Should I use my Xmas money for a DS

SirSavesALot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (100%)
Recently I saw that cooking game advertised on the television machine, I think it looks cool, I have christmas money and can't buy the new benneli shotgun I want because it is far too expensive and I am horrible at saving money (also, I have two others of similar models, and my wife insists that I don't need another one, instead saying I should buy a 30/06, but seriously who needs that when you have a .308).

Anyhoo, is the nintendo Ds cool? Should I buy one? What good games are there?

Thanks for any help, and merry christmas.

Personally, I'd say wait for the DSi (summer 09) but if you can't wait, might as well pick it up.

Plethora of different genres, several great games but alot more terrible ones to watch out for.

Platformers (ala mario, kirby), RPGs (final fantasy, chrono), and niche (cooking, educational like brain age, ...) seem to strive on the system.

2 games I highly reccomend are Kirby: Canvas Curse and Soul Bubbles.

I don't feel like getting a DSI next year, personally I'm going to wait, as it may have hardware failure, such as the screen cracking etc, or possibly something similar to the 360s RROD.

I got another DS for Christmas, and I enjoy it. It's a pretty cool handheld imo.

I don't know what type of games your into, but I can/will reccomend these:

New Super Mario Bros.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (they have another one coming out near the summer.)

Chrono Trigger (haven't played it myself, but from what I've read from others, it seems pretty good)

I really don't know if I can reccomend anything else, I haven't had a chance to play many DS games.

Hope this helps you out.

Excellent DS games not mentioned yet:

Mario Kart DS (self explanatory, probably my favorite in the series)
Elite Beat Agents (really fun music game)
Hotel Dusk (basically an interactive novel, really good story, fun to play)
Yoshi's Island DS (I'm not that far into it yet but I think it's better than New Super Mario Bros. so far)
Phoenix Wright (similar to Hotel Dusk except you're an attorney)
Rune Factory (only if you're a fan of the Harvest Moon series)

Don't wait for the DSi, buy a DS lite now!

DSi will probably have issues already mentioned like dead pixels and cracking hinges in the first batch.
They also don't have a GBA slot or support flash carts.

The DS is an amazing system though.
Try out Elite Beat Agents, and Quendan.
My favorite series by far.

However won't the DSI support MicroSD cards or something like that?

Anyway, I think Nintendo is making a mistake with the DSI, sure it has a camera and everything, but why make yet another version of the DS? I guess they are being smart, by continuing the DS line and having a excellent library of DS games, but I don't think they will be making anymore Major Nintendo brand games for the DS anymore. Like Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime, but most likely they will continue the Mario series.

Anyway, get a DS Lite there's nothing wrong with it, and the DSI is just a DS on "steroids". Steroids can enhance, but they have side effects.

bread's done
Back