Should I hang on to 60gb PS3?

Evilbeaver

CAGiversary!
I was hoping to get a slim ps3 soon, and I was wondering if I should sell it or hold on to it (for the sake of its potential market value later on).

[quote name='Evilbeaver']I was hoping to get a slim ps3 soon, and I was wondering if I should sell it or hold on to it (for the sake of its potential market value later on).[/QUOTE]

I have mine and it works perfectly. It is now about 6 years old so just remember to keep it clean, apply new thermal paste and you should be good to go!

[quote name='Komentra']I would definitely keep it for the PS2 backwards compatibility however I'd upgrade the HDD.[/QUOTE]

I have already upgraded the HDD.

Thing is, I am hoping to get a super slim this Black Friday for the sake of less power consumption. Given my habits of accidentally leaving on game consoles for 24+ hours, I figure it may pay off in the long run.

Also, I am trying to get a consensus if this model's second hand value has the potential of going up in the future. If yes, then I will probably store it away so I stop wearing it down any further. If not, then I would rather sell it (yes, I know that sounds like blasphemy to some) since I would rather use my PS2 slim for, again, power consumption purposes.

All in all, thanks for the advice so far!

Sell it off, a lot of PS2 games have been re-released at this point which I would think would lessen the amount of people looking for a PS3 with BC.

Sometimes I lay awake at night, staring at my ceiling and wonder if the person I sold my phat 60 to is treating it right. I hold myself tightly and eventually fall asleep.

Eh, either or. I still have a bunch of PS2 games, but I touch them and my old PS2 about twice a year.

[quote name='Evilbeaver']I was hoping to get a slim ps3 soon, and I was wondering if I should sell it or hold on to it (for the sake of its potential market value later on).[/QUOTE]

Why get a Slim if its working properly? just buy new 1tb HDD only $100 or can get 500gb for like $50 or decent size SSD which are little more expensive but faster loading when installed games on it.

I recently bought a Super Slim as an insurance policy for my old 60gb fat system. It's making weird noises, so I'll probably send it back and stick with my old faithful.

bread's done
Back