Silicone Skin for Wiimote and 'chuck $6.49 shipped

Gamestop actually had some of these the other day and I picked up a set for one of my wiimotes. At this price, I actually might pick up another set of a different color. Good find OP.

it doesnt come with matching strap but i dont care too much for that. i want to get two but i am unsure if the quality will be an issue...

Hmm tax and to get a set of 4 I'd have to make 4 separate orders. Anyone know the brand of these things? Might just check ebay, I mainly want them cause it also has it for the nunchuck. Feels sorta uneven having no skin on it.

I tried to buy two but the discount won't show up on the second order. I geuss this is for one time use?

*edit* no it worked.

I ordered 2 with discount jsut fine, like stated you have to make 2 orders. Not hard it kept all my info for the second order just re-entered my cc number. Got a black and blue one. thought about getting the green but ill wait till i get more remotes.

I just ordered a couple myself, so I have no idea about the quality. Fingers crossed!

I don't know when the offer ends, either, sorry.

[quote name='kmartbum001']coupon wont apply when i try it on second order...[/QUOTE]

Hmm... that's odd, as I put through two; maybe clear your cookies and try again?

i did clear cookies then tried again. the page wont load...blah

i cant even load the next page when just trying to continue without applying the code...

i'll try again later but this is poo poo

Thanks! I just ordered a black one to try for myself.

(First post, by the way, though I've lurked for months and have spent far too much money because of this place.)

EDIT: Holy crap, I've been here for two years?

Thanks, ordered one. Wish I could tell what brand it was, though.
I made a n00b error the first time I tried it, and couldn't get the code to work. I had pasted the code a trailing space after it.

if they're anything like the 2-tone one I bought @ gamestop, have fun changing batteries. It's tight ... real tight and it covers the battery cover.

I purchased the two tone ones from gamestop for 9 bucks it just has a cover for the wiimote not the nunchuck. The gamestop ones completly cover the battery area. Do these leave that area unprotected so I can change the batteries every other day!

Also on the gamestop ones the silicone skin is higher than all the buttons execept for the 'A'. This makes it hard to play games that need the use of button 1 and 2. Are these thin and do they make it hard to press + , - , 1 & 2 ??

The Gamestop skins give you a nice grip so you don't let go of the wiimotes! But the two problems I have with them noted above are a real pain in the ass. Plus gamestop don't have RED!

just noticed on my online bank statement that this site debited my account $6.49 twice, then immediately credited the same amount twice right after i placed two seperate orders for these things. the site hasn't said anything to me, so i don't know what's going on, but i'm guessing they're cancelling these now. maybe they're mad that i used the coupon twice, or maybe they're out of stock but the site isn't showing it. anyone know what's going on?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Bumping to see if any of you guys have these yet and if they're worth it.[/QUOTE]

bump all you want the deals over ... "The Coupon Code you entered has expired"

[quote name='Z-Saber']Bumping to see if any of you guys have these yet and if they're worth it.[/QUOTE]

I got a shipment notification the other day and will follow up with some pictures when they arrive.

The pictures looked identical to the GameStop house brand ones and to some Kroo made ones at Fry's. If so they looked thinner on top than the two tone ones available everywhere. Only speculation at this point though.

i ordered 2 at the same time but only one arrived yesterday...

it is a pain in the ass to take it off every time you have to change the batteries.

in the future they may possibly design one that has a rectangle cut out behind the battery slot...

Okay, the clear one I ordered came today. Here are some pictures and my impressions.

The thickness of the skin is same all over; slightly thinner than the body of the two-tone ones available everywhere.

On the two-tone ones the top is like an extra layer, which makes it pretty thick. The A button is about level with the skin and the +/-/home/etc buttons are recessed quite far below the top of the skin, which can make them hard to press at times.

These are thinner, so the A button is still proud of the skin. The +/-/home/etc buttons are now even with the skin and easier to push.

The silicone feels exactly the same as the two-tone skins, and it's nice to have the same feel on the nunchuck, even though I doubt you'd need the grip. Either I'm getting better at putting them on, or these were easier to slide on than the two-tone ones, probably because they're a little stretchier due to the thinness.

Enough of the talk, below are some pictures, both on and off the wiimote. It would probably be easier to see what I'm talking about with a colored skin, but I actually like how the clear one looks, it keeps the white Wii look going.

They look exactly the same as the ones available at Fry's for 6.99 and at Gamestop under their house brand (for 9.99 I think?). My guess is that they're all exactly the same, just being rebranded.

skinoff.JPG

skinon.JPG

skindepth.JPG

otherskin.JPG

[quote name='ForKChop']Okay, the clear one I ordered came today. Here are some pictures and my impressions.

The thickness of the skin is same all over; slightly thinner than the body of the two-tone ones available everywhere.

On the two-tone ones the top is like an extra layer, which makes it pretty thick. The A button is about level... [/quote]

great write up! thanks for the pics... wiimote skins seem like a great investment

i got one today as they are on backorder. regardless of what the site says. they oos of them all. i got the black one today, blue was on backorder asked to switch for green and it was on backorder too even though its not shown on the site. but they are very nice. they actually slide on way easier than the nintendo skin.

I got my notification of shipment about two days ago, so mine should be rollin' on in at any moment. I'll post with impressions, too -- I normally shy away from third-party accessories, but this was a gamble.

thought i would post my pics for you guys. only received the black set so far. blue is on BO. Close ups are a little blury but you can see the fit.

100_2179.JPG

100_2180.JPG

The nunchuck skin looks really nice -- that's the one that gets all sweaty on me, anyway. :p I ordered the black, too!

oh, nvrmind...i see that the coupon has expired. if anybody knows of some other good looking skins for about the same price please post a link. thanks!

I believe these were the same ones as sold at Fry's for $6.99 (which I don't think you have near you) and at Gamestop under their house brand for $9.99.

Good luck!

bread's done
Back