Sick of Guitar Hero III on Wii? Get $132 for it. (less shipping)

if one does do the way of the refund, and then chooses to re-purchase GHIII...how would you know if the new bundle you are purchasing comes with the newly re-mastered stereo version of the game? would you then have to then do a disc exchange?

So far people haven't found out if there's any code change on the mono disc and the surround one. Man this is painful. But i'm not giving in and buying for the ps3. I can wait.

This may sound dumb but they really should've waited to release the wii version if they knew there wasn't going to be any surround sound or dlc.

I'm not mad but frustrated by this whole thing. :roll:

I just hope when Rock Band comes out for the wii it will have dlc and character creator and the full online and world modes like the 360 and ps3.

Anyway I still haven't got my disc back yet...

Found out Rock Band was 149 at Sam's around here.

It now resides in my gaming room.

GH3 was told to pack its shit and get the hell out by the end of the week.

Week and a half to process the refund? That sounds good.

Deszaras, may I ask a few questions?

How did you ship it out?
What shipping service (fedex, ups)?
How much did you pay?

Thanks!

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']Week and a half to process the refund? That sounds good.

Deszaras, may I ask a few questions?

How did you ship it out?
What shipping service (fedex, ups)?
How much did you pay?

Thanks![/quote]

I'm glad to help out. I shipped it out ground commercial from UPS(just like the refund paper suggests) and it roughly cost $11. I was pleasantly surprised how cheap the shipping was but I'm in North Carolina so yours would likely be different than mine. Good luck shipping yours off. :D

Got my refund check yesterday. Sent it on Thursday, the 22nd of February. Went ground UPS, as it was as fast as sending it 2-day (I live in Colorado) and it was 1/3 of the cost.

[quote name='deszaras']I'm glad to help out. I shipped it out ground commercial from UPS(just like the refund paper suggests) and it roughly cost $11. I was pleasantly surprised how cheap the shipping was but I'm in North Carolina so yours would likely be different than mine. Good luck shipping yours off. :D[/quote]

Thanks a lot man!

[quote name='mriswyth']Did you just ship it back in the original box? Does that even make a price difference?[/quote]

Well I can imagine that the bigger the box (like the original GH box) would cost more to ship out since the dimensions are bigger than say a smaller box where you can fit everything together in a more compact form.

I was wondering the same thing. Are you guys shipping back everything in the original box or just the components they require in a smaller box?

I sent mine back in it's original box, covered with a layer of newsprint paper(I'm not sure why I even had the paper in the first place) then wrapped in masking tape. Unfortunately all I had was thin masking tape so it looked pretty ugly. I also included 2 copies of the refund form; one was in the guitar hero box and another was taped to the outside underneath the newsprint and tape. I'm not sure if or how the physical dimensions affect the shipping cost but the weight surely would. My package weighed about 5 pounds.

I have another box that is about half the size in which everything fits (tightly), and it was about 2 pounds. I don't want to risk it by not sending it in the original box and have my refund be rejected. I guess i'll just send it in with the original.

The refund form I have specifies that you have to return it by UPS 3-DAY shipping. It also only requires the controller, strap and game, so I will keep the soft case that came with mine. I'll re-buy once the packages with corrected discs are on the shelves.

[quote name='DrMoze']The refund form I have specifies that you have to return it by UPS 3-DAY shipping. It also only requires the controller, strap and game, so I will keep the soft case that came with mine. I'll re-buy once the packages with corrected discs are on the shelves.[/quote]

Actually it states
Send the box via traceable means using a shipper that provides a tracking number to our Refund Center listed below. We suggest using
UPS 3-day commercial as your refund will include the cost of shipping using this method. We do not recommend using the U.S. Post
Office, because they do not provide specific tracking data. This tracking number will be your only proof of delivery.

So all they "require" is that it is shipped via a traceable carrier. UPS 3-day is only a suggestion. Though the way they mention USPS's DC it sounds like it's only for your protection.

And I hate this
Game disc in original clamshell packaging
. I really wanted to send the game in a replacement DVD case so I can finally have a real case for Wii Sports.

I just checked my rebate status on the Activision site and the mail date has moved up from early April to mid-March. Pretty sweet.

