Should I trade my PS3? (Fan Problem)

pixi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Alright so I've had my PS3 80GB 2USB for about 4 years and about a year ago the fan would get obnoxiously loud (the last stage or whatever). It makes it hard to enjoy playing anything or even watching movies, on dvd/blu or on hdd. I've read to vacuum and find hollow metal and change the thermal paste and I'm not on warranty but I really don't want to mess with the inside (and I don't have thermal paste nor would I be able to find any). My question is whether, before the end of tomorrow cause GS has that double credit going on, if I should trade it or if anyone has fixed this problem for certain. Thanks again.

I'd recommend getting a PS Plus membership, uploading your saves to cloud storage, and upgrading it to a Slim or Super Slim. I had my old 60 GB constantly crash after the fans kicked in so I just got rid of it. Thermal paste or any other fix after your PS3 dies is only really temporary since most of them die again sometime after. Plus, by now you'd probably need more storage than 80 GB.

[quote name='GodlyOne']I'd recommend getting a PS Plus membership, uploading your saves to cloud storage, and upgrading it to a Slim or Super Slim. I had my old 60 GB constantly crash after the fans kicked in so I just got rid of it. Thermal paste or any other fix after your PS3 dies is only really temporary since most of them die again sometime after. Plus, by now you'd probably need more storage than 80 GB.[/QUOTE]

If you go the ps+ route then for sure upgrade to a slim with a bigger hard drive
Even the 160gb will be a nice improvement
since ps+ games will fill it up fast!

bread's done
Back