Sid Mier's Pirates (Xbox) $11.99 amazon.com

[quote name='mikeyg76']is it BC with xbox 360?
Thanks op![/QUOTE]

Yessir, this one's compatible; a very reasonable price for fun game.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but Pirates is no longer backwards compatible with the Xbox 360. It used to be, but was removed from the list some time ago.

I've been waiting for it to make its way back to the list ever since. If you don't have a regular xbox, you might want to hold off on this one, or at least realize you won't be playing it 360-style.

Well that's just craptastic! How can a game "used to be compatible, but now it isn't"?

I just checked the list, and you sir are right, it's not on the frickin list. Glad I checked as I never play my hacked XB anymore. This would have been a great game to add to my 360 collection.

[quote name='Synergy']Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but Pirates is no longer backwards compatible with the Xbox 360. It used to be, but was removed from the list some time ago.

I've been waiting for it to make its way back to the list ever since. If you don't have a regular xbox, you might want to hold off on this one, or at least realize you won't be playing it 360-style.[/QUOTE]

I picked this up last December at the TRU sale for 10 dollars. It's probably the most fun I've had playing a game this year.

[quote name='hotwls13']Well that's just craptastic! How can a game "used to be compatible, but now it isn't"? [/QUOTE]

Because it was poorly emulated and suffers through massive problems. Also see Mortal Kombat Deception

Thanks...I've been trying to pick this game up (cheap) for some time now. I also bought Shadow of Rome for 14.99 (and it ships in 24 hours this time).

Just buy the game. Trust me, it's awesome.

BTW, this is the reason I still have my old XBox. I'm not trusting emulation anytime soon.

[quote name='psunami']The price is up to $14.99 now.[/quote]

The price is back to $11.99 as of this post.

[quote name='Sku Rhim']Yessir, this one's compatible; a very reasonable price for fun game.[/QUOTE]

fuck!

Well, I stand corrected.

This game really is fun for at least a single go through. At that price you'll be able to play it, enjoy it to hell, and then trade or sell it away to at least break even.

Buy it damnit!

I played deep into the story and then hit a map bug and couldn't find one of my relatives because the where they 'were' was completely inaccessible. Haven't picked it up again, but I plan to someday.

I didn't know it ever *was* on the BC list. I am interested in this game, but don't have the original Xbox. Do I dare buy it in the hopes that it will be BC eventually???

[quote name='psunami']Just wanted to let people know but Pirates isn't on the backward compatibility list anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Just wanted to post the info in case that would bother anyone. I already bought my copy... but I might wait until it's back on the list before I start it up.[/QUOTE]

Finally got a copy of this game. The the CC sale came around and I miss it during that sale. I grabbed this one and the great 2 day free shipping (amazon prime trail).

[quote name='BrerDan']I didn't know it ever *was* on the BC list. I am interested in this game, but don't have the original Xbox. Do I dare buy it in the hopes that it will be BC eventually???[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. I've never played this game, but from what MS is saying, they aren't planning on making very many more games (if any) more BC. They said they overdelivered and underpromised on BC, so they are pretty happy with it.

So, I wouldn't buy anything with the hopes of it being BC (unless it was a buck or 2, then, if it never is, who cares).

[quote name='lordxixor101']I wouldn't. I've never played this game, but from what MS is saying, they aren't planning on making very many more games (if any) more BC. They said they overdelivered and underpromised on BC, so they are pretty happy with it.
[/QUOTE]

That was Peter Moore who said that, and he later backtracked on that.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/712/712123p1.html

Pirates was compatible at one point... and probably will be again at some point. There have been a few titles that have been on the list, taken off, and then put back on again. I can't recall which at this moment though.

I'm a HUGE fan of Sid Meier's Pirate games (I played them first on the C=64, and it's always been on my Top 10 Games Of All Time list). I defnitely prefer the PC version at $20, since it looks and plays a tad bit better. But if you don't have the machine to run it, the Xbox version is very, very good, and has some nifty extra features and modes, including a multiplayer ship battle game. You can't really go wrong with either.

I played the PC version (I was lucky to get it at Target when they had that price drop glitch). The first seven hours were among the most fun and addictive gameplay I've ever experienced, however I haven't played it since. But definitely worth it at that price.

bread's done
Back