Should I sell my used Chrono Trigger?

Mr. Beef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
A few months back, I managed to pick up a copy of Chrono Trigger on the cheap. After months of the game just sitting around, I was wondering if it was worth it to sell it. I don't own a SNES anymore, and I have the PS1 version of CT, so I can satisfy my time-traveling needs when I want.

I only ask because the prices on ebay don't make it seem like selling it is worth it. It's still in good condition, but it lacks a box and a manual. Should I go through with it, or am I potentially wasting my time?

You should sell it to me so I can throw it in the garbage and really piss off the peeps in the "don't throw away garbage" thread. :)

[quote name='javeryh']You should sell it to me so I can throw it in the garbage and really piss off the peeps in the "don't throw away garbage" thread. :)[/quote]

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Agreed. Chrono Trigger ain't rare like eBayers make it out to be. It's only sold at high prices because people end up jacking the prices up high in auctions.

I assume that selling it on CAG is indeed the "right thing to do," but not because so many people might want it here. ;)

In either case, I probably will sell it here. I have some other things, so once I make a list, then I'll put it up and hope that it looks interesting and eye-catching.

Give it a playthrough first. It shouldn't take you more than 12-15 hours to finish, and another 5-10 to get all the endings and side stuff. It really is a short game, but excellent.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I assume that selling it on CAG is indeed the "right thing to do," but not because so many people might want it here. ;)

In either case, I probably will sell it here. I have some other things, so once I make a list, then I'll put it up and hope that it looks interesting and eye-catching.[/quote]

I hate to play the devil's advocate but sometimes you sell things to CAGers cheap and then a couple weeks later they list it on ebay for a nice profit.;)

Anyhow my suggestion would be to either ebay it or trade it off for some nice new shiny game you've always wanted (or a rare ps1 RPG).

[quote name='jer7583']Give it a playthrough first. It shouldn't take you more than 12-15 hours to finish, and another 5-10 to get all the endings and side stuff. It really is a short game, but excellent.[/quote]Oh I've already beaten it several times, so I know how excellent it is.

i don't know.. i would keep it.. just as a reminder of how great games used to be ..

if i were going to sell it i'd take a resonable price (i would say 20-35 is pretty reasonable considering the demand/awesomeness of it) but i'd try to sell to a cag first..

I probably will end up selling it to a CAG first, but I want to sift through all of the crap I have. I just found a bunch of old snes games (some decent, others not worth mentioning), and I wanna try to get a moderately-sized list going before I do anything here.

I'd sell it. You've played it to death, you no longer have a SNES, and $30 can do a lot more for you than a plastic cart sitting on your shelf.

Don't sell the game. It is extremly of high value. I have my copy and thought of selling when I know I could get and easy $60 for it from somebody. I doubth anybody here wants to pay such a price being CAG and all.

While yes we have found many other games that is greater in Chrono creative aspects and gameplay do not sell this game.

Think about when it was $90 at Funcoland uptil those rotten Sqaure bastards released the game for PSX for the people dancing " I have FF7 and you don't " when we said hey "Got Chrono Trigger".

We all know that FF7 could have been on the SNES. He who would not pay $100 for a FF7 release on SNES cast the first stone.

whoa.. dude ^ calm down

i would sell the game if you have absolutely no use for it.. its value will only diminish when it gets released on the virtual console.. i'd sell it now if you were going to sell it.. like the guy above you said.. it was commanding a lot more before the PSX rerelease.. so i would do it now

its value will only diminish when it gets released on the virtual console

That is a complete lie. What they sell youi is rom data that you can download for free. I think I have most if not all SNES along with some other systems all backuped somewhere else.

NIntendo also did this move with the iQue mini N64 system released in china to battle downlaoders.

What you have is the real product rather then a piece of plastic or data stored in electronic form. Unless your like Hoggle and prefer plastic over sliver then by all means sell it but get rid of it for the highest you can get for it.

[quote name='Loyaltist Shinra']That is a complete lie. What they sell youi is rom data that you can download for free. I think I have most if not all SNES along with some other systems all backuped somewhere else.

NIntendo also did this move with the iQue mini N64 system released in china to battle downlaoders.

What you have is the real product rather then a piece of plastic or data stored in electronic form. Unless your like Hoggle and prefer plastic over sliver then by all means sell it but get rid of it for the highest you can get for it.[/quote]loyaltist shinra, i don't understand half the stuff you say in your posts. a real product rather than a piece of plastic? the real product IS a piece of plastic. and what is "loyaltist" anyway?

[quote name='Loyaltist Shinra']Don't sell the game. It is extremly of high value. I have my copy and thought of selling when I know I could get and easy $60 for it from somebody. I doubth anybody here wants to pay such a price being CAG and all.

While yes we have found many other games that is greater in Chrono creative aspects and gameplay do not sell this game.

Think about when it was $90 at Funcoland uptil those rotten Sqaure bastards released the game for PSX for the people dancing " I have FF7 and you don't " when we said hey "Got Chrono Trigger".

We all know that FF7 could have been on the SNES. He who would not pay $100 for a FF7 release on SNES cast the first stone.[/quote]
Holy fuck, I think we have a nut job here. Again, the only reason it sells high on eBay is because people assume that it's rare and because it's Chrono Trigger, it has to sell high. In reality, it's NOT rare. You can pull up a good amount of auctions for the game easily.

As for this business about FFVII could have been an SNES game...no it couldn't. Hence why Square went for Sony. Cartridges limit A LOT of space. FFVII was on 3 CDs as is. Definately not enough room for an SNES cart.

Wait, why are we even discussing this? In the two posts you made, you've made absolutely no sense. o_O

Yes, Nintendo is selling ROM data. And? That's THEIR property that they have every right to sell. YOU do not have the right to download it for free. Just because you can get it for free doesn't make it right.

Why would you keep it if you don't even have a SNES (and thus can't play it)? Unless you're a collector trying to get one of every game or something, definitely sell it.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I hate to play the devil's advocate but sometimes you sell things to CAGers cheap and then a couple weeks later they list it on ebay for a nice profit.;)[/QUOTE]
This is true. Sell it on eBay or trade/sell with a CAG who you know is looking to collect and has no interest in flipping merchandise for easy cash. I'd sell it on eBay. Besides, in my experience eBay is a very fair marketplace (outside of S&H bullshit).

bread's done
Back