Silent Hil : Homecoming.. Anyone else get it?

Ice2Dragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Got it today at Circuit City with the free pyramid head keychain.

Cant play it til later tonight.. but it does have hard drive install for quicker load times.

Anyone have impressions yet?

I'm curious as well. Reviews seem to be all over the place for this one. I never liked the way these games control, but I enjoyed the sights and sounds of the games enough to play through 'em once. I'd be curious to rent this one, if nothing else.

I was wanting to get this game, but that IGN review made me not want it. Apparently it isn't scary at all and very predictable.

I'm playing the game right now don't beileve what the reviewer of ign there other reviewers like EGM that gave it a B and UGO gave it an A. In the end its a matter of your own personal taste it still seems tense to me and the controls are alot better i'm playing mine on the ps3.Story wise so far predictable monsters and other things it has some cheap scares like resident evil does only play 2 hours into it but it still intense at times.

the only scary SH game has been the first one... none of the other games were frightening at all imo.

thus the complaint that the game aint scary is negligible to me... as long as the overall atmosphere delivers.

anyway yah I got the game... waiting for work shift to end

[quote name='JEKKI']the only scary SH game has been the first one... none of the other games were frightening at all imo.

thus the complaint that the game aint scary is negligible to me... as long as the overall atmosphere delivers.

anyway yah I got the game... waiting for work shift to end[/quote]

I liked 2 best personally. 3 and 4 had a really interesting ideas, but didn't quite live up to 2. One was a classic just below 2.

I've held off on Homecoming due to the price. I want it though.

I really want to check this out. I'll probably wait until it hits $30.

The game is pretty creepy.. sadly I misread the box and it said game space needed for the hard drive.. I thought it was a hard drive install to cut down loading times.. no biggie.

Load times are nil for the game, it looks phenomenal.. and it sounds WONDERFUL! Holy crap, 7.1 on this game scared the living piss out of me on a handful of occasions after a few hours lol. Stupid ass doors opening.

So.. beat the game.

Got the "Good" Ending.

Damn its near impossible to find all the pictures and documents without a guide.. it really is. But its got replay value.. apparently I unlocked a few weapons :)

Games aren't scary anymore because I'm too old to be scared by them now unfortunately. Now I'm scared of bills, gas, and my girlfriend.... put that in the game and I'll be shitting myself.

About how long does the game play?

I'm not a stickler for game length, as I love some short games, but the length still matters in deciding at which price point I'll buy it at.

I'll be getting it when the price drops for sure. I'm just not paying $60 for a game that's under 10 hours long. I hear it's about 7-8hrs long.

The gf and I picked it up today and just got to Silent Hill. We're enjoying it a lot so far but I'm hoping the puzzles pick up as there's been little to no challenge so far.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']So.. beat the game.

Got the "Good" Ending.

Damn its near impossible to find all the pictures and documents without a guide.. it really is. But its got replay value.. apparently I unlocked a few weapons :)[/quote]

Probably the best weapon imo was that pulse gun in the first one. The one with infinite ammo that you got after one of the endings.

The best ending ever thus far(again imo) was the alien one from the first game where you're abducted and that's it, game over. :lol:

That one had me going both WTF and ROFLMAO.:lol:

However, I'm probably going to wait till this drops to $30 before I buy it myself, since I never really played through any of the other games in the series besides the first one(which I played through about 6-7 times).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Probably the best weapon imo was that pulse gun in the first one. The one with infinite ammo that you got after one of the endings.

The best ending ever thus far(again imo) was the alien one from the first game where you're abducted and that's it, game over. :lol:

That one had me going both WTF and ROFLMAO.:lol:

However, I'm probably going to wait till this drops to $30 before I buy it myself, since I never really played through any of the other games in the series besides the first one(which I played through about 6-7 times).[/quote]

Yeah, the UFO ending was great. Theres one called "Boogeyman" or something like that.. I wont ruin it.. but from what Ive read and what others told me its well worth getting.

The weapons you get in this game though are great... makes the game well worth playing over :)

I like it, I think its worth 60, but thats just me. Itll be 30 not before too long anyways.

My local Target had one copy of the game left for $14.98 on clearance, so I picked it up. I've been very interested in the game for a while, so I went ahead and purchased.

I received SH: Homecoming as a gift today. Haven't gotten very far, but all in all its a solid game. Now I didn't buy it so I can't exactly say if it is worth the money, but it is better than what all the critic reviews have been. The controls are slightly clunky but are adjusted to fairly quickly. If you can find this game for between 30 and 40 dollars, its a steal.

[quote name='EDiddy0042']I received SH: Homecoming as a gift today. Haven't gotten very far, but all in all its a solid game. Now I didn't buy it so I can't exactly say if it is worth the money, but it is better than what all the critic reviews have been. The controls are slightly clunky but are adjusted to fairly quickly. If you can find this game for between 30 and 40 dollars, its a steal.[/QUOTE]I haven't played it yet, but I got my copy for $15 new, like I said. I'll probably play it soon.

bread's done
Back