Sign @ Walmart states buy Dark Souls 2 PS4 or Xbone get 50% extra trade in value on 2 games

Either way, I don't think it's worth it. I haven't checked Walmart TIV religiously over the last few months since they have been pretty sub par on the higher end games. I think your best TIV is around $30-35. Which would give you like $45 for a trade in per game. But you would also have to spend the $60+tax for the game. So, I dunno. 

I do appreciate you posting about it. But I just don't see it really worth it. Hopefully someone can find a sweet combination.

Has potential , been a while since walmart did a trade promo . I figured they would have cut it off up after the ps4 promo .

I guess it won't be online after they rejected almost everyone's trades the last time they had a bonus for trade ins online.

For anyone who got NBA 2K15 from the Amazon promotion.  The PS4 version trades in for $19.81 and the XB1 version trades in for $20.34.  That is without the 50% extra TIV added.

Either way, I don't think it's worth it. I haven't checked Walmart TIV religiously over the last few months since they have been pretty sub par on the higher end games. I think your best TIV is around $30-35. Which would give you like $45 for a trade in per game. But you would also have to spend the $60+tax for the game. So, I dunno.

I do appreciate you posting about it. But I just don't see it really worth it. Hopefully someone can find a sweet combination.
Uh.. there are some really good flips to be had, just too lazy to look

Pre-owned unity at BB is $17.99 - 10%, and it's B2G1.

$32.38 + tax for 3 copies, or $64.76 for 6 copies ( 3 different trade ins )

TIV after 50% is ~$160

If not pre-owned then BB has new on sale for $19.99+GCU, still good profit.

Uh.. there are some really good flips to be had, just too lazy to look

Pre-owned unity at BB is $17.99 - 10%, and it's B2G1.

$32.38 + tax for 3 copies, or $64.76 for 6 copies ( 3 different trade ins )

TIV after 50% is ~$160

If not pre-owned then BB has new on sale for $19.99+GCU, still good profit.
can't tell if you are calling me lazy or yourself...

But...

lol, go for it dude. And when you are done with EVERYTHING you are going to have to do. Please, let me know how much you made per hour of your time wasted at Walmart. Hell.

My going rate for dealing with Walmart employees is pretty high. If you do it for $10-15 per hour by searching Best Buy inventory, trading in at walmart, driving to different walmarts, returning your game purchases... that doesn't make me lazy, that just means you value your time less than I value mine.

Your strategy is that you find three copies of AC:U for PS4 at one Best Buy... TWICE. Then make three separate trade ins which will require three purchases of Dark Souls II. Then return all three copies of Dark Souls II. (Good luck doing all that at one Walmart)

And profit right at $90 for all that.

That will take you all day to do that. Be prepared to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt my BB has ONE used copy of Unity for either xb1 or ps4.

Even if they do, its probably missing the cover art.

And then be prepared for the message that pops up on the WalMart computer about having 2 copies of the same game...even though 2 copies of the same game is allowed, many employees interpret that message as not allowed.

For some reason the system flags the trade in when you are AT the limit instead of over it.

can't tell if you are calling me lazy or yourself...

But...

lol, go for it dude. And when you are done with EVERYTHING you are going to have to do. Please, let me know how much you made per hour of your time wasted at Walmart. Hell.

My going rate for dealing with Walmart employees is pretty high. If you do it for $10-15 per hour by searching Best Buy inventory, trading in at walmart, driving to different walmarts, returning your game purchases... that doesn't make me lazy, that just means you value your time less than I value mine.

Your strategy is that you find three copies of AC:U for PS4 at one Best Buy... TWICE. Then make three separate trade ins which will require three purchases of Dark Souls II. Then return all three copies of Dark Souls II. (Good luck doing all that at one Walmart)

And profit right at $90 for all that.

That will take you all day to do that. Be prepared to drive.
Well buddy, my BB has loads of AC:U's in stock.

My walmart employee's know me because I've traded so many games in, and they allow me to work the system because they don't care.

