SIG Electronics (Starting Nov 1) 34.99 "Or Less" Sale: Some Newer Games

PapaLau

CAGiversary!
"Blu-Ray & Video Game Sale Starting on November 1st"

Blu-Rays 16.99 or less
Video Games 34.99 or less

http://www.sigelectronics.com/Video-Games-Hardware

$9.99 flat rate shipping & handling (could be what makes this luke-warm). If you are in the GTA they have stores in Richmond Hill, Heartland, and Pacific Mall

Below is what is in the flyer, with the console version shown. Their site has more titles.

$34.99 Or Less:
Fifa 12 (PS3)
Black Ops (PS3)
Madden 12 (360)
Mario Sports Mix
Alice Madness Returns (PS3)
NHL 12 (PS3, 360)
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360)
Infamous 2
NBA 2K12 (360)
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Lego Star Wars III (Wii)

Yeah, this would've been great if the S&H wasn't so bad.

Great if you can make your way to one of their stores without much hassle, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VetraX']Yeah, this would've been great if the S&H wasn't so...for lack of a better word...gay.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you could find a better word than that. ಠ_ಠ

[quote name='WillGabriel']I'm sure you could find a better word than that. ಠ_ಠ[/QUOTE]

Oh who cares about political correctness?

Gay Gay Gay.

Never heard of SIG until now but I noticed they're selling Fable II for $40. It's not even the Platinum Hits edition either. SIG Electronics = gay.

Good price for inFamous 2. I got it for that price during the BBV closing sale, so this is the cheapest it's been since release. I didn't look up how much the shipping is though.

[quote name='king_bronx']Good price for inFamous 2. I got it for that price during the BBV closing sale, so this is the cheapest it's been since release. I didn't look up how much the shipping is though.[/QUOTE]

It was $40 at either BB or FS two weeks ago.

Wow, I really thought CAG was a mature community. Why stop at gay? Why not start using the n-word or any other extremely offensive word in place of 'stupid'? Just grow up and stop using the word in that context.

[quote name='jon0592']Wow, I really thought CAG was a mature community. Why stop at gay? Why not start using the n-word or any other extremely offensive word in place of 'stupid'? Just grow up and stop using the word in that context.[/QUOTE]

Butthurt by a three letter word?

Using the word gay in the same manner as stupid has become disassociated with anything to do with homosexuality in the minds of most of the people saying it.
It's like how people say something is lame without having any prejudice against the crippled.

[quote name='Gerwich']Using the word gay in the same manner as stupid has become disassociated with anything to do with homosexuality in the minds of most of the people saying it.
It's like how people say something is lame without having any prejudice against the crippled.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='jon0592']Butthurt by your immaturity.[/QUOTE]
/butthurt

Except that "lame" is not a current term used to describe the physically handicapped. They refer themselves as the physically handicapped.

Gay on the other hand is a current term used by Gay people to describe themselves.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']It was $40 at either BB or FS two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware of the shipping price, as I didn't care to look.

Still, 35$ is still the cheapest price the game has been yet. So, my original statement is still true.

[quote name='jon0592']Except that "lame" is not a current term used to describe the physically handicapped. They refer themselves as the physically handicapped.

Gay on the other hand is a current term used by Gay people to describe themselves.[/QUOTE]

No, the correct term is homosexual. And who cares if they use it to describe themselves that way? That means I can't use it? Gay originally meant happy. If they change the meaning, so can I.

Gays are also "lame" because they're technically handicapped. Being gay entails you have defective genes. But that's not the point.

[quote name='AftComet']Gays are also "lame" because they're technically handicapped. Being gay entails you have defective genes.[/QUOTE]

Did you just say that? That sort of attitude is awful and offensive. I call on others to publicly stand against such homophobic rhetoric.

[quote name='AftComet']Gays are also "lame" because they're technically handicapped. Being gay entails you have defective genes. But that's not the point.[/QUOTE]

What. The. Shaq-Fu. #-o

Blatant, open homophobia aside (because it's obvious), jon0592 was addressing latent homophobia, because it's not obvious (but still as harmful). Regardless of any semantic drudgery used to justify it ("like, hey dudes, the n-word is derived from a Latin base word for 'black'--it's simply descriptive and doesn't carry any violent epistemological denotations!"). Using "gay" as an epithet is insulting because it denotes that the people it describes are a suitable analogy to something stupid, bad, disappointing, or whatever.

Yeah, yeah, meaning migrates over time, until a word that once meant one thing means another, and "gay" has migrated to mean stupid, bad, disappointing, or whatever when used by certain people in certain contexts, but it hasn't fully migrated "from" its originary* meaning in this instance, and that remaining connection is why it's insulting and hurtful. (*The word may have originally meant "happy/glad" but that's not the origin of the migration as it's used in this sense.)

Aaaaany, jon0592's mistake, I guess, was thinking of CAG as a mature community.

Just a little update, today I noticed that they are still updating titles. Yeah, the shipping is still a little high.

MW3 (360) 34.99
Batman AC (360 & PS3) 34.99

[quote name='king_bronx']Good price for inFamous 2. I got it for that price during the BBV closing sale, so this is the cheapest it's been since release. I didn't look up how much the shipping is though.[/QUOTE]

Infamous 2, like all exclusive PS3 games published by Sony, will be a Greatest Hits soon and you'll find the game for $10 at a sale somewhere.

bread's done
Back