Should I sell my PS3? How much for?

baz8771

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I just recently moved in to an apartment with a couple of buddies. They brought an xbox and a ton of games, so I loaded up my live account, and we don't ever play the ps3.

There's not a whole lot that I am looking forward to from the PS3 and there should be a new generation announced in the next year or two. So Should I sell it, or is there something big coming up I should know about. It just seems like all of the consoles are more or less floundering right now.

I have:

Slim 120GB console
1 Dual Shock 3
HDMI Cable
Power Cable
NHL 10
NHL 11
MLB 09 The Show
FIFA 11
Killzone 3 Hellghast Edition
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Folklore
The Club
DJ Hero
Guitar Hero (The newest one, with guitar)
Mirror's Edge
Fallout New Vegas

Think I could get 400?

[quote name='baz8771']I just recently moved in to an apartment with a couple of buddies. They brought an xbox and a ton of games, so I loaded up my live account, and we don't ever play the ps3.

There's not a whole lot that I am looking forward to from the PS3 and there should be a new generation announced in the next year or two. So Should I sell it, or is there something big coming up I should know about. It just seems like all of the consoles are more or less floundering right now.

I have:

Slim 120GB console
1 Dual Shock 3
HDMI Cable
Power Cable
NHL 10
NHL 11
MLB 09 The Show
FIFA 11
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Folklore
The Club
DJ Hero
Mirror's Edge
Fallout New Vegas

Think I could get 400?[/QUOTE]

Sorry but no way in hell you would get that much on craigs where I live.
I would trade in the newer games at Best Buy with the 40% preorder bump.

and then with what is left consider the system at maybe $140 plus $5 for each of the remaining games (then maybe ad $20-$30) to allow an offer for less to be in line (it's craigs ya know...)
Good Luck!

There is no way you'd be able to squeeze out $400 from that, let alone $300. Sports games always act as fillers in big lots like that. Most of your games can be found for cheap. In fact, all but Killzone 3, FIFA 11, and NHL 11, all of your games can be bought for under $20. One controller isn't doing any favors either.

With that being said, I think you could get around $200 for everything. I'd just keep it, simply for the fact that Uncharted 3 comes out in November.

If you're basing it on the fact that we'll see a new gen announcement soon, I wouldn't sell it. If I recall, both MS and Sony have said they have no intentions of rushing things.

[quote name='baz8771']I just recently moved in to an apartment with a couple of buddies. They brought an xbox and a ton of games, so I loaded up my live account, and we don't ever play the ps3.

I have:

Slim 120GB console
1 Dual Shock 3
HDMI Cable
Power Cable
NHL 10
NHL 11
MLB 09 The Show
FIFA 11
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Folklore
The Club
DJ Hero
Mirror's Edge
Fallout New Vegas

Think I could get 400?[/QUOTE]Not to sound mean, but by the look of your list, there are MANY great games you are missing out on. I should have showed you great PS3 games while I was at a funeral in your city a month ago (my relatives are from the area). ;)

Anyway, like some said, I'd try selling/trading games elsewhere, then get rid of the PS3 by itself or with a game or two. Most rather just pick their own games instead of taking a massive bundle.

If you posted that on the Craigslist in my area, you'd be lucky to get $250 and that would be after about fifty lowball offers of $150 or less.

Well I posted it up at 350 on CL and have gotten 2 offers of 250 already, so I'm hoping that there's somebody who's really into music and old sports games :p. I essentially got the PS3 for free, because I did that price match to gohastings last winter for 200 bucks at walmart and then sold my phat for 200 to a coworker. I just would rather not sell it for 250. I think I'll hold out.

[quote name='baz8771']Well I posted it up at 350 on CL and have gotten 2 offers of 250 already, so I'm hoping that there's somebody who's really into music and old sports games :p. I essentially got the PS3 for free, because I did that price match to gohastings last winter for 200 bucks at walmart and then sold my phat for 200 to a coworker. I just would rather not sell it for 250. I think I'll hold out.[/QUOTE]

You mean you upgraded your PS3 for free, but you still paid for the original one. Unless it was a gift.

$350 is wishful thinking, if there are dumbasses on Craigslist willing to overpay for things hopefully you're lucky enough to find them because I never have.

It's not really worth your time at this point to sell it, since the price of these have really dwindled down since the official price drop a couple months back. The only time you may want to wait for is towards the holiday a little, you may get some people who are a bit cheaper trying to pick up a bundle, but we'd be talking maybe a $50 increase to the bundle, but not a whole lot more.

Personally I'd just keep it.

[quote name='baz8771']Well I posted it up at 350 on CL and have gotten 2 offers of 250 already, so I'm hoping that there's somebody who's really into music and old sports games :p. I essentially got the PS3 for free, because I did that price match to gohastings last winter for 200 bucks at walmart and then sold my phat for 200 to a coworker. I just would rather not sell it for 250. I think I'll hold out.[/QUOTE]

damn, I'd counter both at $275 and call it a day!
and be thrilled!

bread's done
Back