Should I trade in my old 360 to Gamestop or sell it on ebay?

variablesunknown

CAGiversary!
Could someone give me the current trade in value of a pro system with the 20gig hard drive, wireless controller, and a VGA cable in a addition to the stock component ones? I know that ebay normally gets you more cash but how much more.

Fellow CAGs what are your opinions about my choices?

P.S. I know about the Cag EB trade-in Wiki but those prices are from back in 07'

Gamestop Trade-In values with promotions

$110 for system with wireless controller
$16.50 for 20 gb hdd with Edge Card
VGA cables (probably a buck or two)

Advice:

Sell system by itself to gamestop. (so you don't have to ship the system, probably won't get much on ebay for it since it is an older system)
Sell HDD and VGA cables on ebay. (definately get more then $17 on ebay for the harddrive)

Gotta agree with splitting it. The $110 in credit (after promo) from GS isn't great, but just think about the current prices for the systems. Why is someone going to give you much more than $110, when they can buy a brand new arcade for $200? After considering shipping and fees, eBay probably won't net you much more. You could always try Craigslist, though. Someone on there might be willing to pay a decent amount for the whole package.

I know that Ebay will net me more dough in the long term but I just don't know if it is worth if this time. The 360 I am selling has broke 3 times and been repaired now. The last time (right after GTA4 came out) I just sent it in and went out and bought a $300 pro (I already had a 120g HD since my original got so corrupted it threatened to lose all of my gamesaves :cry:).

I know that it is ridiculous to buy two systems in one generation but I just play the crap out of my 360! I don't really feel ripped off because I get so much great playtime with so many good games. My PS3 is a tank (launch 60g, so glad I got one, didn't know they would become such a hot commodity) that I love as well I just don't have as much history with it yet (the games are slowly getting better).

So I am thinking about taking the whole shebang down to the old Game$top and putting up with the tools they have working there. I sold my PS2 and Xbox as bundles with games etc. on ebay the last time and Nigerian scam artists took to them like flys to crap, what a pain.

Hopefully with the credit I get I can pick up Fallout and Little Big Planet (the beta is freakin' incredible!).

eBay is better in the long run. You make more money and you can actually spend it on whatever you want or may need. Whereas with GameStop, you'll get less than what your console may be worth (even if it has RRoD', I would assume it still works, no?) and only give you enough for what they believe it's worth. Top it all off that it's in credit, so it's just gonna end right back in the company's pockets again.

Doesn't help that they'll just end up selling the console and hard drive separately and make some poor schmuck pay more for the two than what they would give you.

Sounds like a POS xbox if it has broken 3 times. Give it to gamestop so the person who inherits your machine can atleast get a warranty. Isnt GS supposed to check over systems and send them into MS if they have problems?

If you do make an ebay add, dont forget to mention that its a problematic unit.

[quote name='Lice']Isnt GS supposed to check over systems and send them into MS if they have problems?[/quote]
They don't. As long as it powers up and the disc tray can open and close, that's the most checking that's gonna occur.

[quote name='Tsukento']They don't. As long as it powers up and the disc tray can open and close, that's the most checking that's gonna occur.[/quote]

YMMV. My local stores are fairly "thorough" when it comes to checking systems. They power it on, pop in a game, and play around for a few minutes. Obviously, unless something is seriously wrong with it, like it being dead, they aren't going to notice. But still, I know I had a system that would play for a minute and then die. That won't slip by some stores.

Well I sold my old system to gamestop along with 2 20g hard drives and two 360 games. Utilized the extra $20 on the system and the extra $10 on the games and with my edge card came out with $154. Used that to pre-order Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 with almost $25 left over.

I feel like I got a good deal and used Gamestop's bonuses to their fullest advantage. The clerks were actually really nice and I had a satisfying gaming related conversation while they were ringing me up. They didn't even ask us to pre-order anything, even when my wife was going on about whether or not to publish her Little Big Planet level before the beta closes.

As a general rule, systems are too heavy to ship on ebay without massive costs. Gamestop for console and 20gb hd on ebay.

Good choice on preordering Fallout 3

bread's done
Back