SideKick II +$50 to you AR w/free 2 day shipping ($150 + $200 rebates) at Amazon

dat's so tite. but if I got that it would only save mine parents $10 a month for removing me off the family plan,

-_-

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Tempting...it's that or the Motorola A630. Can't decide. Someone sway me...[/QUOTE]

I have the a630 with Tmobile. I was in the same predicament as you and Im happy on what I decided. The a630 is tight as hell. The keypad is very responsive, the speakerphone is one of the best Ive heard, the camera is pretty good for a cellphone one, the screen is really good looking and can be seen pretty good even with glare, and it has bluetooth. My favorite thing about it is how easy it is to get things like pix and ringtones between the phone and computer via bluetooth. You can put MP3 songs on the phone as well. It will play full songs. I usually have around 15 to 20 ringtones on my phone in 64k quality that are anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute long. They sound really good, much better than any other ringtones Ive heard and better yet, I still have room on the phone for pix.

Ive used a Sidekick II as well and its not bad but to be honest, its not real cool to use as a phone and its bulky as hell. The a630 is very sturdy and small and you dont have to have it open to talk with...having it open just makes it speakerphone. Im the only person with the a630 Ive ever seen and judging from what others say about it at skool, that applies to them as well. All I get is crazy compliments.

You wont be sorry choosing it...

Yeah, I made my friend buy one this weekend. Pretty solid deal...I'm a big fan of the Sidekick II, despite those awful commercials with Snoop and Paris.

Thats me - it should be here today or tomorrow.
I hope it gets me a lot of ladies - or I really enjoy the text and instant messaging capabilities.
One or the other will be fine.

I've got a question about these amazon phone deals. I am an existing T-Mobile customer, but not under contract. Can I get in on these deals and still keep my same phone number without a hassle? I've asked a T-Mobile rep and they said that I can't and that those deals are for new customers only. I don't see why I couldn't though given all the hype about switching providers and keeping your number.

[quote name='CheapyD']Item #2 on the rebate form answers your question.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much. That sucks! I thought I read somewhere that is costs phone companies more to lose an existing customer than to establish a new one. If that is true, I don't see why existing customers always get the shaft on these deals. Sure we get upgrade discounts, but they are never as good as the new customer prices. Oh well. Thanks!

[quote name='broke']Thats me - it should be here today or tomorrow.
I hope it gets me a lot of ladies - or I really enjoy the text and instant messaging capabilities.
One or the other will be fine.[/QUOTE]

So broke, would you say your love life has really stepped up since you got your SideKick II? :rofl:

Net/net I stepped on it and now its all f'ed up.
It works but lets just say it is no longer the eye-catching technologically sophisticated device that it once was.
I will provide more information later on my attempts to get a replacement - looks grim.
Any one have any suggestions? I ordered it from Amazon and have had it for about 2 weeks...

i got a new phone over the weekend cause my old one broke...

c225.jpg

it was like 20 bucks or something like that... i but i did it through the operator, not a store

[quote name='Briand1987']I have the a630 with Tmobile. I was in the same predicament as you and Im happy on what I decided. The a630 is tight as hell. The keypad is very responsive, the speakerphone is one of the best Ive heard, the camera is pretty good for a cellphone one, the screen is really good looking and can be seen pretty good even with glare, and it has bluetooth. My favorite thing about it is how easy it is to get things like pix and ringtones between the phone and computer via bluetooth. You can put MP3 songs on the phone as well. It will play full songs. I usually have around 15 to 20 ringtones on my phone in 64k quality that are anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute long. They sound really good, much better than any other ringtones Ive heard and better yet, I still have room on the phone for pix.

Ive used a Sidekick II as well and its not bad but to be honest, its not real cool to use as a phone and its bulky as hell. The a630 is very sturdy and small and you dont have to have it open to talk with...having it open just makes it speakerphone. Im the only person with the a630 Ive ever seen and judging from what others say about it at skool, that applies to them as well. All I get is crazy compliments.

You wont be sorry choosing it...[/QUOTE]

I like the a630 alot. That said my girlfriend and I have both had some problems with random hard lock-ups sometimes servere ones. Mine went completely dead after one of these and I had to send it in for an exchange. Hers required her to remove the battery and sim card to fix it. If they get the firmware for the a630 right then this will be my favorite cel so far (Some old Erickson Brick of a phone, the pre-3360 free nokia? 5125 maybe? , 3360, T610, a630) but if this one dies I can't deal with having it and will most likely go for a sidekick 2.

bread's done
Back