Sierra PC Compilations (Kings, Space, Police Quest, LS Larry) on sale at Amazon

[quote name='FantasiaWHT']*starts chanting*

QUEST FOR GLORY COMPILATION!
QUEST FOR GLORY COMPILATION!
QUEST FOR GLORY COMPILATION![/quote]

!!!! YYYYEEEEESSS!

[quote name='vietgurl']i have all of these; they contain dosbox.

i'm not kidding...[/QUOTE]

Yea, Sierra dropped the ball on all of these games.

I saw the box at EB... the box is INCREDIBLY light, all it has in it is just a CD I think .

thanks cheapy, been waiting for a drop on these... been wanting to replay these pc classics from when i was a kid! now they just need a compilation for their dynamix games (willy beamish, heart of china) and for heros quest (razzle dazzle root beer)!

[quote name='Strell']So these actually came out?

It was about a year when we had these posted.[/QUOTE]

yup, preorder from amazon just showed up at my door one day. yes, each compilation only has 1 cd which contains all of the games (in dosbox format....) and the manuals in pdf format. nothing was remade :(

I hear from CGW that these releases are busted. Missing games in the series, poor emulation. Such a shame. These games deserve better.

Just a heads up, most (if not all) of these games are on gametap, so if you subscribed to that for Sam & Max save your money.

i remember typing in swear words, like fuck during KQ3 and getting the witty responses. LOL, thinking about it...after Guidion(alexander) escapes from Mannahan he can go to a bar on the docks, where you a busty blonde is serving booze. I remember my bro typing in the dirtiest stuff(dirty for a 10-12 yr old) and getting the response along the lines of, " ...didn't your mother teach you how to treat a lady?"

Yeh hoe....taught me how to slap em'!

loved those games; loved them.:bouncy:

Doesn't surprise me. Once upon a time, Sierra On-Line produced quality products, back in the days when Ken and Roberta Williams, Al Lowe, Two Guys from Andromida, etc. were around, that would not have happened.

Now, Sierra just means being part of a larger group of software houses, while churning out EA-ish crap. See what happened to the last Leisure Suit Larry? I liked the game, but it just wasn't a Larry game. :( The whole Al Lowe thing does really suck though. :(

It's really sad, these are games that defined the adventure game genre IMHO. Sierra's "3d Animated Adventure Games" deserve Blizzard like collector's editions.

[quote name='vietgurl']yup, preorder from amazon just showed up at my door one day. yes, each compilation only has 1 cd which contains all of the games (in dosbox format....) and the manuals in pdf format. nothing was remade :([/QUOTE]

Well, the only way to combat this sort of thing is to buy whatever quality adventure games appear on the horizon. Sam Suede is coming from Al Lowe, Telltale games will put out the Sam and Max episodes, and there's the occassional DS adventure game.

But yea. Sierra as a husk of its former development glory is sad.

bread's done
Back