Last year during the PS4 double trade in, I filled up their trade-in box on my own.. bought 4 seperate PS4's and returned them minutes after buying them. They even called electronics up to verify and the same girl that checked me out told them that yes, it was a brand new system just sold minutes ago.

So.. I'll probably spend roughly 30-45 minutes all together, and make a nice profit of $90 from AC:U alone, not to mention other games that have good return values.

ALL YMMV, but it works out for me. You telling people that this post is pointless is wrong though, because there is plenty of potential

Well buddy, my BB has loads of AC:U's in stock.

My walmart employee's know me because I've traded so many games in, and they allow me to work the system because they don't care.

Last year during the PS4 double trade in, I filled up their trade-in box on my own.. bought 4 seperate PS4's and returned them minutes after buying them. They even called electronics up to verify and the same girl that checked me out told them that yes, it was a brand new system just sold minutes ago.

So.. I'll probably spend roughly 30-45 minutes all together, and make a nice profit of $90 from AC:U alone, not to mention other games that have good return values.

ALL YMMV, but it works out for me. You telling people that this post is pointless is wrong though, because there is plenty of potential
Since today is the last day of the BB B2G1... why don't you go ahead and post your purchase haul when you are done then.

Can't say for others but my BB is right across the street from Walmart.

The employees at my Walmart have gotten trade ins down to a tee. At first it was slow but now it takes about 5 minutes per trade in. 10 for a promotion like this.

AC4 is at every BestBuy in my area so it wouldn't be hard to find. Nor would it be hard to find any other game to use on this sale. I'd say it's 1 hour tops worth of work for $160+. Spend $40 on a month of food (for 1 person).

But, it is a lot of work to buy and return the games. I rather keep or sell them on the side.

676bd047d87e0b05d0d4b732af327c6f813411fcd722cecfb92f0a34694239d9.jpg

Great deal for Dark Souls.  Too bad the Wal-Marts in this area don't promote game trades all that well, so no employee seems to know the process. 

Wait so is this legit or not?  I'm suprised this thread hasn't gotten more press seeing how there's some opporunities to make some money like  with the AC Unity game. Thankfully the Walmart I traded with in the past have always been good to me letting me trade as many games and as many of the same games as I want.

They do let you trade in 2 copies of the same game right? That's $53.37 then return the game. I'd actually try it if walmart was actually 5-10 minutes away from me. Also if they'd let me get one of those visa cards using walmart gc

Wait so is this legit or not? I'm suprised this thread hasn't gotten more press seeing how there's some opporunities to make some money like with the AC Unity game. Thankfully the Walmart I traded with in the past have always been good to me letting me trade as many games and as many of the same games as I want.
wondering the same thing, my BB has several unity but i dont want to pull the trigger without some kind of proof

By the way for anyone considering this the Xone version runs like dogshit

Drops to around 30fps at times while ps4 ver stays above 50.

By the way for anyone considering this the Xone version runs like dogshit

Drops to around 30fps at times while ps4 ver stays above 50.
I have both systems and I'm gonna call bullshit on this. fucking selective reading. Read the article that states the facts. http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/2/8331687/dark-souls-2-scholars-of-the-first-sin-playstation-4

God I hate fucking fanboys. I'm buying on Xbox one cause I have Microsoft credit. If I had to pay for it, I would buy it on whatever system I can get it cheaper. I've never noticed a difference between 40 vs 50 fps. Thank God. You poor souls (no pun intended) that can see the difference.

I have both systems and I'm gonna call bullshit on this. fucking selective reading. Read the article that states the facts. http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/2/8331687/dark-souls-2-scholars-of-the-first-sin-playstation-4

God I hate fucking fanboys. I'm buying on Xbox one cause I have Microsoft credit. If I had to pay for it, I would buy it on whatever system I can get it cheaper. I've never noticed a difference between 40 vs 50 fps. Thank God. You poor souls (no pun intended) that can see the difference.
What? I have a Xone. I did read the article. The lowest fps on PS4 was 48, Xone was 36. Xone also had 5x as many dropped frames. I didn't remember the exact numbers but I wasn't far off.

