Sick of Guitar Hero III on Wii? Get $132 for it. (less shipping)

djkunai

Banned
http://www.fatwallet.com/redirect/b...nge.com/configurations/ACTIVI/refundoffer.pdf

Ripped from FW:

Wii Version, Game Refund
Guitar Hero® III: Legends of RockWe understand that some consumers have not been able to enjoy the full audio output in the Wii version of Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock. Activision has worked with Nintendo to re-master the game and provide a replacement disc to consumers with Dolby digital surround sound and other consumers experiencing audio issues. We believe that the replacement disc should enable you to enjoy the full experience with the game and continue in the great tradition of the Guitar Hero games that have been available to date. However, in order to insure that all of our customers are completely satisfied, Activision is offering a full refund as an alternative. The full refund will be in the amount of $132.00, which covers the average retail price of the game plus average shipping costs.

If you wish to receive a full refund on your purchase price instead of a replacement disc,
please follow the instructions below:

1. Complete this form and send a copy of the form with your return no later than August 31, 2008.

2 Keep one copy of the form for your records.

3. Place all of the required items (listed below) and the refund form in an appropriately sized box. We recommend you use your original Guitar Hero® III: Legend of Rock packaging for shipping. Please be sure to remove your Wii Remote prior to packing the Guitar Controller.

4. Send the box via traceable means using a shipper that provides a tracking number to our Refund Center listed below. We suggest using UPS 3-day commercial as your refund will include the cost of shipping using this method. We do not recommend using the U.S. Post Office, because they do not provide specific tracking data. This tracking number will be your only proof of delivery.

Guitar Controller
Guitar Strap
Game disc in original clamshell packaging

Please send all contents, including a copy of this form to the following address via UPS 3-day:
Dept # 103709
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Game Refund
1120 W. Warner Rd.
Tempe, AZ 85284

Upon receipt of your package, we will inspect it to ensure that all required items have been included and then process the return. In this instance, no items received in the return package will be sent back to you. We will attempt to process all validated refund requests within 3-4 weeks of receipt by the Refund Center. If your return package is not complete, your entire package will be returned to you with a letter indicating what items were missing. You can view the status of your game refund at activision.rebatestatus.com or by calling 888.788.4931.

It seems like Activision has 2 options for the Dreaded GH3 Mono Disc Fiasco.

Option 1 Send in your Defective disc , wait about a month and get GH3 that really works with Surround Sound.

Option 2 Send in Defective Disc, Guitar, and Strap , and Get $132 .

Yes this means you make out on the deal woooo , Maybe send your GH3 back , wait for the cash , and buy it at $99 again ?

anyways here are the links ....

http://www.activisiongameexchange.com/configurations/ACTIVI/refundoffer.pdf

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-...nMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

GL

Im thinking of maybe sell Both my guitars , and getting the PS3 Version instead ? who knows.

Manny

Manny

Anyone know how much this will cost to ship UPS 3-day?

A local mom n pop store has a few of these from a salvage lot at $69 ea. Might be worth the easy $30 profit.

Thanks a lot! This will help out, now that I'm pretty much done with the game anyway. I didn't like how blurry it was in the first place on my LCD TV. Rather or should have bought the Xbox 360 version...

[quote name='THams']I wonder if I could just drop mine off in person and get $132 since I live 10 mins away from the refund address.[/quote]

I'd assume that address just goes to a lockbox where it's processed by an outside company.. but you can try.

This is awesome. I wound up getting a PS3 afterwards and have been wanting to get GH3 for PS3 instead of Wii, for when I inevitably EVENTUALLY pick up on rock band (two of my friends and I are planning on the infamous tru b2g1 for rock band =] and paying 2/3 price each). Profiting 50$ out of this, not bad at all...

[quote name='THams']I wonder if I could just drop mine off in person and get $132 since I live 10 mins away from the refund address.[/quote]

Nice, I live on Gilbert and Warner, not too far from myself either. Let me know if you have any luck. I could part with it for a ~30$ profit.

