Sid Meier's Civilization V Amazon $24.99 DD

Definitely worth it if you like turn based strategy games. Wait times in between turns is a bit long, and check the minimum specs, it is a resource hog.

Bought it from Amazon. Stopped download. Went into steam, registered game, and pasted the key. So now it's downloading inside of steam.

so theoretically this should be giftable as well, yes? i can just purchase it and then have the recipient enter the key in their steam account? can anyone confirm?

Good find OP. Pricing on Civ 5 is finally starting to soften up. Coincidentally, the most recent patches have really improved the game. But I agree with Kayati - it requires a newer computer to play and not get frustrated during the later parts of the game. Recommended specs area Quad Core CPU and ATI 4800 or nVidia 9800 or better.

On the upside, Civ is released on a 5-year cycle. If you don't have this kind of computer today, it will wait for you until your next upgrade.:lol:

Wait, if I buy this on Amazon, I can download it through Steam and run it through Steam?
Is it obvious how to do this? I barely understand how Steam works.
Also, what would be the benefit of doing it through Steam as opposed to Amazon?

Sorry for all the Q's....

[quote name='AoA']Wait, if I buy this on Amazon, I can download it through Steam and run it through Steam?
Is it obvious how to do this? I barely understand how Steam works.
Also, what would be the benefit of doing it through Steam as opposed to Amazon?

Sorry for all the Q's....[/QUOTE]

not only can you run it through steam, you must!

civ v is a steamworks title... basically it uses steam in place of other drm. i believe (someone correct me if i'm wrong) that you have the option of downloading from amazon or from steam, but either way you'll need to activate it through steam to actually play.

bread's done
Back