Sick of everyone watching tv? Try TV-B-Gone!

Yeah, this is going to end up pissing me off more than once. Someone's gonna get their fucking ass kicked, too. I swear, if I go to Hooters and someone does this, they're getting an ass kicking.

My friend had a watch in sixth grade that could control certain VCR's.. the teacher's VCR happened to be one. He kept fast forwarding the tape we were watching and she was confused. That was funny... shutting off every TV in some place is not.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What the shaq-fu kind of laundromat has a 60-inch Sony HDTV?[/quote]

A laudromat that I wanna clean my clothes in!

One of my teachers in high school was a crabby, old nun that nobody liked. One day we were being completely obnoxious and told us to knock it off because her pacemaker couldn't take much more. The next day, everybody brought all the garage openers, remote controls, cordless phones, etc. they could find in hopes that pushing the buttons would send her pacemaker haywire. The sinister plan failed.

I do agree that tv has taken up much of our lives. Kids under 5 are watchin 2-5 hours a day, and many households just leave the tv on all day, which is one of my huge pet peeves. If you're not watching it, turn it off--if you need noise, turn on the radio or a cd player. In certain environments it makes sense-a laundromat, a bar, at a place selling tv's, etc.
I can see this tool pissing off a lot of people.

I don't watch a lot of regular TV - if I have mine on, I'm either gaming or watching a DVD. But I hate when ppl look down on others for watching TV, gaming - whatever. What I do with my free time is my business. And although reading a book may make you feel intellectually superior, it's usually just as big of a waste of time.

[quote name='Doylerulez']This sounds cool if I was 12 years old or a college student.[/quote]

I can see someone going up and down the halls at a dorm turning off tvs ... best time would be during the simpsons probably. Sporting events would work well too, though there's a better chance of getting your ass kicked.

I agree, this is going to lead to some ass-kickings. Oneof the reasons I stopped going to the movies was due to idiots who thought they were the first person in the world to buy a cheap laser pointer. After fifth time I had to forcibly 'disarm' one of these idiots I decided my money was better spent on good home theater equipment and DVDs.

[quote name='argyle']But I hate when ppl look down on others for watching TV[/quote]

everything in moderation (said the guy with 5K posts...)

the average adult watches tv for 7 hours a day.

almost all of that 7 hours is spend absorbing information given to us, almost none of it is use thinking about whats actully going on in the TV.

i dont watch tv much. often i have tv land on for background noise...plus i love old shows...but other than wrestling and adult swim...i cant way that i watch tv...

yeah, burn your time how you want. You come into my house and turn off my tv, I'm gonna be pissed. And because this is the internet and you guys can't actually see me, I'll let you know that my 6'5" 260-pound frame will really do you in. bitches beware.

This is gonna be good for school. It will really piss the techer off when the tv starts turning on in the middle of class. Or turning off the tv the middle of a movie.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Doylerulez']This sounds cool if I was 12 years old or a college student.[/quote]

I can see someone going up and down the halls at a dorm turning off tvs ... best time would be during the simpsons probably. Sporting events would work well too, though there's a better chance of getting your ass kicked.[/quote]

Great idea. Maybe I should do that here...

This would be great to fuck with people. I wish I had one during all of the Yankees-Red Sox games this past week. It would have been great to see the reactions.

[quote name='PapiChullo']This would be great to shaq-fu with people. I wish I had one during all of the Yankees-Red Sox games this past week. It would have been great to see the reactions.[/quote]
If you live in the northeast, someone would maim you, no joke.

In reference to the above link, I wouldn't mind having a device like TV-B-Gone for those car sound systems. I hate how people drive around with the sound blasting out of their cars. Especially at 2 a.m. when one of my neighbors has all of his leave for the night.

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']http://www.prweb.com/releases/?56427

found that link by following 4 links from the article.. that is some total bullshit... there is no way subs would ever give someone a seizure or make them litereally sick.. thats shaq-fuing rediculous![/quote]

:rofl:

When I read "subs" I thought food :lol: I must be starving here.

bread's done
Back