Should I wait for Christmas or.......

CarlosX360

CAGiversary!
Just get an HDTV right now?

I'm in the market for a 40' inch HDTV, that supports a few component slots, mostly because I have a component cable for PS3. I am also planning to get a Xbox 360.

I don't want HDMI, because I've heard problems with PS3 and HDMI. I want it, but if the problem wasn't a problem to begin with, I'd take a few HDMI slots, please.

I'm also factoring in the whole Circuit City bankruptcy thing going on right now.

My gut; ahem, my instincts say "I want my own HDTV, damnit!"

i broke down and bought a 50" sammy from CC a month ago when they were running the 24 months no interest financing. I have my ps3 hooked up via HDMI with no problems, as well as my 360 hooked up via HDMI... LOVE IT!!!

What "problems with HDMI and the PS3" are you talking about? I've been using HDMI with my PS3 on multiple televisions for over a year and a half now.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Two Words: Black Friday[/quote]

If you don't mind waiting on line for 5+hours(depending where you live in the freezing cold) and possibly still maybe winding up not getting a good deal on a TV because they're sold out, than sure.

Oh and on-line is even worse... just without the waiting on line part but your chances on line of getting something is even less likely, I think, lol.

There are a ton of good deals going on now.. Best Buy has some decent offers on packages, like HDTV, Wall Mount, and Home Theater Systems.

I got my 32" Samsung 1080p, Wall mount, and Sony 1000W Home Theater System all for just a little over a $1,000 with a special deal at Best Buy... if you find a good deal, jump on it, though make sure you do the research first... I was in the market for a tv over a year...

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Two Words: Black Friday[/quote]
I was told that Black Friday isn't the best time to purchase "clearance" items, since they phish you or dupe you into thinking that the price is actually cut, but except its not.
[quote name='mtxbass1']What "problems with HDMI and the PS3" are you talking about? I've been using HDMI with my PS3 on multiple televisions for over a year and a half now.[/quote]
I saw it on the official PS forums...

[quote name='CarlosX360']
I saw it on the official PS forums...[/quote]

Go read our PS3 forums. The "official" forum over at Sony is a joke.

[quote name='cmart05']If you don't mind waiting on line for 5+hours(depending where you live in the freezing cold) and possibly still maybe winding up not getting a good deal on a TV because they're sold out, than sure.

Oh and on-line is even worse... just without the waiting on line part but your chances on line of getting something is even less likely, I think, lol.

[/QUOTE]

That point is when all the sales start. Yes, there is waiting in cold and all that. But look at some of the prices in the ads. A Sharp 46" 1080p for 900? I'm trying to make plans to possibly go out for it. And you cannot deny that the day alone holds the massive potential. All the emails I get from places like Circuit City, JR.com, etc etc are all "pre black friday sales" This is the point where the deals coming flowing down. Hell, even a week after black friday you will probably find better deals than you would today. Sales are down across the board in retail sales. They will be throwing crazy deals to get the business.

[quote name='CarlosX360']I was told that Black Friday isn't the best time to purchase "clearance" items, since they phish you or dupe you into thinking that the price is actually cut, but except its not.
[/QUOTE]

You were "told"? Or have you done the comparisons yourself? Think man.

[quote name='CarlosX360']Just get an HDTV right now?
I don't want HDMI, because I've heard problems with PS3 and HDMI. I want it, but if the problem wasn't a problem to begin with, I'd take a few HDMI slots, please.
[/quote]

Im really curious to what the problems are. I have never heard anything like this. Your summary is so vague. I would say that your fears are not necessary in this case and go with hdmi.

I would say if you find a deal take it and dont wait. That way for Christmas you can ask for games or blurays etc.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']You were "told"? Or have you done the comparisons yourself? Think man.[/quote]
I don't do a whole lot of shopping, man.

I was told by a relative. Okay? Chill.

bread's done
Back