Sid Meier's Civilization V - Windows - Special Edition $14.50 - BB

pyoobez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didn't see a thread for this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sid+Mei...3226017&skuId=1255077&st=sid meiers&lp=6&cp=1

Special Edition gives you more ways to rule and live the game, with an exclusive inside look in the bonus DVD Behind-the-Scenes at Firaxis on Civilization V, a two-disc soundtrack, five metal figurines and a 176-page hardcover art book

Metal figurines, based on units from Civilization V, are artfully crafted by Reaper Miniatures

in 4 one

thought of waiting for the goty edition, but that doesn't have the korea dlc, so i'll wait even more for the complete edition.

[quote name='miroresh']Can I activate this on Steam?[/QUOTE]

It's steamworks

[quote name='miroresh']Wow, I wait 2 minutes and its sold out lol![/QUOTE]

It's not sold out, the link in the OP doesn't work for me but when I search Civilization V it comes up.

[quote name='RainFall']It's sold out.[/QUOTE]
Still available for store pickup at several stores in my area (Los Angeles)
Grabbed one for a gift. Buddy of mine loves Civ and just got a PC that should run it.

They updated their website. Try again, I was able to order mine.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sid Meier's Civilization V Special Edition - Windows
SKU: 1255077

Scheduled for store pickup
(We will e-mail you a pickup confirmation)

Pick up on: 11/21/2011
We'll hold until: 11/29/2011

No confirmation yet but at least this time it went through.

Damn, not available for shipping to any of the stores near me. Figures, this is one I really wanted...wonder if it's the same price in-store?

Updated email:
-------------------------

QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
1 Sid Meier's Civilization V Special Edition-Windows
SKU: 1255077

Kimball & Belmont Il
3262 W BELMONT AVE
CHICAGO, IL 60618

Confirming store inventory at KIMBALL & BELMONT IL.
Estimated Pickup Date: 11/21/2011

And order declined...
-------------------------------

We're sorry, but the item you ordered is not available for pickup at the KIMBALL & BELMONT IL Best Buy store #1777.

when this deal first went live it showed not available for in store pickup at any of my local stores (Which makes sense because I haven't seen it since it first dropped to $49.99) and then an hour later it showed available at ALL my local stores which must be a glitch.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Because your late to the party?[/QUOTE]

No, because their website sucks. Everything says in-stock at store, but you click and of course the system has a glich specifying there was a error.

Check it ourself and apologize later!

[quote name='binici']No, because their website sucks. Everything says in-stock at store, but you click and of course the system has a glich specifying there was a error.

Check it ourself and apologize later![/QUOTE]

Maybe its because there is so much traffic from CAGs and Slickdealers.

man I am really trying to buy this to pickup in store but good lord the early BF traffic is killing the website. Sooooooo hard

EDIT: Grrrr.... Someone picked up my local store's copy before I had a chance to checkout with it due to the damn lag. Thankfully there's another in a nearby store, but damn I hate best buy right now lol

EDIT EDIT: Ok nevermind. Apparently all the stores near me said they were "in stock" but when I tried to add to cart, it changed to "unavailable" LAME

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Maybe its because there is so much traffic from CAGs and Slickdealers.[/QUOTE]

Their website is soooooo slow right now. I best call the stores around then. LOL, good old fashion calling the stores!

[quote name='binici']Their website is soooooo slow right now. I best call the stores around then. LOL, good old fashion calling the stores![/QUOTE]

Enjoy being a doofus and not getting your product. Here's how your conversation is going to go:

You: "Hi, do you have any copies of Civilization V special edition?"

Worker: "Yeah, it looks like we have one left"

You: "Ok, awesome, thank you"

Worker: *Hmm, I wonder why he was specifically calling for this. OH SHIT, its 14$, I'm totally putting this aside for myself, I loved this game*

Then you don't get it. Never call.

[quote name='baz8771']Enjoy being a doofus and not getting your product. Here's how your conversation is going to go:

Worker: *Hmm, I wonder why he was specifically calling for this. OH SHIT, its 14$, I'm totally putting this aside for myself, I loved this game*

Then you don't get it. Never call.[/QUOTE]

LOL, don't hate! I just picked it up from the store. Thank god a woman picked up and put it on the side for me. The store was 2mns away from work =)

Thanks for the tip gang! Walked into my local BB after picking up the woman and got two brand new copies of this for $14.50. They were eyeing me as I walked through the aisles...probably wondering why the hell I had them stacked in my arms and figured out it was clearanced!

Nooo! At first BB site says I can have it ship to store, but once I click on the button then it says UNAVAILABLE. I really want to get this. You guys think it might be in store if I just walk in and check?

[quote name='ceve2001']Nooo! At first BB site says I can have it ship to store, but once I click on the button then it says UNAVAILABLE. I really want to get this. You guys think it might be in store if I just walk in and check?[/QUOTE]

That's how I scored mine, although it did say available for ship to store. Go check unless it's far off.

