could go an entire year without video games, but somehow I did. I recently got a good paying job so now I can actually afford it (note that hs and my age really prevented me from getting a job...its really hard here in St. Louis). I know its late, and something tells me that I should hold off, but dammit I held off long enough!

I think it's harder for me to make a decision simply because of the fact that soooo much in this generation has changed. Before it was 360 all the way, but now SONY has improved their library sooo much. I don't expect anyone to make a decision for me, its just so hard this late in the game *pun not intended* to make a decision. I used to get the new consoles within 6 months of their release when there is so much hope/potential for the consoles. Boy do I remember the SPACEWORLD 2000 Zelda demo...

Anyways, I'm afraid that either of the consoles will end up like the original Xbox....they just...cut the life off the console as soon as the next is available.

bread's done
Back