Should I trade my fat Ps2 with the slim one?

[quote name='cdeener']There are too many problems with the Slim one's so I would just stick to the fat one.[/QUOTE]

i do power sessions of growlanser on mine (2-8 hours of it being left on) and mine hasnt frozen, skipped, or caught fire yet (and this is almost 40 hours in)....i mean, maybe when i hit a magic point on my ps2...like 100 hours played or something...it will burn up....but i doubt it

seems to be random incidents and not a wide-spread DRE-like problem

like said before, if your old one is working fine, just keep it

[quote name='cdeener']There are too many problems with the Slim one's so I would just stick to the fat one.[/QUOTE]

Besides the heating that some people report (and have yet to say has effected game play) excatly what are the "too many problems" you're claiming the system to have? Honestly if you;re going to make statments like that back them up or don't offer them at all.

I say trade it! I got my slim PS2 around Christmas and I absolutely love it. Not a single problem so far and I can finally play Ico (my fattie didn't read blue-bottomed discs)... It is the coolest...

I'm on my 4th PS2... system...

Fattie or Slim, they will have problems cause for 1 it is sony...
I currently have a slim, But IMO I would rather have a Fattie cause: 1. FAN & 2. opt HARDDRIVE for FF online...

[quote name='Alpha2']If your old one works you have no need for the new one.[/QUOTE]

I agree... Still have my ver 7, and it reads everything perfectly.

I will keep my first generation PS2. I had sony replace the drive last year to fix the blue disc read error problem at no cost to me. Also I already have my oldie pimped out with a multitap, harddrive, horizontal stand, and those usb and firewire covers that came out a long time ago. Oh speaking of that it has the firewire connection in case I ever want to play head to head on Gran Turismo 3. So yeah I say keep the old ones you get more stuff on it for no money out of pocket.

I still have my original fat PS2 (don't remember its model no.). It still works for the most part, but for some odd reason it won't play Contra: Shattered Soldier when it is horizontal, but when I turn it while putting it in to vertical will. That's the only game that won't work on my PS2. Otherwise, I have no problems with blue discs or anything.

But like others have said, if the fat PS2 you have now is still working, then just keep it.

I say keep the fatty. Unless you don't have a network adapter, travel a lot with your game consoles, and don't have any accessories, it's not worth the upgrade.

Shattered Soldier is a blue disk, strangely it seems to be the one that a lot of people have their first problems with. You might want to watch out in the future.

Personally I wrestled with the idea of buying a PSTwo to go WITH my launch PS2 for the purpose of playing imports (I choose not to mod the original system). But Since I only have two imports and an HDD I desided to just get an HDloader.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']It's exactly this type of topic that causes anorexia and bulimia amongst young PS2s.[/QUOTE]

I kept pressuring my FAT PS2 to play my old PS1 games and it started puking them out saying, "I don't wanna play them." After losing weight (and spending a couple bucks) she worls like a charm. And nice and thin.

I haven't had any problems with my new, slim, PS2 since.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I kept pressuring my FAT PS2 to play my old PS1 games and it started puking them out saying, "I don't wanna play them." After losing weight (and spending a couple bucks) she worls like a charm. And nice and thin.

I haven't had any problems with my new, slim, PS2 since.[/QUOTE]
Enabler!

I really like the slim one than the fat ps2. The only thing I miss about the fat ps2 is the CD loader that pops in/out. If the slim ps2 has that, it would be perfect.

bread's done
Back