Silver Surfer Figurine with Digital Comics DVD - One cent @ Best Buy B&M

MGoBlue

CAGiversary!
I saw this on DVD Talk Bargains forum. The Best Buy exclusive Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer figurine and Marvel Digital Comics DVD rings up at a penny.

I bought 2 of these today. They are marked at $14.99 but they ring up one cent. The cashier thought it was a mistake and called over a manager. The manager said it was OK.

The DVD includes:
- Fantastic 4: The Lost Jack Kirby Story (Digital Comic)
- Fantastic 4: Ultimate Extinction Series (5 Digital Comics)
- Exclusive interviews and character bios

Do you have an image of the "Digital DC Comics DVD" or link?

Will drop by best buys to pick up the figurine? Already read somewhere else, but thanks for the reminder. :bouncy:

Picked up 4 @ .01 each. You should be able to find them right with the FF4 dvds. They are pretty neat bundles.

Stupid a** manager down at the Emeryville's Best Buys saids it's only free with the purchase of the Silver Surfer DVD. Just because of that I feel like bringing in a whole boatload of stuff that I just recently bought and returning everything to the store.

Link doesnt work. :/

I might have to check this out though. I do have xmas shopping to do still. If these are as cool as you guys say they are than Ill be picking some up hopefully.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Link doesnt work. :/

I might have to check this out though. I do have xmas shopping to do still. If these are as cool as you guys say they are than Ill be picking some up hopefully.[/quote]

Works for me...

I doubt my BB would let it work at a cent. I see a few at my store, but I got that at launch with the FF2 Power Cosmic Edition set.

The cashier was real nice and said "Oh, you get a free gift" and just handed this to me while her supervisor was busy giving me my free $5 GC (using printout cpn). I had no idea why she just gave it to me, at first I thought it had to be some mistake since it was kind of a big box, but then I thought maybe it was because I spent over $100. Or I figured it was because, at that moment, some black lady started to make a scene at Geek Squad, screaming and cussing them out loud enough for the whole store to hear, "Fix my fucking computer or give me my money back, motherfuckers!!" and they gave it to me out of embarassment. Whatever, I just got a kick out of seeing that, since I don't usually see that kind of thing often and Geek Squad has ripped me off before. I think I'm gonna go to that BB more often now, since recently I see nicer cashiers and I almost never have problems using printed out coupons (I used 4 today) as opposed to the other BB which tends to have many asshole/bitch cashiers. :)

I just grabbed 2 of them and the cashier told me to keep my pennies. Thanks CAG.

Edit: I went back after work and got two more. Once again the cashier didn't even bother to break my 20$.

I picked up one along with Castlevania X Chronicles (using $10 off coupon). Cashier noticed it rang up a penny and told me that I could buy them all if I wanted to--I did.

Thanks Op, found a couple today!
Now where's pookie??? I need to trade him for the Superman version I couldn't find....:bouncy:

East Palo Alto, San Carlos, Milpitas, Redwood City , All Of San Jose Have None.
Santana Row sold the last one right when I called.

P.S. Some Stores Said they have 40, but could not find one. Hopefully the employee was telling me the truth.

I found two at my local BB (Salem, OR) and they rang up for a .01 each. They had about six more there if anyone is interested. Thanks OP.

For those who are picking up the Silver Surfer Statues, don't forget to pick up the Jungle Book Tin Banks. They are also $0.01 as well!

Well I checked the best buy that is by my work durring my lunch break and they had 16 in stock but they said they were only 1 per customer so I only got one.

i got mine for free when my store didn't get those free transformers lithos on release day of Transformers stating that they never got them in so they gave me this for free. That was cool of them.

Picked up all they had at my local store today. 19 of them. Giving 5 away as gifts to friends, keeping 2 to myself, and probally giving the rest to relatives as gifts. Thanks TC!

