Should I get my Wii Replaced

stevez0r

CAGiversary!
I purchased my Wii on April 26, and it's frozen on my twice. It happen while I was playing Wii sports and it happen at the same time in the game. Meaning that I was going up to bat. I heard the drive spinning out of control. Should I get replaced or was it the Wii sports disk?

If you've been playing other games other than Wii Sports, I'm leaning towards a bad disc (which you could have them replace).

This is almost the same problem I had.

It hasn't frozen up though... but does the drive spin so fast that it sometimes literally SHAKES the Wii around a lot? Mine started with the fast spin, then it got the shakes really bad a few weeks later but it was fine with GC games. The guy at tech told me that wasn't normal and I should send it in to have it fixed.

They sent back a whole new core system that works fine.

I'd exchange it if you could at the store you got it from...but if I had to send it into Nintendo I wouldnt bother unless it gets really bad.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']This is almost the same problem I had.

It hasn't frozen up though... but does the drive spin so fast that it sometimes literally SHAKES the Wii around a lot? Mine started with the fast spin, then it got the shakes really bad a few weeks later but it was fine with GC games. The guy at tech told me that wasn't normal and I should send it in to have it fixed.

They sent back a whole new core system that works fine.[/quote]

No, the fast spin doesn't shake the Wii.

[quote name='Spades22']I'd exchange it if you could at the store you got it from...but if I had to send it into Nintendo I wouldnt bother unless it gets really bad.[/quote]

That's what I say, but the only problem is that I got the Wii from Gamestop. And that was out of luck, I go every other day to see if any Wii came in, but no luck.

[quote name='stevez0r']

That's what I say, but the only problem is that I got the Wii from Gamestop. And that was out of luck, I go every other day to see if any Wii came in, but no luck.[/quote]
Maybe you can tell em that the Wii keeps freezing on you and they might give you an exchange credit note or something, so when they DO get Wii's in you can just grab a new one with that receipt...I dunno xD

bread's done
Back