Should I get an SP to accompany my cube?

Tacit37

CAG Veteran
Hi... I am playing Wind Waker right now, and don't have a "tingle tuner" -- Is it worth getting an SP for this game and future games? I'm also going to start playing Crystal Chronicles, but then my friends have GBAs, so it won't be a big problem for that.

What do you think? I can afford it, but don't know if I should splurge if it's not too central for Gamecube experience.

Is it worth getting just for the Gamecube connectivity? No.
Is it worth getting for the awesome titles like the Castlevanias, Metroids, Super Mario Advances, and Zelda? Yes.

Well I've never used one with my cube. It looks as if the extension cord is really short, meaning you'd have to sit up right next to the tv. If you are interested in getting a Sp, shoot me a pm. I've been wanting to sell mine.

I have both and the cable, and I tell you, I rarely connect them. I didn't get much use out of the Tingle tuner, and I just used it to check out the little GBA island in Animal Crossing, but that's it.

Get the GBA for the games. It rocks.

I've used it for the black suit in metroid prime, the tingle tuner, and pacman vs.

I also got crystal chronicles, but haven't played it yet.

It's not worth it JUST for the connectivity though. But the games are well worth the $100, as others said.

Honestly, like everyone else has said...it is nice to have for connectivity...but to get it just for that it is worthless. Get the system for the great games! If handheld is not your thing, then get a GBP for your GCN. Yeah it won't help you with connectivity, but you can still play those great games on your cube.

Connectivity...not sufficient to get a system

Games...more than enough of a reason to own one.

Hmm... Thanks for the help. I guess I will think about it then. I got a great deal, so it's hard to pass. 79.99 and a free game.

[quote name='Tacit37']Hmm... Thanks for the help. I guess I will think about it then. I got a great deal, so it's hard to pass. 79.99 and a free game.[/quote]

Where's that deal? Sounds Good.

Pac-Man Vs. is a great game that requires GCN-GBA connectivity. Although I'm not sure that game alone is worthy of a GBA purchase. However, Zelda 4 Swords is coming out, and the GBA version of that game was terrific. But in order to enjoy that, you'll need to find at least one other person with a GBA and link cable.

Oops sorry... I haven't been here in a while at this particular part of the forum. Ahh... It was posted here before ( I think )... Microcenter had a deal $79.99 and free Spyro game. If you pricematch, there is a high chance of getting any game you want. Also some people reported Microcenter running out of Spyro and allowing substitutes.

bread's done
Back