Sigma Star Saga GBA - $9.99 NEW at EB / GS

You can also get it for $8.96 if your Circuit City has any left over from that clearance sale. I know the CC near me has tons left.

I give it a big thumbs down, actually. In fact, almost a "Not worth $3.xx" thumbs down.

Reasons stated elsewhere. Tedious, dull, lifeless combat (And more spamming of it than most early FF games spammed random battles.). Atrocious plot/story-telling/characters.

Several disagree with me, but I don't like it so much that I really cannot see where they are coming from.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I give it a big thumbs down, actually. In fact, almost a "Not worth $3.xx" thumbs down.

Reasons stated elsewhere. Tedious, dull, lifeless combat (And more spamming of it than most early FF games spammed random battles.). Atrocious plot/story-telling/characters.

Several disagree with me, but I don't like it so much that I really cannot see where they are coming from.[/QUOTE]

Not really tedious, the space combat portions are pretty cool. The only area I believe the game falters in is difficulty curve. Some random encounters are stupid easy, while other battles are near impossible to win.

Wasn't bad at $19.99, $9.99 was a steal and at shipping+tax you'd be stupid not to at least give it a try.

I've almost picked up that game a few times at random stores because the box has some stickers that say something like "E3's PICK OF THE YEAR" or something like that.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I give it a big thumbs down, actually. In fact, almost a "Not worth $3.xx" thumbs down.

Several disagree with me, but I don't like it so much that I really cannot see where they are coming from.[/QUOTE]

I thought the game pretty good.It has a very unique combat system for a rpg.Most typical rpg uses a turn base style,but in this game you can gain xp by flying a ship and shoot down enemies.The flying part is almost similar to gradius,you got your laser,bombs and missles.I think the worst feature in this game is the battle encounter on foot,enemies are brainless.Another worst feature in this game is the glitch in one of latter maps.When you kill all the enemies instead of reverting back to your main char,the ship move endlessly til you have to kill yourself or reset.

fatbeer, you can workaround that glitch. Read the GameFAQs FAQ for the game.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Not really tedious, the space combat portions are pretty cool. The only area I believe the game falters in is difficulty curve. Some random encounters are stupid easy, while other battles are near impossible to win.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. I don't see how the random encounters where one must blast 40+ of their meat puppets to get out of the space battle and continue exploring. These are usually slow and tedious. At least the miniboss random encounters add much-needed variety, but nowhere near enough.

The game's scripted "boss" levels aren't bad at all, but they just don't engender enough goodwill to make the hike up there worth it.

I gave up too because of that huge glitch. Even after reading the FAQ, I'm not sure-by that point you've got some heavy firepower, and it would be really tough to avoid shooting certain enemys last.

Aside from that, the game's a lot of fun if you like RPGs and have maybe a slight appreciation of shooters. REALLY cool idea (I wish they'd combine more genres like that).

As to the complaints about tons of random battles-yeah, there are, but at least these are kind of fun. And there aren't any more than tons of other RPGs (random battles or experience collecting).

[quote name='aoLat']You can get it for tax + shipping if you have a Diamond card.[/quote]

How? A quick search of the forum didn't show anything for "xbox diamond"

Thanks for posting this OP, I picked up a copy of this game today, my CC didnt have any left during the sale and 9.99 was the right price for me!

[quote name='aoLat']You can get it for tax + shipping if you have a Diamond card.[/QUOTE]

I'm having trouble locating this and I'm a Diamond Card holder...Can anyone advise on this?

bread's done
Back