Well I got my Replacement disc in the mail today.
This sound is much better. It seems they took the PS3/360 sound track and added it to the wii version.
The music details sounds a lot better too. The missing note sound is also a hell of lot louder so much i had to turn down the wiimote speaker a tad.

There is no downloads tab in the setlist.

But you can hear the audience booing now like in the 360/PS3/PC/Mac versions. Also the audience cheering you when your playing well in the game.

The disc looks the same and has the 2007 copyright.

Any questions?

So has anyone found out if you can still get the money refund if you have sent the disc back and received a replacement already?

[quote name='saber07']So has anyone found out if you can still get the money refund if you have sent the disc back and received a replacement already?[/quote]

I don't think anyone's directly asked, but I suspect the answer is "No."

But if someone finds out, please let the rest of us know. It really bugs me that they only started advertising the full refund as an option several weeks after getting people to jump on the replacement disc. If I had known a full refund was available, there's a good chance I would have gone that route instead.

Well I'm going to find out.

I got rock band for the ps3. Since I was lucky to find a brand new 60 gig sitting at toys r us. ;) I also am planning to get gh3 for the ps 3 too. As well as the nyko frontman guitar since it works for rock band an gh3.

Anyways I just think the wii while the surround sound was nice no dlc for the wii is also dissponiting too.

So, I'm going to send it back tomorrow and see what happens. Even though I already got my replacement disc. I think it was coy of activision, like others posted here to put out the refund offer weeks after the replacement disc offer.

[quote name='rocky435']Well I'm going to find out.

I got rock band for the ps3. Since I was lucky to find a brand new 60 gig sitting at toys r us. ;) I also am planning to get gh3 for the ps 3 too. As well as the nyko frontman guitar since it works for rock band an gh3.

Anyways I just think the wii while the surround sound was nice no dlc for the wii is also dissponiting too.

So, I'm going to send it back tomorrow and see what happens. Even though I already got my replacement disc. I think it was coy of activision, like others posted here to put out the refund offer weeks after the replacement disc offer.[/quote]

I thought about doing that, but didn't want to end up empty handed. Please keep us apprised.

[quote name='Tybee']I thought about doing that, but didn't want to end up empty handed. Please keep us apprised.[/quote]
You really think they'd keep your stuff if something about your submission made it ineligible? The worst that would happen is they'd send it back and you'd be out whatever it cost to ship.

Woot! I got the rebate check yesterday after they mailed it out on the 19th. So, it took less than a month since I sent it back. Much quicker than I thought it would turn out being.

Just got a free faceplate from Activision/RedOctane. :hot:

Dear Valued Activision/RedOctane Customer,

You recently received a Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock Wii replacement disc. To show our appreciation for your patience during the re-mastering and manufacturing phase of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock for the Wii, enclosed is a complementary Guitar Hero faceplate from Activision/RedOctane.

If you have any questions or need any additional support regarding the re-mastered Wii disc, please don't hesitate to contact Activision Customer Support at www.activision.com/support. Once again, thank you for supporting Guitar Hero.

Sincerely,

Activision/RedOctane

I wish I would have done the other rebate because I really wanna get rock band now. I didn't find out about the other rebate until I already shipped out the game for a replacement disc :cry:

[quote name='bossman']I wish I would have done the other rebate because I really wanna get rock band now. I didn't find out about the other rebate until I already shipped out the game for a replacement disc :cry:[/quote]

We're starting a support group. Just have a seat in the circle. There's coffee in the corner. :roll:

I sent mine back over a week ago (UPS shows it was delivered what will be a week ago tomorrow morning) but my refund has yet to show up at the rebatestatus site. Should I call them or not worry about it?

I'm loving Rock Band in the mean time!

[quote name='Darklighter']I sent mine back over a week ago (UPS shows it was delivered what will be a week ago tomorrow morning) but my refund has yet to show up at the rebatestatus site. Should I call them or not worry about it?

I'm loving Rock Band in the mean time![/quote]

It took about a week or so for it to show up on their site from what i remember.

I just sent mine out today for a refund.

UPS Ground for me was only $8.62 and the guy told me that it would get there by Tuesday. I'll be checking to see when my refund status gets updated.

[quote name='JJSP']Bought it at Goodwill for $50. Sent it to Nintendo for $132. Win. :)[/quote]
Nintendo?

