Silent Scope Rifle NEW $28 Gamestop B&M YMMV

YOUR BASE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I just got a new Silent Scope Rifle for $28 at the GS at Moorestown Mall, NJ. It was marked $40 and had a 30% off sticker on it, there were 2 left at that location. I went to another Gamestop in the area and didn't see any rifles, so I dunno if it's something just for that store.

[quote name='bmulligan']I've never seen one of these, got a pic ?

I thought Silent scope wasn't even gun compatible.[/quote]

It's one of three gun compatible games.

House Of The Dead III, Silent Scope Complete and 2nd player in Starsky & Hutch.

Not bad, Ill have to check that out. I'm deeply considering it...but I'm just not sure if I want to plop down that kind of cash on an accessory that's I'm probably only going to use on 2 games (at most). Oh what the hell am I saying, I bought Steel Battalion...

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='Scahom1']It's only for the Xbox.[/quote]

Did you check the Norwalk Gamestop?[/quote]

Nah. I had bought mine months ago.

[quote name='Scahom1'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='Scahom1']It's only for the Xbox.[/quote]

Did you check the Norwalk Gamestop?[/quote]

Nah. I had bought mine months ago.[/quote]

Nice. As I don't own any of those games, I probably won't bother checking. Out of curiosity, how well does it work?

Not too well actually. I found that I had to turn the brightness on my tv all the way up, and even then the target was spotty. The recoil sound is terrible, and the kickback feature is worthless and annoying. Cool to own, but not much of a rifle

Of course, you can just strip the pieces off of it and use it for House Of The Dead 3.

I just called again and talked to a different guy, he swore that it was $50 and there was no sale. He says they only have one and it's on a shelf above the register. OP, are you sure it was GameStop and not EB or something?

[quote name='Scahom1']Not too well actually. I found that I had to turn the brightness on my tv all the way up, and even then the target was spotty. The recoil sound is terrible, and the kickback feature is worthless and annoying. Cool to own, but not much of a rifle

Of course, you can just strip the pieces off of it and use it for House Of The Dead 3.[/quote]

With such a glowing review, I think I'll pass :)

I own the Japanese version of House of the Dead II for the Dreamcast, still need to pick up a Japanese gun for that. From everything I've heard, that sounds like the one to have.

The gun works well for HOTD3. I'm somewhat interested int getting a second one so I can play 2-player.

I still can't find a good deal on Silent Scope Complete though.

[quote name='YOUR BASE']I just got a new Silent Scope Rifle for $28 at the GS at Moorestown Mall, NJ. It was marked $40 and had a 30% off sticker on it, there were 2 left at that location. I went to another Gamestop in the area and didn't see any rifles, so I dunno if it's something just for that store.[/quote]

Cool, another South Jersey CAG! I live like 15 min from that mall.

This gun is virtually useless for Silent Scope, but it's arcade perfect for HOTD3. I'd consider getting a black one to play 2-player HOTD3 if I found it at this price (I already have a green one).

It's definitely YMMV...I was at GS during halftime and had them price check them. One was marked $49.99 and the other was marked $39.99...I had them scan it and it came up $39.99. So no dice at that store, I might try the other one tomorrow but I doubt they have it.

It's the black one, I got it at the Gamestop at the mall, I'm positive it was GS because I went there as soon as I went in the mall because the EB is on the other end of the mall. They had it in a bargain bin along with several other things marked 30% off.

I think the gun works good, the brightness thing in SSC is a problem with all light guns, the Mad Catz gun had the same problem. I think the rifle is a huge improvement over the Mad Catz Blaster, the only problem is the scope doesn't automatically zoom in when you put your eye to it like it's supposed to...

bread's done
Back