I think you're the fanboy here, dude. I was saying if there are people like me who have both, the PS4 is obviously the version to buy. But yeah fuck those of us who can see easily discernable differences in motion??

DriveClub is a decent Gamestop to Walmart one. Anyone know if Walmart can cancel cards like Gamestop. I bought a $500 Amex with $500+ store credit from the PS4 promotion today and was wondering if they can cancel it. I really got screwed by Gamestop that one time sort of.

Paper Mario Sticker Star if you got any for $5.

WTF is wrong with this website. This thread didnt show under "video game deals" or "whats new". I could only find it by searching.

What? I have a Xone. I did read the article. The lowest fps on PS4 was 48, Xone was 36. Xone also had 5x as many dropped frames. I didn't remember the exact numbers but I wasn't far off.

I think you're the fanboy here, dude. I was saying if there are people like me who have both, the PS4 is obviously the version to buy. But yeah fuck those of us who can see easily discernable differences in motion??
ehhh if you watch the video that huge drop is for three seconds when the first boss dies and the souls are everywhere.

Otherwise from what I saw it was high 40's sometimes but for the most part close to 60. I guess I'll find out for sure Tuesday when I get raped over and over again by those punks on the X1.

fuck Walmart. Got stuck there for 30 minutes waiting for a family to pick a phone and the girl says I don't know how to do trade ins and I offer to show them how since it happened last time and she called a Manager who was no help what so ever. Wouldn't even let me show them how to do it step by step. Still have no idea if the promotion is real. Should of bought something to leave a negative survey but I was in no mood to return it.

1. Click Video Game Trade In

2. Login Say something such as "I don't know your login information" if they ask you what it is

3. Type in the game

4. Select the game

5. Type in your information from drivers license

6. Print the page

7. Sign and then it is over.

fuck Walmart. Got stuck there for 30 minutes waiting for a family to pick a phone and the girl says I don't know how to do trade ins and I offer to show them how since it happened last time and she called a Manager who was no help what so ever. Wouldn't even let me show them how to do it step by step. Still have no idea if the promotion is real. Should of bought something to leave a negative survey but I was in no mood to return it.

1. Click Video Game Trade In
2. Login Say something such as "I don't know your login information" if they ask you what it is
3. Type in the game
4. Select the game
5. Type in your information from drivers license
6. Print the page
7. Sign and then it is over.
The promo wouldn't even be active yet since dsii doesn't release til tomorrow...

Can I buy the game with my money and trade in the 2 games and return the game to get my money back and the trade in credit?

Can I buy the game with my money and trade in the 2 games and return the game to get my money back and the trade in credit?
Yes, if this story is even true. All we know is the very infrequent visiting OP "Seen tonight at local Arkansas Walmart."

If anyone doubts the frame rate issue on the X1 - don't doubt. I've been playing 6+ hours already in the first four areas and only saw my frame rate drop a bit when 10+ enemies were on the screen and during that boss death scene. Really not a big deal at all, you're quite safe with the X1 version.

Yes, I've been wondering about the write ups about the frame rates. Always seems like they are bias,and sure there may be a slight dip, but I like playing on x1 more, so unless it's a horrible difference I just get on x1.

If anyone doubts the frame rate issue on the X1 - don't doubt. I've been playing 6+ hours already in the first four areas and only saw my frame rate drop a bit when 10+ enemies were on the screen and during that boss death scene. Really not a big deal at all, you're quite safe with the X1 version.
The frame rate dips don't bother me really. It was the fact of having to heavily rely on RB/LB. They're not as comfortable on the X1 unfortunately :(

Plus there's remote play with the ps4 version so I had to go with that

so just to clarify, is it similar to the Madden and past promos where they have to click a radial at some point to trigger the offer?
Right. They login, and there's a prompt asking if the customer is buying dsii. They click yes and type in the dsii upc

bread's done
Back