Shrink Wrap Machine???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiPaCRoMBiE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I am looking to purchase a machine to shrink wrap my hold boxed gaming systems. I want to shrink wrap it like they shrink wrap games sold it stores. I have many things I want to preserve and I can't find anything to do it.

Does anyone have an idea where to start?

[quote name='JJSP']...so you can attempt to sell it as "new and sealed"?[/quote]

yeah, exactly, THATS EXACTLY IT. I am going to sell a system in the box, the box being obviously used, in brand new shrink wrap as new. useless reply ftw. don't bother responding if you can't help. your just trolling which is kind of pathetic.

anyone else have suggestions?

[quote name='Strell']That's the sig of an honest man, JJSP. You profilin' bastid.[/quote]
Ah, yes. An honest man...trying to sell a modded PS1. ;)

Reported, dicknibbler. :booty:

[quote name='JJSP']Ah, yes. An honest man...trying to sell a modded PS1. ;)

Reported, dicknibbler. :booty:[/quote]

i'm not trying to sell anything. i'm just showing what I have ;) does anyone have an idea of any machine that can do this?

[quote name='Strell']That's the sig of an honest man, JJSP. You profilin' bastid.[/quote]

Capitalizing "God" has extra charm. It's like giving someone a plaque of gratitude and crapping on their doorstep on the way out.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']i'm not trying to sell anything. i'm just showing what I have ;) does anyone have an idea of any machine that can do this?[/quote]

Do a search for "shrinkwrap machine" on Google. Be prepared to spend a fuckin' fortune for such a minor task.

[quote name='JJSP']...so you can attempt to sell it as "new and sealed"?[/quote]"Lightly used by a little old woman on her way to church on Sundays"? I'm sure it's something like that.

[quote name='JJSP']Ah, yes. An honest man...trying to sell a modded PS1. ;)

Reported, dicknibbler. :booty:[/quote]Found and removed.

wtf are you people talking about. you people talk like the kids I used to pour my milk on in school. thanks crunch and anex, ill do some more research.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']wtf are you people talking about. you people talk like the kids I used to poor my milk on in school.[/quote]

Didn't stay very long, did you?

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']wtf are you people talking about. you people talk like the kids I used to poor my milk on in school. thanks crunch and anex, ill do some more research.[/quote]

Why are you thanking me? I just made a cynical remark that was completely off topic.

Well, um... you're welcome :D

While the OP may be dumbass, I don't think he has any malicious intent behind his wanting a shrink wrap machine. I think he simply appears to be a collector who would like to seal up the consoles he doesn't use regularly.

With that being said, I don't know where you get one of these machines.

[quote name='lionheart4life']How does shrink wrapping a system in an old cardboard box help preserve it?[/QUOTE]

Makes it shiny?

No idea, maybe no smoke smell?

To help the OP, it would be better with hairdryer and some shrink-able plastic... cover it and go to town on HI. It won't be very tight but it should seal at least.

Hey does anyone know where I can get a blackbox? I'm not trying to steal cable or anything, though.

Does anyone know where I can get a slim jim? Sometimes I lock my keys in my car.

Does anyone know where I can get some mace without a permit? I like to spice up my tacos with it.

[quote name='HowStern']Hey does anyone know where I can get a blackbox? I'm not trying to steal cable or anything, though.

Does anyone know where I can get a slim jim? Sometimes I lock my keys in my car.

Does anyone know where I can get some mace without a permit? I like to spice up my tacos with it.[/quote]

Yeah, except the OP said he wanted it shrink wrapped like games, not systems. Games have a stronger, non-flexible plastic. In fact, they are likely not even shrink wrapped, just heat sealed. Boxes, on the other hand, have a flexible, thin plastic with telltale wrinkling and "nipples" at the corners where the plastic has obviously shriveled up at the closure points.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']wtf are you people talking about. you people talk like the kids I used to poor my milk on in school. thanks crunch and anex, ill do some more research.[/QUOTE]

you should have spent less time pouring milk on kids and more time paying attention in english.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']you should have spent less time pouring milk on kids and more time paying attention in english.[/quote]

ohhh great, here's comes the token english teacher. i'm so glad your here to be my free spell check. here let me spell some words wrong for you to be corrected.

ghet a lyfe kool khid.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Yeah, except the OP said he wanted it shrink wrapped like games, not systems. Games have a stronger, non-flexible plastic. In fact, they are likely not even shrink wrapped, just heat sealed. Boxes, on the other hand, have a flexible, thin plastic with telltale wrinkling and "nipples" at the corners where the plastic has obviously shriveled up at the closure points.[/quote]

thanks bro. i just purchased a machine yesterday. i can def. tell you this will be the last time i ask for any advice on here, other than you and a few others that replied. thanks to those that actually responded with someone constructive.

late to the party as usual, but if you can find a store that's going out of business, you'd be able to get one on the cheap (I'm sure the closing Circuit City's had one or two at each location). Another possibility is to just take the box to a local crafts store (Michael's, JoAnn fabrics, etc.) and ask them to seal it for you. Many times, if they're not busy, they'll help you out. But if you've got more than one or two boxes, don't bother.

[quote name='Warner1281']late to the party as usual, but if you can find a store that's going out of business, you'd be able to get one on the cheap (I'm sure the closing Circuit City's had one or two at each location). Another possibility is to just take the box to a local crafts store (Michael's, JoAnn fabrics, etc.) and ask them to seal it for you. Many times, if they're not busy, they'll help you out. But if you've got more than one or two boxes, don't bother.[/quote]

The machine I just picked up is junk to be honest. I was only able to seal my old snes cartridges and snes catridges. Would the craft store be able to seal something as large as my snes system boxes?

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']ohhh great, here's comes the token english teacher. i'm so glad your here to be my free spell check. here let me spell some words wrong for you to be corrected.

ghet a lyfe kool khid.[/quote]

Coming into this thread, I was on your side.

After reading this thread, I am not.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']The machine I just picked up is junk to be honest. I was only able to seal my old snes cartridges and snes catridges. Would the craft store be able to seal something as large as my snes system boxes?[/quote]

Probably. I know the one we had at Blockbuster would have been able to. Unfortunately, most BBV's don't carry these anymore or I'd send you there. But if BBV can carry one big enough, I would imagine a craft store would carry one just as big.

[quote name='RiPaCRoMBiE']ohhh great, here's comes the token english teacher. i'm so glad your here to be my free spell check. here let me spell some words wrong for you to be corrected.

ghet a lyfe kool khid.[/QUOTE]

get a life cool kid.

You actually can buy mace without a permit. I saw some in Oreilly's the other day. Why Oreilly's is selling mace though, I do not know.

i know a few places that sell a shrink wrap machine, since i am in the picture framing business and people use them to seal picture frames..so if you check some suppliers sites you would be able to find it..

Not implying that you were using it to try and sell things that are used as new but I know where others are coming from. I bought some games from a guy on ebay that said sealed and i assumed that ment new. When I got them they were indeed sealed but not new by any means. So i know where others are coming from.

[quote name='AceSXE']Not implying that you were using it to try and sell things that are used as new but I know where others are coming from.[/quote]I know I was implying that the OP was trying to sell used items as new. And I know I'm not the only one in this thread that thinks as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back