Sick of Broken Controllers!

AlbinoNinja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just found 2 first-party Dual Shock controllers in a drawer. The analog sticks doesnt work on one of them, but on the other one, the only problem is the triangle button is jammed. I really want to fix then jammed one, mostly because im pissed at buying so many fucking controllers. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix the button? if not, then a web site that might repair these, or any other suggestions (including a place that sells first party contollers for cheap)

[quote name='Riyonuk']Couldnt you just take the controller apart and clean them? I did that with my gamecube controller.[/QUOTE]
that's one of my options, but i was hoping someone could post a link/guide about how to do it. Even if the controller's broken, I hate poking around without any clue what I'm doing

Just pop unscrew the controller. All of the important things are soldered down. The buttons are the only thing that will come out. Just be gently when pulling the controller apart. After that you should be alright. Get a cotton swab and some alcohol (I prefer whisky) and start cleaning.

Try this. Take a tooth brush you don't plan on putting in your mouth again and run it under some warm water. Ring out the bristles a bit so they're not DRIPPING water but just warm and damp, then force the bristles around the edge of the stuck button. I'm not sure if it'll get the jammed button back, but it works great for buttons that are sticking.

Make sure to let it dry for a few hours before using it.

The shoulder buttons are reason enough to not open up Dual Shock controllers unless they're already broken beyond repair. I can never get them back to normal working condition as that little rubber pad is annoyingly hard to keep in the right position.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The shoulder buttons are reason enough to not open up Dual Shock controllers unless they're already broken beyond repair. I can never get them back to normal working condition as that little rubber pad is annoyingly hard to keep in the right position.[/quote]

C'mon they aren't that bad. I managed to get them back into regular position many times.

My super nes controllers are dented in various places and they still work fine. The only problem is having to push the start button a little hard.

[quote name='dtarasev']C'mon they aren't that bad. I managed to get them back into regular position many times.[/quote]
They're never the same after opening them up, so it just doesn't work at all.

in the 6 or 8 years ive had my ps2 ive gone through at least 5 controllers for various reasons. were on the 7th and 8th right now and since my old lady is rough with her controllers ( mashes buttons harder than necessary and gets too excited with the stick) we each have one of our own that the other doesnt use. i love the dual shock as far as controllers go but man they can fall apart like a french womans panties or a college girls morals after a few beers.

The problem I have with all my dualshocks is that I jam on the shoulder buttons too hard, and from all the wear and tear they get to this point where sometimes when you press the button, the edge of it gets stuck underneath the main body controller it stays down when I let go of it. Then I have to mush it around to get it to pop back up. I go thru a dualshock or two every time a new SSX game comes out.

Theyre easy to fix tho, just make sure you work somewhere flat and brightly lit.

bread's done
Back