So I contacted Activision before I bought GH3 to see if the new discs had made it to retail. They said no. Then I bought it and, bam, new disc. It's a shame because I hadn't played the GH games before so I didn't know if I'd even like it (not $95 worth at least).

Anyone have experiences with sending back a remastered disc?

I know this is a long shot, but I have the remastered disc... if you have the mono disc and want the remaster I would swap... no wait time for you (I'll send first if you have some feedback) and then I can get my money back!

[quote name='JJSP']Activision/Nintendo/Microsoft/Jesus.

Pretty much all the same. ;)[/QUOTE]

Wrong. We all know Microsoft owns Jesus. And pays him very poorly. Dude can't get a haircut or a nice pair of jeans.

[quote name='WiiNet']I know this is a long shot, but I have the remastered disc... if you have the mono disc and want the remaster I would swap... no wait time for you (I'll send first if you have some feedback) and then I can get my money back![/quote]

Don't bother. If you've already done the swap, I doubt they'd let you do the refund, even if you send them a mono disc.

My GH3 was delivered to Activision on Tuesday, the 15th and they just updated my refund status today:

We have received your submission and it is being processed. The estimated mail date for your check is 06-May-2008.

:)

Picked this up at Goodwill for $39.99 thanks to this thread. I just got my $132 in the mail and spent most of the money made on a second Les Paul for my 360. :) Thanks, CAG.

I'm happy to hear the turnaround is relatively fast on these - I snagged one during the Amazon deal using credit to replace my mono copy and I'll be sending the old one in on Monday. I like that it's making me think about playing again, because I really had a lot of fun with this (my first GH game). That, and I will use some of the profit to buy Boom Blox, which I am way to excited about.

I'm trying to decide if I should send my GH3 disc back to get the replacement disc or just get the refund on the whole thing.

Last generation, my house was a Dreamcast and Gamecube joint, but when the first Guitar Hero came out we got a PS2. Overall though, we didn't get many PS2 games; when Guitar Hero 2 came out we got that, and Katamari Damacy and a few other quirky games, but generally we weren't too interested in the PS2.

This generation we have the Wii of course, but no interest at all in 360, and only a very mild interest in the PS3. As such, I preordered GH3 from Red Octane and received it when it came out. I knew about the stereo issue but until now I sort of was too busy to deal with it when I first hear the news but now I'm ready to do something, just trying to figure out which option to take.

Originally I hoped GH3 would do well enough on Wii they might rerelease GH1 and 2 for the Wii as well so I could sell off my PS2 stuff and consolidate on one machine. We're also interested in Rock Band and hoped that would come out for Wii and have compatible guitars, so I could have GH3+Guitar and RB+Whole Kit to have a one console, dual guitar setup and rock nirvana and all of that.

Here's my list of points:
-- I really want a Rock Band setup (I have a built in band at home with my kids ready to play other parts).
-- I'd like to have a complete music game setup on one console so we don't have a lot of redundant guitars. Ideally I'd have GH1, GH2, GH3, and RB (and future sequels that interest us) all on the same system.
-- Sort of want both GH and RB series just to have a wide amount of songs. It's possible once I got into RB that maybe I'd decide I didn't need GH anymore. (Which is one reason I'm considering sending the whole GH3 set back.)
-- I'd like to be wireless as much as possible. Right now we have one wired guitar for PS2's GH1 and 2, and wired isn't as much fun as wireless.
-- Would like to retire PS2 if possible to reduce equipment clutter
-- PS3 has been hard to justify; blu-ray helps a bit, cost of console and $60 games for PS3 suck, and not many games on PS3 interest us. Out of the top 20 games on metacritic for PS3, only interested in Rock Band, Portal (but not the rest of Orange Box), Burnout Paradise, and skate; the only upcoming thing that has caught my eye is Little Big Planet.
- Even if I got a PS3, my understanding is GH1 and 2 won't play right on any version of PS3's backwards compatibility?
-- Don't care a lot about online gaming, DLC mildly interests me, but I suspect if the Wii doesn't get its act together on that it might mean more discs releases for additional songs to make up the difference, which if true would be fine with me.

Sorry this is all sort of rambling; any advice anyone can give would be appreciated.

bread's done
Back