Silver PSP Slim without bundle?

Run4Fun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey CAG, I looked around a bit but couldn't find any info on this, so maybe you can help me. I want to buy a silver PSP Slim, but I either don't want or already have the stuff that's in the Daxter Bundle, so I'd rather not get one of those. Does Sony have any plans to sell it unbundled, like the $169 "Piano Black" (or whatever it's called) color?

Also, are there any other reasons that I should wait on getting a PSP, by the way (i.e. there will actually be a LE Crisis Core bundle here or something)?

From what I understand the Ice Silver is a limited edition psp that comes only with the Daxter Bundle. However, Nintendo said the same thing with the Brain Age 2 DS lite bundle but, now you can buy the crimson black DS lite on its own.

[quote name='Run4Fun']Also, are there any other reasons that I should wait on getting a PSP, by the way (i.e. there will actually be a LE Crisis Core bundle here or something)?[/quote]

so far only the game is coming over....no news yet on the LE CC unit...

I hope a new bundle w/ new color replaces it. (Star Wars Bundle not considered. Bleh.)

The value savings part is great, but I'm not thrilled by the silver paint, so I'm hoping for a better package deal.

If you can find the Daxter bundle, I'd go with selling the stuff you don't want like the other poster said.

Yeah, maybe I'll just have to do that. However, now that I'm looking around, the silver bundle seems pretty hard to find...

[quote name='Run4Fun']Yeah, maybe I'll just have to do that. However, now that I'm looking around, the silver bundle seems pretty hard to find...[/quote]

They where supposed to be limited. I know just before Christmas I saw some kicking around. They apparently stopped producing them when the Star Wars bundle came out, November? Not that stores won't have them, or get any new shipments, you'll just have to be lucky to get one of the last ones I guess.

I doubt I will find a deal anytime soon on a PSP and want one before summer, so I am looking at getting one in the next week or two.

I can't decide between the Silver Bundle or Black. I am not interested in Family Guy UMD and I don't see myself playing Daxter game much. So is the $30 difference still worth it for me?

It's more like only a $15 - $18 difference if you minus for the memory stick - I'm sure you can use that extra storage for movies, music, pics, etc.

Just pick the color you prefer. The things that separate the two in your case is negligible. But if you do want a silver, better bite before they are gone.

[quote name='method47']They where supposed to be limited. I know just before Christmas I saw some kicking around. They apparently stopped producing them when the Star Wars bundle came out, November? Not that stores won't have them, or get any new shipments, you'll just have to be lucky to get one of the last ones I guess.[/quote]

Here in Seattle, I've seen the silver bundle at Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and EB, just in the past three weekends.

[quote name='RoGo7']I doubt I will find a deal anytime soon on a PSP and want one before summer, so I am looking at getting one in the next week or two.

I can't decide between the Silver Bundle or Black. I am not interested in Family Guy UMD and I don't see myself playing Daxter game much. So is the $30 difference still worth it for me?[/quote]

I've now had the silver bundle for a couple weeks and I didn't see myself playing Daxter much either, but it is actually a really good game. Also, remember the bundle comes with a 1GB memory stick duo which costs around $15-20 most places, so you're essentially paying $10 for Daxter and the Family Guy UMD. I strongly recommend ordering through Amazon in order to avoid sales tax (saving $10-12 in most states), plus they're really good with customer service. My first PSP had a dead pixel and they overnighted me a replacement at no charge with no hassle at all.

Daxter is quite a good game indeed and really, if you want the Silver bundle, find a deal somewhere with a coupon and get one. You'll use the memory stick initially until you get a larger one and Daxter will entertain you for a while.

The only coupon I've ever seen is the 15 off PSP packed with the GOW demo a while back. Retail coupons all seem to exclude game hardware or consoles. Would have bought the piano black had I known I was going to get another to keep an updated system.

The only coupon I've ever seen is the 15 off PSP packed with the GOW demo a while back. Retail coupons all seem to exclude game hardware or consoles. Would have bought the piano black had I known I was going to get another to keep an updated system.

bread's done
Back