:D

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I'm also curious as to what this Jungle Book thing looks like.[/quote]

here is a pic that some one at DVD talk posted

8538148.jpg

Went back today. Different manager on staff (I think the other may or may not have been also present; they all look the same to me). Picked up a few "Fantastic 4 Figurines." I'm happy. I guess it really just depends on the manager on staff. :bouncy:

check out the thread over at dvdtalk. some ASSHAT in oklahoma city bought 68 of these (all they had) at three stores and is going to three more stores tomorrow to buy the ones left there....

[quote name='soonerdoc']check out the thread over at dvdtalk. some ASSHAT in oklahoma city bought 68 of these (all they had) at three stores and is going to three more stores tomorrow to buy the ones left there....[/quote]

I just checked out that thread. That guy is an ass, seriously. Leave some for other people.

I grabbed only few from the Best Buy I went to today. There was approximately 100 left and the manager on staff said that I could clear out their entire Silver Surfer stock if I so choose. I decided not to.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']I just checked out that thread. That guy is an ass, seriously. Leave some for other people.

I grabbed only few from the Best Buy I went to today. There was approximately 100 left and the manager on staff said that I could clear out their entire Silver Surfer stock if I so choose. I decided not to.[/QUOTE]

It would just be a waste of space. Can you imagine having to explain to someone visiting your home and seeing 100 Silver Surfer figurines? "Yeah....they're gifts....that's the ticket."

Yah, even 19 was kinda alot for me to pick up. I wouldnt have bought anymore than 20 if they had that many in. Dont see what youd do with that many...doubt youd be able to make a profit on Ebay.

I went back and checked out my local BB again and managed to find one more Silver Surfer and 2 Jungle Book tins. So so far my total is

4 Silver Surfer Figurines

2 Jungle Book Tins

I am planning on trying to score on a few more of these later on. They make the perfect little gift for Christmas.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']I just checked out that thread. That guy is an ass, seriously. Leave some for other people.

I grabbed only few from the Best Buy I went to today. There was approximately 100 left and the manager on staff said that I could clear out their entire Silver Surfer stock if I so choose. I decided not to.[/quote]

Reality check.. if there is an opportunity go get it! after all its not against the law.

[quote name='xage']Reality check.. if there is an opportunity go get it! after all its not against the law.[/quote]

Well played, well played. :bouncy: ...

... Even so, I think he should have limited his acquisitions just so that those who wanted to get dibs on the item at least be able to get one. I mean, why the need to clean out 3 or more Best Buys. Why does anyone need 70 + silver surfers?

Thanks for the additional "tin" tip.
Went in today for a movie pm...
Found one tin on the shelf and then asked for any additional.
Bought the remaining dozen from the back...now I have a really nifty tin for my infamous chex mix gift(s) for the holidays...

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']... Even so, I think he should have limited his acquisitions just so that those who wanted to get dibs on the item at least be able to get one. I mean, why the need to clean out 3 or more Best Buys. Why does anyone need 70 + silver surfers?[/quote]

A Lot Can be Done with just a penny product!

Here is a sample... Hammering the Surfer!

surfer.jpg

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']... Even so, I think he should have limited his acquisitions just so that those who wanted to get dibs on the item at least be able to get one. I mean, why the need to clean out 3 or more Best Buys. Why does anyone need 70 + silver surfers?[/quote]

A Lot Can be Done with just a penny product! Actually I got like 52 from one store

Toys for tots? nah.. that is so so old excuse.. I dont buy that explaination either (you think kids have fun with a non articulated figure and a documentary DVD)

with 52 aquisitions here is one best sample on what to do and its fun!

... Hammering the Surfer! and breaking down the penny cost!

surfer.jpg

[quote name='xage']A Lot Can be Done with just a penny product! Actually I got like 52 from one store

Toys for tots? nah.. that is so so old excuse.. I dont buy that explaination either (you think kids have fun with a non articulated figure and a documentary DVD)

with 52 aquisitions here is one best sample on what to do and its fun!

... Hammering the Surfer! and breaking down the penny cost!

surfer.jpg
[/quote]

Now do one in the microwave!!!

[quote name='shigster']Now do one in the microwave!!![/quote]

:D Its not recommended due to the metal surfboard that might cause static discharge with the microwave oven and might result to arson...

bread's done
Back