Should I sell my Genesis and Sega CD as a set or should split them up?

Killerlampshade

CAGiversary!
Picture:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8976/dscn1606k.jpg

I'm thinking about selling my extra Sega CD and Genesis, but I can't decide whether to split them up or keep them as a set. The price range on these things eBay is ridiculous, anywhere from $30 to $100, with most of the value presumably being in the Sega CD. There are a ton of Genesis systems, but the Sega CDs are much less common. By selling them separate I'm afraid the Genesis may never sell, but selling them as a set I may drive away people who just want the Sega CD. I also don't have an RF switch or set of AV cables to with it, so that will hurt the price.

So should I split them up? Regardless if I do or not, how much do you think this is worth?

From my experience form buying them, here's how much I paid from ebay before shipping and handling.

Genesis V2 complete with box and Sonic 2 for 25 bucks. Recently, I picked up a Sega CD with a Genesis V2 complete with box and all hookups with 7 games, 45 bucks. I must have gotten lucky with my bids since I have seen Sega CDs alone with hookups sell for 30-40.

I'm thinking you can get more separately

Alot of people probably still have an old genesis around, or can get one cheaply, and would prefer to just get the CD, which is probably why it gets a decent value alone. Then again, the newer Genesis models aren't compatible with it, so some may want the bundle. Regardless, I'd say to put it on Craigslist first at the high end of what you want for it and haggle from there. You don't want to eBay it and take the chance it sells for a song, plus you're out the listing fees.

bread's done
Back