Any idea how to tell if it is Mono/Stereo version? I just bought it this weekend at TRU as a gift, now I don't want to give it if I can turn a profit.

Got mine at TRU, and it's due for delivery tomorrow. Wondering if I should get the refund then re-buy. Maybe I'll play it for a while, then when i make myself sick of it, send it back for a refund, then re-buy. :)

[quote name='SnorE']is this legit or no cause i might do that[/QUOTE]

It is true my good friend. It has been several threads about this plus there is a form to just get a replacement disk instead of a refund.

Here is a link to Activision's website about replacement discs: http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=19320

Here is the link to actually register for a replacement disc in case you didn't want to return the whole game: http://www.activisiongameexchange.com/

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Any idea how to tell if it is Mono/Stereo version? I just bought it this weekend at TRU as a gift, now I don't want to give it if I can turn a profit.[/quote]

Yeah, any word on this?

I don't think the Wii version is ever going to get any DLC, even free DLC. It's already missing the three boss songs as normal playable songs, and then the free Aerosmith song.

If you don't already own GH3 buy it , Play it until you get bored of it. You have until August 31 2008 , to return it , thats 6 Months. Then get your money back.

I Plan on returning one of my guitars, with the hope that when RockBand Wii is released , the Guitar will be compatible with GH3 for Multiplayer , and vice versa.

I have until August so I'm not sweating it, in fact returning it will pay for more than half of RockBand Wii.

Damn im cheap.

[quote name='manuelpl']I Plan on returning one of my guitars, with the hope that when RockBand Wii is released , the Guitar will be compatible with GH3 for Multiplayer , and vice versa. [/quote]

Yeah good luck with that

Dammit...I already sent back my disc.

But I guess I wouldn't return the whole thing anyway. It was a surprise Christmas gift from my wife, and she already felt bad enough about the mono thing. If I returned it outright, it'd really hurt her feelings.

[quote name='Tybee']Dammit...I already sent back my disc.

But I guess I wouldn't return the whole thing anyway. It was a surprise Christmas gift from my wife, and she already felt bad enough about the mono thing. If I returned it outright, it'd really hurt her feelings.[/quote]
I'm in the exact same boat. It's stupid, but I also feel totally sleazy returning and rebuying just to make $30. My envelope supposedly mailed out on the 19th, so I should get it soon and I'll just do the disc exchange.

[quote name='mephitical']I'm in the exact same boat. It's stupid, but I also feel totally sleazy returning and rebuying just to make $30. My envelope supposedly mailed out on the 19th, so I should get it soon and I'll just do the disc exchange.[/quote]

To add insult to injury, I ended up getting a 360 last month (at Christmas, I only had a Wii), and would much rather have Rock Band. Oh well. I'm thankful for what I have (including a very thoughtful and patient wife).

Wow... I'm seriously thinking about sending my GH3 in for a refund, I never play it. It's doubly good for me since I got mine for $35. :D

[quote name='Tybee']To add insult to injury, I ended up getting a 360 last month (at Christmas, I only had a Wii), and would much rather have Rock Band. Oh well. I'm thankful for what I have (including a very thoughtful and patient wife).[/QUOTE]

Exact same situation, but I'm switching over to Rock Band.

I played GH3 a few times and was happy with it, but RB on the 360 is so much more appealing.

Thanks for the opportunity, Activision, to let me right my sins.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Yeah good luck with that[/quote]
Actually, since the Rock Band guitars would likely use the Wiimote as the wireless transmitter, it's entirely plausible that RB guitars will be compatible with GH on the Wii, even though they're not on other systems.

[quote name='asiandrz30']how do u know if u need the replacement or a refund[/quote]

It's just a matter of preference. If you want to keep it, get a replacement disc. If you end up buying GH3 for another console because of the issue, or just don't want GH3 anymore, get the refund.

ya prolly get a refund if rock band goes to wii...or wait for my amazon gc then return this one then just buy rock band

[quote name='CombatCraig']Just checked the status of my disc return, and the new one has been shipped.[/quote]
When did you send yours in?

