Silent Hill the movie. Dont undertand Spoilers..

battleroyal33

CAGiversary!
Ok guys, I have to admit I have never played Silent Hill 1 or 2, I have only played 3 and 4. I picked up Silent Hill the movie yesterday and watched it for the first time, I love it, my favorite scenes are when the guy with the thing on his head rip off the skin from the chick as everybody was running into the church and when Cybil was burnt, excellent scenes.. Even though the visuals kicked much ass, I found myself lost though a good amount of the movie and I have no clue as to what happened at the end, I take it they are still in the other dimension or where ever they were.. Just seeing if any CAGers can fill me in on Silent Hill.

Spoilers about so don't read on if you want to know more.

I went to see it on opening day because it seemed cool. I enjoyed it a bit. And without a doubt Pyramid Head was bad ass.

Anyway, from my understanding, the Mom, Cop, and Daughter are dead. It's debatable when they died. I'm guessing from the initial crash. That's the only way the events could have transpired, because everyone in the city is dead, and that's the only way they could have met up with each other.

That's the best I can come up with, from reading explanations from fans and others right after it was out from the theater.

I don't have any explanation, but I'm skeptical about the whole "they died" thing, unless my understanding of Silent Hill is totally off, which may very well be true.

Thanks gorgonzola, I wasnt sure what the guys name but I do now. Thats what I was thinking to, all 3 people died in the crash because they all had trama to the head when they woke up, there just was not a clear explanation.

[quote name='battleroyal33']Ok guys, I have to admit I have never played Silent Hill 1 or 2, I have only played 3 and 4. I picked up Silent Hill the movie yesterday and watched it for the first time, I love it, my favorite scenes are when the guy with the thing on his head rip off the skin from the chick as everybody was running into the church and when Cybil was burnt, excellent scenes.. Even though the visuals kicked much ass, I found myself lost though a good amount of the movie and I have no clue as to what happened at the end, I take it they are still in the other dimension or where ever they were.. Just seeing if any CAGers can fill me in on Silent Hill.[/QUOTE]

wiki is your friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill_(film)

It should answer any questions you have. If I another movie is to be made, money says the husband is going to try everything he can to get "into" silent hill to find his wife and kid.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I hope they come out with a special edition with pick your ending or multiple endings or something[/QUOTE]

pick your ending?!??!

I don't this is the type of movie with a happy ending. I really wonder why didn't Rose say, why the fuck is my house and world all grey and ashy??? She just walks in, kid runs off (to her room) and doesn't think twice about it... some people say shes tramatized by the incident (but if that were so, how did she drive all the way back from WVA to Ohio?)

I was really confused and just went with the idea that the Mom decided to stay in the world of "Silent Hill" that the girl was in.

BTW, that police officer, huge dike.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I was really confused and just went with the idea that the Mom decided to stay in the world of "Silent Hill" that the girl was in.

BTW, that police officer, huge dike.[/QUOTE]

you just don't understand the movie do you?

[quote name='ITDEFX']you just don't understand the movie do you?[/quote]

No, nor did I like the movie at all. I haven't played any of the games so maybe that's why I didn't get it. I went to see this to see a horror movie, and I didn't find it that scary.

I tried so hard to play through SH 1 before the movie (I bought it many years ago) but the controls were to hard for me, plus I could never tell what was going on.

I got the second so hopefully I can play through and enjoy that game.

I really enjoyed the movie, not so much for the plot but for the atmosphere.

Battle, you really need to play Silent Hill 1 & 2.

Silent Hill 3 continues the story of the first Silent Hill(there's so many things SH3 makes reference to from the first game). Silent Hill 4 also has links to the older games. It takes a part of Silent Hill 2 that's mentioned throughout that game(the series of murders). Plus Silent Hill 2 was the best out of the series so far(IMO).

[quote name='ph33r m3']No, nor did I like the movie at all. I haven't played any of the games so maybe that's why I didn't get it. I went to see this to see a horror movie, and I didn't find it that scary.[/QUOTE]

I haven't really played the games either, but the director made it pretty easy to follow so that people who haven't really played the series can actually enjoy and follow along to the movie. There were a couple of WTF moments, like when the PH took that woman and ripped her naked body's skin off then threw it at the two chicks at the front entrance to the church. There was plenty of hints of child abuse, which I kinda found disturbing.

bread's done
Back