Silent Hill 5 Teaser and "Commercial"

Sofa King Kool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I had no idea this was out, although it doesn't offer much. I just finished the first Pyramid Head battle in SH2; I really need to pick up the pace if I'm going to get through SH3 and maybe SH4 before this comes out.

Trailer

Commercial

Thanks, I didn't know these exist. Excellent way to get the hype train moving. Hopefully Silent Hill 5 sees release before the end of next year.

Sofa, unless you absolutely in love with the Silent Hill series, you should just pass on SH4. Make no mistake, it's an alright game, but definitely not up to the high standards of the other three.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Thanks, I didn't know these exist. Excellent way to get the hype train moving. Hopefully Silent Hill 5 sees release before the end of next year.

Sofa, unless you absolutely in love with the Silent Hill series, you should just pass on SH4. Make no mistake, it's an alright game, but definitely not up to the high standards of the other three.[/quote]
Yeah, I was thinking about skipping it for a few of reasons:

1. I've heard it's nowhere near as good as it's predecessors.
2. It was originally going to be a new franchise, so I've heard it's not very Silent Hill-ish.
3. Ghosts. I don't do ghosts. I will never play a game with ghosts. They scare the hell out of me.

I've never played SH1 either, and considering it's price lately, I don't think I ever will. But I don't think I'd be able to get all that excited about it anyway. I don't want to play through an entire game of bad graphics just to be able to say I've played it. I mean, I'm sure it's a great game and all, but I doubt it will have the same effect it did when it was first released.

Also, does Pyramid Head even appear in SH4? I've watched the trailers and gameplay videos and the only thing even remotely reminiscent of Silent Hill I saw were the nurses.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']
Also, does Pyramid Head even appear in SH4? I've watched the trailers and gameplay videos and the only thing even remotely reminiscent of Silent Hill I saw were the nurses.[/QUOTE]

I think Pyramid Head just appears in SH2 and in the movie. I don't recall him in 3 or 4, but I didn't finish 4 since I thought it sucked.

Also thanks for the links. Hope there is more info about it at TGS.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I think Pyramid Head just appears in SH2 and in the movie. I don't recall him in 3 or 4, but I didn't finish 4 since I thought it sucked.

Also thanks for the links. Hope there is more info about it at TGS.[/quote]
He's not in SH3?! Damn. That sucks. I thought he was like, the main badguy...

*drooool*

Now I have to re-buy a PSP in order to get Origins. I'm glad the new slim PSP will have TV out so I can experience this on my TV instead. I'm really looking forward to SH5. Thank god it's not a PS3 exclusive.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']*drooool*

Now I have to re-buy a PSP in order to get Origins. I'm glad the new slim PSP will have TV out so I can experience this on my TV instead. I'm really looking forward to SH5. Thank god it's not a PS3 exclusive.[/quote]
Hey! You have a SH3 avy! Tell me for sure; is Pyramid Head in SH3?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Hey! You have a SH3 avy! Tell me for sure; is Pyramid Head in SH3?[/QUOTE]

Nope, SH2 only. Though some people believe that links the Pyramid Head are mentioned in the 4th game.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Nope, SH2 only. Though some people believe that links the Pyramid Head are mentioned in the 4th game.[/quote]

Aw man. He's so cool. Is there a new main bad guy for every game? Because I must say, I was really looking forward to a high definition Pyramid Head.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Aw man. He's so cool. Is there a new main bad guy for every game? Because I must say, I was really looking forward to a high definition Pyramid Head.[/QUOTE]

Since Pyramid Head was suppose to be some sort of element created inside of James' subconscious, I highly doubt we'll ever see him again. Though anything is possible.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Nope, SH2 only. Though some people believe that links the Pyramid Head are mentioned in the 4th game.[/QUOTE]

There are alss possible links to pyramid head in the 3rd. If you've seen Valtiel. you'll notice if you put a pyramid on him he'll look just like him. He also bears a similar markings. There have been tons of arguments on whether or not he is Pyramid Head.

[quote name='Koemas']There are alss possible links to pyramid head in the 3rd. If you've seen Valtiel. you'll notice if you put a pyramid on him he'll look just like him. He also bears a similar markings. There have been tons of arguments on whether or not he is Pyramid Head.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking. Some say that Valtiel is Pyramid Head without the helmet.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Since Pyramid Head was suppose to be some sort of element created inside of James' subconscious, I highly doubt we'll ever see him again. Though anything is possible.[/QUOTE]

It makes me sad, as I think this might be true, but I heard that the people who made the movie worked closely with Team Silent, and that they were allowed to include PH in the movie even with a lack of James, as if he was the town's executioner, whether James was there or not. Some say he is only present in the second one because
James is a murderer, and none of the other protagonists in the Silent Hill series are murderers

Then again, PH is who all of the fans wanted to have in the movie so that might have nothing to do with it. I personally think that he IS the executioner, and if the protagonist in Silent Hill V is a murderer...

[quote name='Cerberu5']This is what I was thinking. Some say that Valtiel is Pyramid Head without the helmet.

It makes me sad, as I think this might be true, but I heard that the people who made the movie worked closely with Team Silent, and that they were allowed to include PH in the movie even with a lack of James, as if he was the town's executioner, whether James was there or not. Some say he is only present in the second one because
James is a murderer, and none of the other protagonists in the Silent Hill series are murderers

Then again, PH is who all of the fans wanted to have in the movie so that might have nothing to do with it. I personally think that he IS the executioner, and if the protagonist in Silent Hill V is a murderer...[/QUOTE]

Well isn't the protagonist supposed to be a soldier? That might qualify.

The voice acting in that teaser trailer is so bad it's not even funny.

I liked SH4 alot. It was fresh, polished, and just a good game.

only problem i had with the teaser was that the voiceover didnt seem to have th right timing, it sounded like it was a robot

bread's done
Back