Should I sell or return

bluehalls

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I just wanted to get a couple of other people's opinion.

I have a sealed copy of yggdra union for GBA, payed $30 for. in hopes the value of the game would go up over time, and i'd be able to e-bay it for some extra.

But i dunno know if it will. I have a week before my in store return expires for my money back.

any thoughts?

thanks

I'd return it. I have never payed that much for a GBA game. But you should not have bought it at $30 hoping for an increase in value. I can't even think of a GBA game that has increased in value.

[quote name='doodle777_98']I'd return it. I have never payed that much for a GBA game. But you should not have bought it at $30 hoping for an increase in value. I can't even think of a GBA game that has increased in value.[/QUOTE]
Sealed ones like Tactics Ogre and Zelda Minnish Cap are going for well above retail on Ebay.

Hm, 2 games. Any others? I understand Tactics ogre and zelda. But any other newer release seems unlucky to ever go up. Especially since the GBA has tons of games most not worth anything. You have a better shot with RPGs thats for sure but still I'd never pay $30 for a GBA game.

[quote name='doodle777_98']Hm, 2 games. Any others? I understand Tactics ogre and zelda. But any other newer release seems unlucky to ever go up. Especially since the GBA has tons of games most not worth anything. You have a better shot with RPGs thats for sure but still I'd never pay $30 for a GBA game.[/QUOTE]

I could list off every game but I just don't feel like doing the leg work. Fact remains there are plenty of games that, sealed or open, actually go for a surprising amount of money on Ebay because by and large GBA games don't get endlessly reprinted and therefore the supply of them is considerably lower.

I'm guessing mostly RPGs? and actually a couple of the nes classics were worth more for a while I'm not sure anymore.

Also I think I bought a copy of the game at Gamecrazy after it dropped to like 7.99 or something.

let say it cost about $40 for a new copy on ebay in a year. Might as well spend $30 on something you want.

[quote name='mtxbass1']"Investing" in videogames is a bad idea. I would return it.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='62t']let say it cost about $40 for a new copy on ebay in a year. Might as well spend $30 on something you want.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, if you plan on wanting to play it at some point in the future, keep it, otherwise you'd be better off just returning it cause there's no guarantee it'll raise in value at all.

Well Yggdra is a badass game. But at $30....it might only be worth $50 in 4 years from now + inflation & "ebay" fee's = fudge it, get yer money back and become a drug dealer.

Usually these games take several years to get a nice value built up, and its very unpredictable. I'm keeping a sealed Persona 3 & guide for now...hoping to trade for, or get a cheap used copy soon.

bread's done
Back