Sick of Guitar Hero III on Wii? Get $132 for it. (less shipping)

Kiril - I don't really know what to say as far as advice goes. Do you enjoy the game? If so, I think you should keep it since you already have it and just do the disc exchange to get the new disc. Can you put a dollar amount on your enjoyment of it?

I was in a similar position, decided to keep it and then the Amazon deal came up. I'm still waiting on my rebate check (my old one was delivered to Activision this week), but I've had the new disc for a week now and it does sound noticably better. We had another couple over this weekend who also had a guitar and we had a lot of good two-player matches.

[quote name='Miranda']My refund check was mailed out on May 5th and I got it in the mail today.:)[/quote]
Do you know if it was mailed around the same time they estimated? For whatever reason, mine is not set to be mailed until 5/26. I was kind of hoping to get it in time to blow on Wii Fit and We Ski.

*Edit* Never mind - I just read back and saw that they mailed it pretty close to when it was estimated. Oh well, I guess I could always spend real money on Wii Fit if I need it right away.

mephitical,

Keep checking the site. My rebate was originally slated for 5/20/08, but the other day it suddenly changed to 5/12/08. I'm glad, too, because it's paying for WiiFit. The unfortunate part is that I thought I'd save on the shipping be sending it out with my company's UPS shipment, but I got a friendly email reminder that I have to reimburse them for a "personal shipment." Oh well, it's only $12. I'll still net $35 in my pocket for a game I completed several times.

[quote name='Weezknight']mephitical,

Keep checking the site. My rebate was originally slated for 5/20/08, but the other day it suddenly changed to 5/12/08. I'm glad, too, because it's paying for WiiFit. The unfortunate part is that I thought I'd save on the shipping be sending it out with my company's UPS shipment, but I got a friendly email reminder that I have to reimburse them for a "personal shipment." Oh well, it's only $12. I'll still net $35 in my pocket for a game I completed several times.[/quote]
My rebate just got moved up 10 days to the 16th! Wii Fit, here I come! You will soon be added to my giant stack of plastic accessories, right under my Guitar Hero guitar! Exclamation! Point!

I got an email that said my check was sent precisely on the day they expected it to go out (5/12/08). I should have it my hands by the end of the week. Then I'll have to be patient and try not to spend it until next week when my WiiFit preorder comes in!

What have you guys been using for the packaging? It says on the form that it's okay to use the original box, but that seems kinda weird...

[quote name='rygar']What have you guys been using for the packaging? It says on the form that it's okay to use the original box, but that seems kinda weird...[/quote]
I used the original box minus a lot of the cardboard on the inside (I substituted lighter packaging peanuts) and the outer sleeve. I just taped it shut and taped over the game slot.

Guys, can I put the address to Activision in Sharpie on the original box?

Or do I have to use some shipping label? Sorry, I've never shipped something before lol.

Does anyone know for sure how to tell a remastered disc from an old one? Google shows a variety of things but some contradict others. IE some people say the new boxes say Dolby Pro Logic II on them but ones I have that are old say that (and I know they were before fix) In fact both external boxes and both games disc boxes on the outside are the same. I read somewhere that the new discs have a star on them..is that true?

Edited Never mind. I opened the disc I thought was new and it does have the star on the disc. Any way to tell without breaking the shrink wrap?

Wow, I totally forgot about this. I almost missed out, I almost sold this for $40 thank god I didn't. I'm going to UPS tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live like 30 minutes away from the office, but they wouldn't let me drop it off xD.

Anyways, I shipped it on Monday, it arrived there Tuesday.

Then for 2 days nothing appeared on the return status, so I started getting worried.

However, just today, they said they received it and such =].

:( But I'm expected to receive my check on September 17th.

I like 30 fucking minutes away! :*(

This thread reminded me I have to cash my check. I had the newer version with the star on the disc but the game was defective as the sound was messed up (kept skipping), so I sent it back and they accepted it

I sent my disc back for a replacement on Tuesday (via Certified Mail) and the tracking (USPS) doesn't show it got there yet.. I'm a bit nervous since I'm in CA and the address is AZ-- I know the refund company wouldn't have it in their system yet but it seems like it should've been delivered...

hrrm...

I shipped mine out today. I hope they accept it since this is a holiday weekend and it likely won't officially ship until Tuesday. Now I just have to find a cheap deal to buy a good copy of the game. I wish the PS3 guitars were cross game compatible. I would just buy it for the PS3 since I have RB already...

O=

The rebate status now says that the estimated mail date of my check is now September 9th, 2008.

They lowered it by 8 days. Cool! xD

Mine is still in transit. I had bought it about 3 months ago at retail and didn't have the new star version, so I took this opportunity to send it back in.

Its a good thing for them to do this, but I wonder how much it skewed the Wii sales, or if its irritated them due tot he amount of inevitable returns...

My disc finally showed up as delivered by the USPS and in Activision's system (No ETA for mailing the fixed disc). At least I know they got it in time, only took about 7 days to mail a CD from CA to AZ... :p

They had mine listed as a 9/29 refund then it promptly went to 9/15 and now it says its still pending with no estimated date available.... Given its 09/15/08 I am hoping its in the mail today.

WOAH, got my replacement disc today... being as it only got delivered to them on 9/7, and they got my replacement in the mail on 9/12, that's pretty amazing.

I didn't get my "please don't continue to sue us" free faceplate though-- do those come separately?

[quote name='Justin42']I didn't get my "please don't continue to sue us" free faceplate though-- do those come separately?[/quote]

I never received a faceplate. Sent my game disc in for replacement around May or June. Took several weeks to get.

[quote name='Snake2715']They had mine listed as a 9/29 refund then it promptly went to 9/15 and now it says its still pending with no estimated date available.... Given its 09/15/08 I am hoping its in the mail today.[/QUOTE]

My mailing date disappeared as well...

bread's done
Back