Should I use the Intercooler TS?

Bonzaixx1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Hey guys. I bought an Intercooler TS (this one to be exact, although I did not get it from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Inte..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1252477657&sr=8-1) in the hopes that it would make RRODs less likely, but I have not used it yet. I heard that fans that use the 360's power are bad and do more harm than good, so I bought this one because it has its own AC cable as a power source. However, I have just recently heard from some people that all 360 fans are liable to damage your system more than they help it, by blowing hot air back into the system or something. I honestly don't know much about it at all myself, and I've had trouble finding answers myself. Does anyone know if this specific fan is actually beneficial to use, or if it will just blow hot air back into my system and make it overheat more often?

I would never use one of those. The only thing I ever hear about those things are that they pretty much scaled the back of your system.

Unless your 360 is in a real tight space that gets no air at all, you shouldn't use an intercooler. And even then, you're still better off putting the 360 some place that is out in the open and not using the intercooler.

The first two intercoolers sucked. The first one would melt the xbox. The second one didn't melt the xbox, but still sucked power from the main power cable.

I'm on my 9th Xbox 360. I paid for the factory warranty from Microsoft at launch, so Microsoft has replaced my console 8 times. My current Xbox 360 still freezes up, but I decided that I could "live with it" instead of sending it back for a 10th 360.

I bought the Intercooler TS a few weeks ago. The one powered by USB.

My Xbox 360 hasn't frozen up a single time since. It definitely does keep the 360 cooler, and it looks like this third version of the intercooler has taken care of the problems in the first two models. It's kinda noisy, especially when it first comes on. But, it's definitely working.

A web site actually did an internal temperature test with the original intercooler, and the thing DOES make the xbox 360 run a little cooler. ...if you look around on Google, you might be able to find the review where they do the temperature test. But the first two intercoolers had design flaws which could make ruin your xbox.

I'm using the TS, and my console has stopped freezing up. I can put my hand on top of the console, and it's OBVIOUSLY running cooler than it used to.

Unless someone has actually used the TS model, I wouldn't count their opinion as mattering that much. The Intercooler got a bad name from the first two products, and right so, but with the redesign, this third model appears to be working quite well.

Thanks for the replies everyone, especially Starbuck. I know the first Intercoolers were garbage but I didn't know if the TS fixed all those problems or not. If anyone else has used the TS version, I'd like to know how well it's been working for them.

And Starbuck, my TS isn't USB powered, it has a power cord of its own. Maybe we have different models, but if they have the same name, maybe that doesn't really matter.

Just get a 60Gb or bigger hdd. You can install games on your hdd so you really shouldn't have to worry about your 360 dieing anymore.

I use this and have not had any problems whatsoever. It turns itself on when need be, not all the time. It is quite loud when running but thats the only con I've found. I'd have to agree with starbuck. Why would you take someones opinion on this if they've never even used the product? It does its job and thats good enough for me.

*EDIT*
Just thought I'd add that I have the one with that plugs into an outlet like yours.

I bought the newer intercooler ts which actually powers itself via a separate power adapter and its alil loud but you will notice when you pull out a disc after an hour of play its not as hot as normal. Plus nyko is nice enough to replace it if it breaks down.

Thanks guys, so far everyone who says they have this precise fan is saying good things about it. I'll try it out next time I play a game and see how I like it.

I got my Xbox 360 in late January, and the Intercooler TS maybe a month later, and no problems with heat, disc drive, or anything!

Install all your games to HDD and play them like that. Much quieter, much cooler, and you don't shatter your game discs from spinning them all the time.

Hopefully this will keep me from ever getting RROD.

The intercooler TS is the only safe intercooler, although the best thing would be to replace the fans with higher quality, quieter ones and bypass the temperature sensor part, and have a smart power strip that will power the fans immediately once the 360 comes on, and for a bit after it senses the 360 turn off.

All those things do is heat your system. I used a pelican intercooler on my xbox original, and it fried the darn thing. Your asking for trouble if you put one of those things on your system.

bread's done
Back