Signature Confirmation question

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I am sending out an item with signature confirmation. I selected it as an option and the label printed out but I see notihng on the label about it. It looks like a regular label. When delivered is there something else they have to sign or when the postal employee scans it will it prompt them to have the buyer sign something since there seems to be no indication the package has signature confirmation required.

I think there is some code that indicates that, i always send with signature confirmation, but always do it at the post office

There is a separate card (provided by the Post Office when they deliver your package) that the recipient must sign. And the label does indicate that signature confirmation is required. Normally in the spot where it says "Delivery Confirmation," it is replaced by "Signature Confirmation."

Instead of Zip -e/ USPS Deilvery Confirmation it says:
Zip -e/USPS Insured but nothing about signature confirmation (I did put insurance on the item).

I hope I didn't do something wrong but when I got the Paypal shipping confirmation e-mail it says there is signature confirmation

I was in the same position not too long ago. The label didn't say signature confirmation, but I checked and they did indeed require a signature. I wrote "signature confirmation" in red next to the barcode just to be safe--I would suggest the same.

I guess you should ask USPS to double check. I shipped a Wii about a month ago and made sure it was fully loaded with protection (insurance, signature confirmation, etc.) and I definitely remember that it stated Signature Confirmation on the bottom half of the label where the DC is usually listed. I also remember there was no line for the recipient to sign because like yourself, I wondered about it my first time doing this. I'm sure if PayPal says it is okay, everything is copacetic.

Thanks, I feel better now but if I end up going to the post office and not just dropping it in a mailbox, I'll ask.

I also wrote signature confirmation right next to the label (close to the barcode)

Signature Confirmation wasn't required by Paypal but I figured since it was still an item over $50, I didn't want to take any chances and wanted to make sure that it wasn't left on a doorstep or not in the hands of the buyer.

And yeah, like Kendro said, it won't hurt to ask them when you mail it. They could be helpful, depending on the post office. The employees at my post office all hate their lives.

Edit: Yep, good call. You'll be fine but it definitely doesn't hurt to ask.

bread's done
Back