Should this guy get reported to ebay??? Illegal?

[quote name='icemanjmw13']The cd is free but the shipping is what it is to cover my time i put into getting all of the roms[/quote]

Cute, the jacked up shipping is to cover all the time this scumbag spent pirating other people's work, and he thinks he's clever by finding a legal loophole (if it even is one). Lame/10

Um, just because he calls it a "compilation" doesn't make it legal. I've got printouts of all 5 Harry Potter books that I 3-hole-punched and I'm going to sell it as a compilation! No, wait... I've got Led Zeppelin's entire catalog of music on one memory stick and I'm selling it as a compilation! No, wait a minute... I've got the first season of Saved by the Bell on a VHS tape (commercials included, of course) that I'm selling as a compilation! What a dumbass. If he seriously got this idea as "legal advice" then his lawyer should be disbarred.

hutz_pointing.gif

I don't use the word 'hero' lightly, but my client is the greatest hero in American history.

[quote name='soulwish2003']combo cart

< 2 days to get this one shut down...[/quote]

But in the description he states "This item is a liscensed product for Nintendo overseas". "Liscensed" by whom, I wonder? Nintondo, perhaps?

Regarding the compilation copyright, that is all well and good, but does not negate the fact that the games are original works that are themselves copyrighted, and therefore can not be included within a compilation without the express verbal and written consent of the National Football League (NFL) and the American Broadcasting Company (ABC). :twoguns:

Seriously though, he would only be able to legally do it if the games were in the public domain.

[quote name='soulwish2003']combo cart

< 2 days to get this one shut down...[/quote]

I reported this one as well, to eBay and to Nintendo.

Funny thing is that I can't report him for bogus shipping, since $5 for Priority mail isn't a bad shipping charge.

bread's done
Back