Should I sell my PSP?

hhhdx4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I have a launch PSP (haven't upgraded the firmware so its 1.5) and have no interest in playing home brew games, but my friend is looking to buy it, so I was wondering if there were any differences (besides firmware) between launch PSP's and now.

I also have these weird screen bubbles, but I assume those would be universal, correct?

id sell it. There isnt too much down the road for the psp, a metal gear game that will likely flop, and a final fantasy game. Oh, and a gran turismo game that will most likely be delayed for another 2 years.

Those screen bubbles arent universal. Are you using a screen protector?

[quote name='muffinman943']id sell it. There isnt too much down the road for the psp, a metal gear game that will likely flop, and a final fantasy game. Oh, and a gran turismo game that will most likely be delayed for another 2 years.

Those screen bubbles arent universal. Are you using a screen protector?[/QUOTE]

:shame:

And besides updated firmware I think launch PSP's and current PSP's are the same to answer your question OP.

And the bubbles are at least somewhat universal. My first PSP had them.

Well the way you sound says: Something's wrong with my PSP and it's bothering me. If the firmware is low, E-Bay it and get a new one.

Also, considering how "meh" Killzone was and how much a flop Loco Roco was saleswise, I wouldn't assume anything about any franchise on the PSP save GTA.

"Well the way you sound says: Something's wrong with my PSP and it's bothering me. If the firmware is low, E-Bay it and get a new one."

Im more interested in updated Hardware actually if there is any.

[quote name='muffinman943']id sell it. There isnt too much down the road for the psp, a metal gear game that will likely flop, and a final fantasy game. Oh, and a gran turismo game that will most likely be delayed for another 2 years.

Those screen bubbles arent universal. Are you using a screen protector?[/QUOTE]There are many great games coming in the future like: Gurumin, Valhalla Knights, Ratchet & Clank Size Matters, Jeanne d’Arc, Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, Silent Hill Origins, Traxion, etc. The PSP is an awesome handheld and definitely worth owning. I own 33 games for it and there's still 50+ more great games I want.

I always keep my firmware upgraded to play the best games. IMO, 90% of the good PSP games cannot play on 1.5, which is why anyone who keeps their PSP at 1.5 shouldn't even bother owning one in the first place.
[quote name='furyk']Also, considering how "meh" Killzone was and how much a flop Loco Roco was saleswise, I wouldn't assume anything about any franchise on the PSP save GTA.[/QUOTE]Killzone is awesome and so is Loco Roco. It actually didn't do too bad in Japan and Europe (over 100k sold). Just too many stupid people refuse to upgrade their firmware, when they should.

Killzone is a very entertaining game......I haven't let one person play it who didn't think it was fantastic. I cannot wait for the online content to become available.....I hope they make more single-player missions available for download along with the infrastructure multi play.

Anyway, I update my firmware too. I don't want to risk bricking my PSP just to fiddle around with emulating NES games.

I have a DS-X to emulate on my DS and it works just fine. That's my homebrew system.

While I'm not sure I'd go as far to say that there are 80 games on the PSP I want to play, I definitely think it's worth owning. I just got mine, and there are at least 10-15 titles that I think are worthwhile.

-Killzone
-Hot Shots Golf
-SOCOM
-Sonic Rivals
-Ace Combat X
-Darkstalkers (I'm a fan, so I'm biased)
-Lumines I & II
-LocoRoco
-Medal of Honor
-Wipeout Pure (I'm also a big wipeout nut)
-MGS: PO (out in like 10 days, so I can put it on this list)
-VP: Lenneth

The PSP *needs* a MMORPG, in my opinion. I'm not necessarily asking for WoW, but something that we can really get into. It certainly has the capability from a hardware standpoint.

And I'm not talking about yet another Maple Story port (although I like MS), I mean a full-3D, real-deal made-for-PSP MMORPG.

That'd be a system-seller, IMO. Base it on the Elder Scrolls franchise or something, people would buy it in droves.

[quote name='WanganRunner']Killzone is a very entertaining game......I haven't let one person play it who didn't think it was fantastic. I cannot wait for the online content to become available.....I hope they make more single-player missions available for download along with the infrastructure multi play.

Anyway, I update my firmware too. I don't want to risk bricking my PSP just to fiddle around with emulating NES games.

I have a DS-X to emulate on my DS and it works just fine. That's my homebrew system.

While I'm not sure I'd go as far to say that there are 80 games on the PSP I want to play, I definitely think it's worth owning. I just got mine, and there are at least 10-15 titles that I think are worthwhile.

-Killzone
-Hot Shots Golf
-SOCOM
-Sonic Rivals
-Ace Combat X
-Darkstalkers (I'm a fan, so I'm biased)
-Lumines I & II
-LocoRoco
-Medal of Honor
-Wipeout Pure (I'm also a big wipeout nut)
-MGS: PO (out in like 10 days, so I can put it on this list)
-VP: Lenneth

The PSP *needs* a MMORPG, in my opinion. I'm not necessarily asking for WoW, but something that we can really get into. It certainly has the capability from a hardware standpoint.

And I'm not talking about yet another Maple Story port (although I like MS), I mean a full-3D, real-deal made-for-PSP MMORPG.

That'd be a system-seller, IMO. Base it on the Elder Scrolls franchise or something, people would buy it in droves.[/QUOTE]I definitely agree with many of the games you listed, and I could definitely think of more.

I agree, a MMORPG designed specifically for PSP would be a great system seller. Playing a MMORPG on the go would be a fantastic idea. Sony Online Entertainment should make one instead of some other stuff they do for PSP (like a certain game called Cash Guns Chaos or whatever it's called).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Killzone is awesome and so is Loco Roco. It actually didn't do too bad in Japan and Europe (over 100k sold). Just too many stupid people refuse to upgrade their firmware, when they should.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, I only played the Killzone demo. The aiming system really bothered me. Did it get fixed for the real game?

It's good to hear that Loco Roco had a little bit of success in Japan and Europe. It's a solid game that's cute and cuddly and warm and fuzzy. I seriously doubt that people not upgrading the firmware is the number 1 cause of people not buying PSP games. PSPs are the #1 reason people aren't buying PSPs.

Anywho, I seriously doubt there'll be a redesign of the PSP in 07. Sony's efforts seem to be focused squarely on Blu-Ray/PS3 for the next year or so at least.

bread's done
Back