Should I trust this Ebay user?

dreamvsps2

CAGiversary!
im selling a laptop and i got this eamil from him

"?Good day to U,I saw ur items displayed on this site which fascinated my imagination just like the
same thing that my son who has just graduated and ready to begin with his own life had asked me to buy for him.I'll like to know if U can ship this items to Africa ,but I really want this items to get to him before his B-day that's coming up in 2 wks time.I'll be making the payment thru bidpay coz I have an account with them simply bcos of their newly introduced measure of security for both buyers and sellers.I'll need ur name,address and phone number in order to make the payment asap.Lastly,I'll create the shipment thru my fedex account while I'll only send you the shipping label which you will print out and paste on the package before droping it into any fedex delivery box or at any fedex office in your area,even if they aren't in the office,U can drop it in the front of their office once U have pasted the shipping label on it.am xpecting ur reply.We can chat on Y!messenger"

i didnt his ebay feedback yet, so i dont know if i should trust him or not. i told him, ill talk to him after the auction ends and if no body bids on it

No, these are always scams. Don't mess with western union money orders, payments sent via fedex almost always ring alarms, and buyers in Africa, Nigeria, and overseas can be tons of problems.

ok cool, i wont sell it him, but what if he bids on it anyways i dont get my money?

i clearly said only money orders or paypal

[quote name='dreamvsps2']ok cool, i wont sell it him, but what if he bids on it anyways i dont get my money?

i clearly said only money orders or paypal[/QUOTe]

File with ebay. They ll let you relist.

If he bids, cancel his bid, and block his username from bidding on any of your auctions. If you re-list the item, and it doesn't sell, you lose money.

Did he also offer to pay you a good bit more than the item is probably worth? The scammers typically do that as well.

Oh yeah, it's definitely a scam, I had someone send me an email like that who only signed up for ebay for one day, just to contact me I suspect, then was unregistered the same day. Supposedly bidpay sends you two confirmation emails, to show everything has gone through, and these people rush you to send the item, then a few weeks later that check bounces or something and you're out the money and your item. I got so many of those emails when I was selling my PS2 through ebay and craigslist that I just traded it in. This scamming stuff has gotten out of hand.

Defenitely a scam, I got the same email a while back while trying to sell a PS2 bundle , babbling about his son's birthday & a fedex account, send to africa, from some DR. some crap at some college, avoid at all costs...

[quote name='dreamvsps2']im selling a laptop and i got this eamil from him

"?Good day to U,I saw ur items displayed on this site which fascinated my imagination just like the
same thing that my son who has just graduated and ready to begin with his own life had asked me to buy for him.I'll like to know if U can ship this items to Africa ,but I really want this items to get to him before his B-day that's coming up in 2 wks time.I'll be making the payment thru bidpay coz I have an account with them simply bcos of their newly introduced measure of security for both buyers and sellers.I'll need ur name,address and phone number in order to make the payment asap.Lastly,I'll create the shipment thru my fedex account while I'll only send you the shipping label which you will print out and paste on the package before droping it into any fedex delivery box or at any fedex office in your area,even if they aren't in the office,U can drop it in the front of their office once U have pasted the shipping label on it.am xpecting ur reply.We can chat on Y!messenger"

i didnt his ebay feedback yet, so i dont know if i should trust him or not. i told him, ill talk to him after the auction ends and if no body bids on it[/QUOTE]

i would worry if someone said my auction " fascinated my imagination "

i had someone email saying could you hold the ORGEbattle game for 3 week after the auction ends and i pay you 100 bucks for it once you ship it to me eventhough there was 20 of them listed under 40., I just emailed them back and said nope

bread's done
Back