[quote name='mephitical']When did you send yours in?[/QUOTE]

You know I couldn't tell you what day I sent mine in. There's an old thread here somewhere where someone said they got their envelope but I got mine the next day.

I tell you what though, I checked the status of mine this morning and they said it shipped yesterday. Just got the mail and here it is!!!! They overnighted the sucker.

Overall it couldn't have been more than 2 weeks. Def. not the 4-6 they talked about.

*EDIT*

So I think I got my envelope on the 11th or 12th. So maybe it was 3 weeks after all. Either way as soon as they ship it you get it the next day lol

[quote name='CombatCraig']
I tell you what though, I checked the status of mine this morning and they said it shipped yesterday. Just got the mail and here it is!!!! They overnighted the sucker.
[/quote]
Overnighted! Wow! I don't think I've seen details anywhere - did anything else get fixed or changed besides the stereo issue?

[quote name='mephitical']Overnighted! Wow! I don't think I've seen details anywhere - did anything else get fixed or changed besides the stereo issue?[/QUOTE]

Just sound.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Just got the mail and here it is!!!![/quote]How did they package the disc? Paper sleeve in a cardboard sleeve? Any issues with the condition in which you received it? I'd want the disc I get back to be as pristine as the one I send.

[quote name='eugaet'] Paper sleeve in a cardboard sleeve?[/QUOTE]

Paper sleeve in the same kind of envelope we sent it in with. No problems here

Sent my entire game back for a refund, bought one for like 80.00 during a sale at TRU. I've seen some listed on craigslist and such for like 85 and considered buying them and sending them back as well.... but I'm not sure if you can get multiple refunds on multiple games or not.

This refund offer is ideal for the people who bought two for the extra guitar, since the separate guitars are due out soon.

I originally requested the replacement disc several weeks ago(which I still haven't heard anything from), I sent back the whole game pack. For some reason, the whole situation really frustrated me so I was glad to have the option for a refund.

[quote name='deszaras']I originally requested the replacement disc several weeks ago(which I still haven't heard anything from), I sent back the whole game pack. For some reason, the whole situation really frustrated me so I was glad to have the option for a refund.[/quote]

Wait, they let you do this? I just got my replacement disc, but now (with my wife's approval) I'd like to just get the refund if possible. How'd you do it?

[quote name='Tybee']Wait, they let you do this? I just got my replacement disc, but now (with my wife's approval) I'd like to just get the refund if possible. How'd you do it?[/quote]

Read the first post.

[quote name='mguiddy']Read the first post.[/quote]

Thanks, but I'm specifically asking about people who sent their defective discs back, then changed their mind and wanted (or later found out about, as I did) the full refund for sending back the whole package.

[quote name='Tybee']Thanks, but I'm specifically asking about people who sent their defective discs back, then changed their mind and wanted (or later found out about, as I did) the full refund for sending back the whole package.[/quote]

Oh, sorry for the confusion but I hadn't sent my disc back for the exchange. I only requested for them to send the envelope, which hasn't been sent out yet. A few days after I sent the request, I found out about the refund so I contacted Activision to verify the refund was valid. After doing so, I shipped out the full package. I don't think it would be possible to change anything if you've already sent your disc back.

I got replacement mailer on feb 15th sent it in the mail that day. So, hopefully I'll get it here tomorrow or sometime this week.

Also when is Q1 over for the game industry? I googled for results and couldn't find anything. I'm assuming is every three months such as Jan-March, April-June Q2 etc. Since DLC has been promised for Q1 of 08. Just wondering...

Also I'll post if I get mine in the mail and the experience with it too.

I got an e-mail from Activision today letting me know my refund is being processed and the check is estimated to be mailed out on April 1st. So it roughly took a week and a half from the day I shipped it for them to start the refund. I'm pleasantly surprised I've heard from them this soon.

bread's done
Back