Should Smash Bros Brawl Contain Blood?

Clean. Even aside from the fact that Nintendo would obviously never add blood because it's just not a necessary move nor would it sit well with lots of consumers, there's the fact that in the 'universe' in which these characters/games have existed over the years, blood has never been a part of that...so adding it would really not sit well with the games truly being a part of the Nintendo universe. It'd make future/past games seem weird, for blood to be there.

I have no intrest in seeing mario bleed, but I would like altered character models with lower health, maybe like mario losing his hat.

[quote name='furyk']It's a good idea to include blood simply because all of the horrific gore in the other games.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, only completely wrong and the exact opposite is true!

it should have an option...maybe something along the lines of at the start menu if you were to press A, B, A, C, A, B, B. and IF this was done correctly, you would hear Snake say "I don't like to waste bullets."

I always thought blood didn't make sense because Nintendo wanted it to seem like you were playing with toys - for example in Melee whenever you finished you saw your character fall from the sky and transform into a statue. Also the opening sequence showed a statue change into a moving character. Simply put, toys don't bleed.

[quote name='help1']I have no intrest in seeing mario bleed, but I would like altered character models with lower health, maybe like mario losing his hat.[/quote]

that would be awesome!

[quote name='help1']I have no intrest in seeing mario bleed, but I would like altered character models with lower health, maybe like mario losing his hat.[/QUOTE]
This is actually a good idea. A visual cue of your character's strength might be a nice addition.

Yoshi is staggered after a punch from Link>

FATALITY!

The others were fun without blood, I say stick to no blood. I do like the idea of character models changing as they take damage. Kinda like they would look tired.

Ya no blood, but the mario hat idea was cool. Kirby could turn purple, Link could lose his tunic or shield...ya I dunno but its a good idea.

Or the characters could begin to regress from Wii version to GC versions to N64 versions to SNES, NES, etc. ;) Here's to new NES sprites for characters who never appeared in that era! ;)

[quote name='daroga']Or the characters could begin to regress from Wii version to GC versions to N64 versions to SNES, NES, etc. ;) Here's to new NES sprites for characters who never appeared in that era! ;)[/QUOTE]
Ha! That could be cool. Or even just an 8-bit mode where all the character models were 8-bit versions, or approximations at least. It'd be funny if in the main adventure levels of the game there was an 8-bit level and as you entered it your character (Fox?) turned into an 8-bit sprite for that level. But he'd have to look confused like Kirby does in the trailer.

[quote name='daroga']Or the characters could begin to regress from Wii version to GC versions to N64 versions to SNES, NES, etc. ;) Here's to new NES sprites for characters who never appeared in that era! ;)[/quote]

Seconded, if anything make them alternate costumes!

[quote name='daroga']Or the characters could begin to regress from Wii version to GC versions to N64 versions to SNES, NES, etc. ;) Here's to new NES sprites for characters who never appeared in that era! ;)[/QUOTE]

A WINNER IS YOU!

[quote name='SpazX']They fight with like magical powers and shit, do we need any realism?[/QUOTE]

I want my blob that sucks things up and steals their abilities to be as real to life as possible.

Yeah-- in order for it to appeal to a mature crowd it needs Blood and Boobies. Cause us mature people prefer our games to be "classy" like that :roll:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It absolutely needs blood if Solid Snake is in there, anything else is disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, those MGS games were chock full of gore! You want Snake, so you want some headshot action!

How about the more you hit the characters, their heads expand and eventually explode, and you get condensation on the screen from the water and oxygen released!

[quote name='iufoltzie']Indeed, those MGS games were chock full of gore! You want Snake, so you want some headshot action![/QUOTE]
Exactly. Snake needs to slit some throats and make some headshots to be himself.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Exactly, only completely wrong and the exact opposite is true![/QUOTE]

And again.... sarcasm fails on the net.

[quote name='Supercake']Seconded, if anything make them alternate costumes![/QUOTE]

Yes! I also like the idea of an 8-bit mode, complete with alternate sound effects, etc. That would be very cool.

Back on topic, I agree with those who correctly state that none of these characters (excepting Snake now) are in games with blood anyway, so it wouldn't make any sense.

[quote name='elprincipe']Back on topic, I agree with those who correctly state that none of these characters (excepting Snake now) are in games with blood anyway, so it wouldn't make any sense.[/quote]Without any hesitation, I automatically disagreed with you and remembered LoZ: OoT, where Ganondorf spits out blood at the end. Sure, it was later changed to green, but it was initially red and blood. Also, Twilight Princess is T for Teen due to animated violence and blood.

So, strike Link out of the bloodless games category.

I'm sure there may be a couple of them that had some blood. Like Samus, for example, in the Metroid Prime series.

And honestly, I wasn't trying to be spiteful or prove anyone wrong. That immediately came to mind when I read your post.

[quote name='Bandito']I always thought blood didn't make sense because Nintendo wanted it to seem like you were playing with toys - for example in Melee whenever you finished you saw your character fall from the sky and transform into a statue. Also the opening sequence showed a statue change into a moving character. Simply put, toys don't bleed.[/QUOTE]

"Toy Story" would have been a very different movie if they did...

[quote name='Brak']Blood? No.

Period blood? Oh, yes.[/QUOTE]

Um, yeah. I don't have a daughter yet, but I'm going to go ahead and file the restraining order anyway.

[quote name='furyk']And again.... sarcasm fails on the net.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Alas tis true, sarcasm really requires the proper tone of voice... we could ask CheapyD for a sarcasm tag... but then it doesnt seem as fun.

[quote name='Brak']Blood? No.

Period blood? Oh, yes.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. Peach is already half way there with her PMS game, and everyone knows that Jigglypuff is designed off of a novelty condem. They're probably looking for moves for Zero Suit Samus, and I don't know anyone who wouldn't feel real pain after having a used tampon tossed at them.

Ok that was gross even for me.

[quote name='help1']I have no intrest in seeing mario bleed, but I would like altered character models with lower health, maybe like mario losing his hat.[/QUOTE]

That would be cool. Perhaps the character models could get "scuffed up" and more work as time would go on.

bread's done
Back