Should I Have Bought MvC 2?

chimpster1313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Here's the deal. I was at Gamestop today, and I saw MvC 2 for the PS2 for $80. I don't care if it's rare, that's fucking insane. However, I get paid this Friday, and I know the game won't still be there, but I had $98 today and still had shit to do, and I really don't think I'd make my money back if I dropped 4 Jackson's at GS for this game. Was I wise to pass it up? I like to think that I was, I just want confirmation.

well, apparently it's a big hit with some people on this site. personally, i don't think any game that's just a game is worth that, PERIOD.

If you really want to play Marvel Vs Capcom 2, you can prolly get a Dreamcast and a copy of it for that much. It's usually regarded as the superior version, and usually is much cheaper than the PS2 one.

[quote name='feelingfree']just get tekken tag intead... basically same game but w/3d graphics and cheaper price. also, its more popular at tournmanets.[/quote]

Tekken Tag is like my FAVORITE fucking fighter for PS2.

[quote name='feelingfree']just get tekken tag intead... basically same game but w/3d graphics and cheaper price. also, its more popular at tournmanets.[/quote]
Were you smoking crack when you discovered that comparison? OP, it is nothing like tekken tag. It is made by Capcom, therefore it is like your traditional Capcom fighting games, like Street Fighter and the such. Considered one of the best fighting games, if not the best, by many.

Oh...oh god no....

I don't even feel the need to argue against that, it's so wrong. I'm right by merely disagreeing.

I don't think it's worth it. For playing purposes, the Dreamcast one is the best. The PS2 one is pretty bad graphics wise when I played it. Even the Xbox one isn't as good. For selling purposes, probably not worth it either. I dunno. I sold my Xbox one last year for 60$.

Ya, buying used from EB is not a good idea unless it is a game you realy want. If you don't know if you will like the gameplay of a game there is always a better way to find out than to spend $80 on it!!

you should had bought it when the ps2 25% coupon was around + edge 10% i got mine for $56 total after discounts. The clerk freaked out when he saw that game he knew was rare for that cheap and literally gave me props for getting it at a bargain.

Like others have said, you may want to try your luck at getting a DC and a copy of the game which is a better version and possibly cheaper (if you play your cards right you can get MVC2 and a DC for less than that price). GS knows people will pay that amount and thats why its so expensive. They are artificially inflating the price and its whack. To not be guaranteed a pristine copy (box, manual, game scratch free) is not worth that much.

I got my copy of MvC2 with a Dreamcast, MvC1, Powerstone, Silent Scope, D2, and about 15 other games for $20. Check on Ebay for DC systems with games that don't list the game titles in the auction title, you can find some sweet deals there!!

[quote name='PhreQuencYViii']I don't think it's worth it.[/quote]

Bullseye, at least my take on it. I honestly don't see how one could sell a game for so high - wouldn't there be a bigger market for rarer games?!

Also, as others mentioned the DC version is the superior version...which is why I don't understand why the ps2 and xbox versions are gaped over.

[quote name='infinitepez']If you really want to play Marvel Vs Capcom 2, you can prolly get a Dreamcast and a copy of it for that much. It's usually regarded as the superior version, and usually is much cheaper than the PS2 one.[/QUOTE]Do this. I have the Dreamcast version, and I thought it was pricey at $25. It is the best version, too. As far as age of the game goes, its a 2D Capcom fighter... how old it is doesn't matter.

This is a very fun game, that's enjoyable both by people who are really into 2D fighters, and people who aren't. If you do get a Dreamcast, there are *ton* of other fighting games which are well worth playing (Mark of the Wolves, Power Strike, SoulCalibur, SF3, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, etc; lesser known ones like Tech Romancer, etc). Get an arcade stick and it will be even better.

tl;dr: great game, but $80, especially at EB, is too much.

I found a copy for $80 during the 25% off coupon but I passed. No matter how I look at it, anything over $50 for this game is ridiculous. And $50 is being very generous.

You can probably get MVC2 Dreamcast, A dreamcast system, and two arcade sticks at that price and it would be a million times better like that

Agreed. Go get a good used copy and a used DC (if you don't have one) for like $65 total on the bay or something. It's the best version of the game hands down. I also think it's harder to find now since most GS or EB stores don't sell DC stuff anymore. I have a mint original copy I got back in the day, and have a hard time parting with it. I still play it on occasion.

The only reason I stll have my DC in position to play at anytime is for MvC2. I it way back in the day from my friend for my $8. I say you could try to find it cheaper if you really wanted to find it, ebay, maybe get lucky and find it at a yard sale, etc.

bread's done
Back