[quote name='Masume']That's how I scored mine, although it did say available for ship to store. Go check unless it's far off.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I'm going out later to check.

[quote name='ceve2001']Sweet! I'm going out later to check.[/QUOTE]

Call that store because it might mean they have one or two copies still floating around the store. I was almost pissed off when I went to customer service and told them I had it on hold. The cute girl was clueless and thank GOD her boss told her where the game was being stored.

The store I went to had three guys camping out, a lot of clearance crap scathered around the store and most aisles were already a mess!

Funny, I've had my eye on civ V since I picked up Civ III + civcity rome from Target for 2.50, I head down to my local BB to see about this and Bioshock 2 CE, no Bioshock and I pick up the only copy they had out on the floor of civ v. also left a guy stranded in a large puddle...

I ordered Civ 5 online and chose to have it shipped in the morning. Right now late at night, i went to my Target to pick up SC2 and BB was near it.
Damn it. I should have chose to have it picked up by me.

Now, i have to play the waiting game =/

Thanks OP, just picked up the last copy at my local BB. I had been checking on it when stopping in on occassion, but was still $99. Going to wait and see if steam does anything crazy, but am looking forward to finally getting around to V.

I already own the game (regular) but good lord I'm tempted to get this just because of all the extras. I certainly don't NEED it, but man is it tempting me. I want this to go OOS so the temptation goes away! I'm trying to save my $$ for all the sales coming up.

Its like when you own a movie on DVD, then re-buy the special DVD version, and then re-buy it on blu-ray. Arrrgh!

[quote name='callmewoof']I want this to go OOS so the temptation goes away![/QUOTE]

Umm... it IS OOS. The "Add to cart" button is only there on the off chance that you have a store in your area that has one, but not many do. Yesterday a glitch caused almost every store to show stock when there actually wasn't. My order is in limbo right now on the hopes that one will magicly appear somewhere.

If you ARE able to get one then friggin' do it!

Might as well explain it in this thread like all the other BBY threads

Just push through checkout and it will let you chip it. Keep check stores checked and just hit check out

[quote name='dmdragon']Might as well explain it in this thread like all the other BBY threads

Just push through checkout and it will let you chip it. Keep check stores checked and just hit check out[/QUOTE]

Not going to work if all stores around you are unavailable

[quote name='appleyum']Not going to work if all stores around you are unavailable[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, I have ordered 2 things so far that say only available for store pickup, neither had any at a store near me. Both got shipped free. Halo Reach SE and TFU2 SE

In case you don't believe me, I did this 3 minutes ago

Untitled-1.jpg

[quote name='dmdragon']Yes it does, I have ordered 2 things so far that say only available for store pickup, neither had any at a store near me. Both got shipped free. Halo Reach SE and TFU2 SE

[/QUOTE]

I was able to order it the same way. I didn't select any store to pick up from... Is it a glitch in their system? The order will probably end up getting cancelled.

Just ordered one for the hell of it even though I know it's going to get cancelled. Have wanted this for quite some time now..

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, I just got mine the the mail and this thing is beat up to heck. Not even because of shipping.

This was obviously a leftover store copy as its been totally mangled by the dreaded spider-wrap security thing.

I kind of want a replacement but I'm not sure how BB handles these things, and I almost feel kind of silly given how cheap it was. That and there might not even be anymore stock

[quote name='dmdragon']Yes it does, I have ordered 2 things so far that say only available for store pickup, neither had any at a store near me. Both got shipped free. Halo Reach SE and TFU2 SE

Untitled-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Awesome! But I'd appreciate some help, because I'm not getting this to work myself...

Is there a thread that explains this better? Are there conditions, like "only works with Firefox" or "you need a new account and cleared cache?" I'm pushing through, but it tells me "Shipping: Not available" and asks me to select a store in my area for pickup...

[quote name='baz8771']Enjoy being a doofus and not getting your product. Here's how your conversation is going to go:

Then you don't get it. Never call.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because I'm sure then 19 year old female at customer service wants the PC games I buy.

[quote name='cRodz']Mine arrived too but it is in nice condition!

Are the contents ok?[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear yours arrived okay. I haven't opened it totally just in case BB can get me a replacement or something. But nothing sounds like its broken, the box is pretty sturdy. But it still looks like the guys in the warehouse used it as a giant rectangular hockey puck. The slipcover that goes over it is pretty much wasted.

It's still nowhere near the same deal but I ordered it a while back at GameStop for 70 which is the only place I could find it. Oddly, the only BB near me that even had a copy sold it while I was waiting for a clearance.

[quote name='n64ra']damn, mine's backordered![/QUOTE]

The site says its not available for shipping yet gives me an option of ship to store. Say what?

[quote name='Romeo']The site says its not available for shipping yet gives me an option of ship to store. Say what?[/QUOTE]

Try it!

bread's done
Back