Should I upgrade to XBL Gold?

You should get gold and find a cheap way to do it. (i.e. find an old XBox subscription, that gave me 2 years for a very low price)

I just got a 360 last month. Before I got it my line of thought was "No Effing way Im paying for online"

Now that Ive used it for a few weeks, theres no way I could live without it. My free month is a few days away from expiring and Ive already bought my 12 month card.

Imo, theres no way I could have a 360, and not have a gold Live account.

Sony and Nintendo's online SUCKS, and Microsoft's is great. And yes it costs money, but its worth payng for.

Kind of a dumb question.... one that you need to answer for yourself. Do you like online gaming? If yes, then do it. In no, then don't. For me personally Xbox Live "gold" wasn't enough for my money.

[quote name='triforcer']what games are you playing right now?[/quote]

CoD 2 & 3, Dead Rising, Burnout: Revenge, and Gears of War.

~HotShotX

I understand that some people dont like gaming online, for what ever reason but not having Live Gold is like only having one controller, you might not need it all the time but sometimes you'll wish you did.

[quote name='Puffa469']I just got a 360 last month. Before I got it my line of thought was "No Effing way Im paying for online"

Now that Ive used it for a few weeks, theres no way I could live without it. My free month is a few days away from expiring and Ive already bought my 12 month card.

Imo, theres no way I could have a 360, and not have a gold Live account.

Sony and Nintendo's online SUCKS, and Microsoft's is great. And yes it costs money, but its worth payng for.[/quote]

I was the exact way and then I got Live and I don't think I could ever see myself without it now. It's just always a blast and it's fun getting new stuff for games, etc. It really adds a lot to games. I already got a cheap Xbox Live card. I first bought a couple of month cards to try out and from then on I was hooked. It adds a lot of depth to games and you'll see that the game you used to play, beat and trade has now gotten longer because you'll want to keep it to keep playing it online, etc.

Earlier this year I grabbed 2 12 month sets of Xbox Live when they were clearanced at Kmart. So I'm set for this year and next, but hopefully another deal will pop up.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I understand that some people dont like gaming online, for what ever reason but not having Live Gold is like only having one controller, you might not need it all the time but sometimes you'll wish you did.[/quote]

I must be missing the analogy, but let's just say Live and a 360 go together like lamb and tuna fish

you have a month of gold from when y ou first made your account on yoru xbox - use it for now and see for yourself if you want to get gold when the month is up.

[quote name='HotShotX']CoD 2 & 3, Dead Rising, Burnout: Revenge, and Gears of War.

~HotShotX[/quote]

If you have CoD 2 & 3 and Gears of War than XBL Gold is a must. The online play of just CoD3 and Gears is incredible.

I've had an elite for about two weeks now and have taken full advantage of the free gold month - i've downloaded well over 20 GB worth of free stuff - demos, movie trailers, game trailers, etc. I also added in most of the folks from the stickied post in this forum as friends, so now have around 80 or so friends, *snap* just like that.

The gold membership is in the mail from Amazon - $48, or $4 / month. What else can you possibly buy for $4 a month that gives you so many hours of entertainment?

If you have GoW, then yes. Make sure to get a good deal on it, though!

Also, consider just finding 48-hour codes. Then if you only play on the weekends or something, you'll save alot of money by just entering the codes on the weekend and playing then.

Funny, I spent six hours playing Gears too, only it was bouncing from servers where half the players drop to ranked servers where the host asks someone to leave so his friend can try to get in.

Doritos is still dishing up 48 hour trial codes. Stock up while you can. Give it a go. Personally, Gold was the biggest pain in the rear I ever didn't pay for.

Well, you could try a free trail on the elite i think for 1 month right? after tha, then get one cheap off buy.com or do one of those sruvey sites and get it for free.

[quote name='guyjr']I've had an elite for about two weeks now and have taken full advantage of the free gold month - i've downloaded well over 20 GB worth of free stuff - demos, movie trailers, game trailers, etc. I also added in most of the folks from the stickied post in this forum as friends, so now have around 80 or so friends, *snap* just like that.
quote]

Just so the OP isnt confused. You can DL demos and vids and stuff without a Gold membership. I believe the only thing you need Gold for is playing games online, and earning online acheivements. You buy Live arcade games with a silver.

And that is the only... and for many the only NEEDED... reason to get Gold. Do you want to play online?

Yes - Then get Gold
No - Then don't.

bread's done
Back