Shutter Island Deals?

Wish I could weigh in, I really loved the movie and am looking for the blu ray on sale also. Could be 20 after release like Avatar is now.

i was bummed to see the advertised prices for this. I refuse to pay anything over $20 for a BR
im seeing a lot of post release sales on blurays. I used to feel pressured to buy it at launch as the price seemed to stay close to msrp for an extended period.

come on walk-mart, their blue-rays at my wal-mart, and at some wal-marts which i have visited in the past experiences have their first day a movie dvd or blue-ray releases its 19.99. Don't fail me now wal-mart.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']come on walk-mart, their blue-rays at my wal-mart, and at some wal-marts which i have visited in the past experiences have their first day a movie dvd or blue-ray releases its 19.99. Don't fail me now wal-mart.[/QUOTE]

That's true. I remember looking for a good deal on Dr. Parnasus, and it was $25 everywhere instore or online for release date. Went to Wal-Mart, not even looking for it because I saw the price on the site, but when I was browsing the movie section, picked it up for $19.xx. I hope it's the same deal with Shutter Island.

[quote name='opterasis']The best option I see right now is waiting until next week when it will be 22.99 at Target.[/QUOTE]

Could you please direct me to next week's Target ad? :D

And relating to the thread, my deepdiscount 25% off sale notification card had Shutter Island advertised as being $19.xx after coupon but it's still close to $24-ish after coupon on their website. I'll double check my coupon when I get into the office here in a few to make sure there's not a special code or something to get it for the $20 price.

IDK..I want to get this movie too, haven't seen it, but who isn't a Scorsese fan?? Figure I need to get this on BD, b/c no RedBox's near me have BD yet and I don't pay the extra on Netflix for it..

I don't see the Frys $22.XX price online at all and don't have a print ad. But even on their weekly specials area, it says $26.99 In-Store.

Will probably get it at BB, tuck my receipt away (good for 45 day price match) and go back next week w/ the Target ad..

I really liked the movie but I'll be waiting for the sub-$15 price point like I do for 95% of the Blu-rays in my collection.

[quote name='Refractor_Champion']I paid 24.99 + tax at Target......:bomb:

It was a must have NOW[/QUOTE]

Yeah I paid the same at Wally's World.. Didn't want to, but had to have the movie.

Went to walmart and it was 24.96 as others said, couldnt justify for myself at this point. I have seen it twice, and am going to rent it, so that should tide me over til it becomes cheaper.

Sounds like some of you guys didn't see the trailer 20 times at the theaters like I did. I feel like I've seen the movie too many times already and I've never watched it.

[quote name='snausages']At Best Buy, it's $19.99 for the Blu-ray next week.[/QUOTE]

thanks for that. ill probably pick it up there.

[quote name='SeriousJack']Thanks... I will probably pick this up. As much as I tend to dislike Leonard, I really dug this movie :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

I have to say, as much as I used to feel the same way as you, his acting has gotten so damn good and he's been quite fantastic in much of his work this decade. Still, the stain of Titanic does resonate...

[quote name='karkyco']I have to say, as much as I used to feel the same way as you, his acting has gotten so damn good and he's been quite fantastic in much of his work this decade. Still, the stain of Titanic does resonate...[/QUOTE]

So very true. I hated him after he did Titanic, but recently I looked at my movie collection, and realized that a lot of my favorites had him in a starring role.

bread's done
Back